Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Little Axe Elementary School 1

Posted March 29, 2016
My son is in kindergarten and is borderline ADHD. I feel as if the school speech and occupational therapy programs and mostly his teacher has failed him. He has been "considered for dismissal" of IEP programs on numerous occasions. His teacher doesn't seem interested in helping my child. His pre-k year was at a different school and was thriving. A month or two after he started Little Axe he seems to have forgotten almost everything he picked up at his previous school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 29, 2016
Thanks for failing my son. Your IEP programs NEED MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HELP! Parent of a kindergarten student in speech and occupational therapy.

Posted February 20, 2015
My daughter has Mr.Strain. She absolutely loves him. He's a good guy. She learned how to read so much better and loves to read. She loves going to school. He's the best thing that ever happened to the kids he teaches and the school.

Posted February 02, 2015
Love Mr. Strain in first grade! Such a great example for my son. Very Christian man, very inviting to all parents to participate in our kids education and always has the best outlook on my sons education. Hoping my daughter can have him next year!

Posted December 15, 2014
My daughter is in first grade with Mr. Strain this year and I can't say enough good things about him! He is so good for the kids and for us as parents. We all have his phone number and he always answers or returns the call that very same day. My daughter is reading better than she ever has and is enjoying school for the first time. I highly recommend him!

Posted October 03, 2014
My son has the pleasure of having Mr. Strain this year in 1st grade. He is amazing!! My son use to dread going to school, but now loves it. Mr. Stain has made learning so much fun. He's also great with communicating with parents and keeping them up to date wirh things going on. I strongly recommend him :)

Little Axe Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2013
What a wonderful community and school district! So warm and friendly with exceptional teachers and staff.

Little Axe Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2009
The elementary is completely unorganized, teachers are uncaring, and i am sorely dissapointed in the whole school

Posted January 28, 2009
I have kids at the elem. Middle and high school and all of my children absolutely love Little Axe schools. Awesome schools with high expectations of their students.

Posted October 28, 2008
My son is attending the 5th grade at Little Axe he states he is bored and is learning stuff he already had last year, I feel there should be more programs and tests available for the children that are more gifted than others and for the students with i.e.p , my senior two years ago was told not to bother taking his sats because he was on an iep program and the councilor felt he wouldn't make good college material. I feel it i a very sad program for the high school.

2000 168th Avenue Northeast, Norman, OK  73026
Last modified Little Axe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.