Bad
Good

My son is in kindergarten and is borderline ADHD. I feel as if the school speech and occupational therapy programs and mostly his teacher has failed him. He has been "considered for dismissal" of IEP programs on numerous occasions. His teacher doesn't seem interested in helping my child. His pre-k year was at a different school and was thriving. A month or two after he started Little Axe he seems to have forgotten almost everything he picked up at his previous school.

My daughter has Mr.Strain. She absolutely loves him. He's a good guy. She learned how to read so much better and loves to read. She loves going to school. He's the best thing that ever happened to the kids he teaches and the school.

Love Mr. Strain in first grade! Such a great example for my son. Very Christian man, very inviting to all parents to participate in our kids education and always has the best outlook on my sons education. Hoping my daughter can have him next year!

My daughter is in first grade with Mr. Strain this year and I can't say enough good things about him! He is so good for the kids and for us as parents. We all have his phone number and he always answers or returns the call that very same day. My daughter is reading better than she ever has and is enjoying school for the first time. I highly recommend him!

My son has the pleasure of having Mr. Strain this year in 1st grade. He is amazing!! My son use to dread going to school, but now loves it. Mr. Stain has made learning so much fun. He's also great with communicating with parents and keeping them up to date wirh things going on. I strongly recommend him :)

What a wonderful community and school district! So warm and friendly with exceptional teachers and staff.

The elementary is completely unorganized, teachers are uncaring, and i am sorely dissapointed in the whole school

I have kids at the elem. Middle and high school and all of my children absolutely love Little Axe schools. Awesome schools with high expectations of their students.

My son is attending the 5th grade at Little Axe he states he is bored and is learning stuff he already had last year, I feel there should be more programs and tests available for the children that are more gifted than others and for the students with i.e.p , my senior two years ago was told not to bother taking his sats because he was on an iep program and the councilor felt he wouldn't make good college material. I feel it i a very sad program for the high school.

I wld like to respond to the prev posts. My dd attended LA Elem since Pre-K and it is a wonderful school. LA does not allow any child to behave inappropriately. LA Elem does not sell candy, but does have one fundraiser each year. Most dances are put on by organizations such as PTA, Boy Scouts or Drama Club. They care very much about your childs education. My child is a straight A student and is now in 6th grade. LA Elem has a music prog for which my dd attended and she is in Vocal Music in the Middle School. It wld appear from the posts that the parents posted comments in the wrong areas and my be giving inaccurate info. As far as a club goes, sports has nothing to do w/it...you must have student interest above all. I dont see many children playing chess these days.

Last modified Little Axe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.