Posted December 15, 2014
My daughter is in first grade with Mr. Strain this year and I can't say enough good things about him! He is so good for the kids and for us as parents. We all have his phone number and he always answers or returns the call that very same day. My daughter is reading better than she ever has and is enjoying school for the first time. I highly recommend him!

Posted October 03, 2014
My son has the pleasure of having Mr. Strain this year in 1st grade. He is amazing!! My son use to dread going to school, but now loves it. Mr. Stain has made learning so much fun. He's also great with communicating with parents and keeping them up to date wirh things going on. I strongly recommend him :)

Little Axe Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2013
What a wonderful community and school district! So warm and friendly with exceptional teachers and staff.

Little Axe Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2009
The elementary is completely unorganized, teachers are uncaring, and i am sorely dissapointed in the whole school

Posted January 28, 2009
I have kids at the elem. Middle and high school and all of my children absolutely love Little Axe schools. Awesome schools with high expectations of their students.

Little Axe Elementary School 0

Posted October 28, 2008
My son is attending the 5th grade at Little Axe he states he is bored and is learning stuff he already had last year, I feel there should be more programs and tests available for the children that are more gifted than others and for the students with i.e.p , my senior two years ago was told not to bother taking his sats because he was on an iep program and the councilor felt he wouldn't make good college material. I feel it i a very sad program for the high school.

Little Axe Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2007
I wld like to respond to the prev posts. My dd attended LA Elem since Pre-K and it is a wonderful school. LA does not allow any child to behave inappropriately. LA Elem does not sell candy, but does have one fundraiser each year. Most dances are put on by organizations such as PTA, Boy Scouts or Drama Club. They care very much about your childs education. My child is a straight A student and is now in 6th grade. LA Elem has a music prog for which my dd attended and she is in Vocal Music in the Middle School. It wld appear from the posts that the parents posted comments in the wrong areas and my be giving inaccurate info. As far as a club goes, sports has nothing to do w/it...you must have student interest above all. I dont see many children playing chess these days.

Posted September 07, 2007

Little Axe Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2007
I am VERY unhappy with Little Axe Elementary. We transfered from Madison due to living circumstances. My older son was tested and found to be gifted. There is NO gifted program at this school, and the teachers seem unable to keep up with my son's abilities. Also, this school seems to be more about the sports than the academics. I went to a PTA meeting, and almost no one was there because of baseball practice. They also just lost their music program due to funding. Neither of my children have been challenged in any way since they started here. I am doing what I can by maintaining a presence at the school, and starting a Scholastic Chess Club. I doubt I'll get many members, since it's not a sport.

Posted July 24, 2007

Little Axe Elementary School
2000 168th Avenue Northeast, Norman, OK  73026
Last modified Little Axe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little Axe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top