Bad
Good

Posted January 13, 2014
The media specialist cares nothing for the students. She needs to be replaced very soon.

Posted September 13, 2013
I saw your statement for tthis school. Actually, I have a plan to transfer my daughter into this school. If you don't mind, let me know the class or the grade for my daughter.

Posted August 20, 2013
HORRIBLE SCHOOL, STAFF AND PRINCIPAL ARE "BURNT OUT". THEY WILL IGNORE A PROBLEM UNTIL IT GETS OUT OF CONTROL. THEN THEY WILL SEND OUT A LETTER ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM, BUT THEY WILL NOT TAKE ANY ACTION. THE MOST UNORGANIZED, UNCARING PACK OF ADULTS IVE EVER WITNESSED. I REMOVED MY DAUGHTER FROM THIS SCHOOL AFTER SHE WAS BEING HIT, KICKED, PUSHED DAILY BY TWO BOYS WHO WERE WAY BIGGER THAN HER. I TALKED TO THE PRINCIPAL AND TEACHER CONSTANTLY WITH NO HELP FROM EITHER. THIS SCHOOL NEEDS NEW PRINCIPAL AND STAFF!! NO STARS!

Posted July 18, 2013
This school needs a fresh start. Starting from high up. To many problems. No dicipline enforced. Teachers quiting.

Britton Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2011
I think this school is a good school. The teachers seem to care about the kids and the students seem to enjoy being at school. The teachers seem to have high expectations of the students. The school feels welcoming and you always see students work up in the halls. The principal Mrs. Zackary seems to treat the children like they are her own. I have heard her tell some of the kids outside getting ready to go home that she wants them to learn how to read so they can lead. Then she talks about limos, McDonald's and bringing her jello when she is old. I haven't lived in Oklahoma City that long but I feel apart of the City and I think it is part because of the welcoming atmosphere here. if all the schools are like this school thats great This school is a school that should go to 8th grade. We need more like it.

Britton Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2008
My child, went back after Christmas break this past school year to a class with a substitute teacher, then another sub (to be fair, who was a former principal, who finally brought some sort of order to the class) It took it several weeks to get a new permanent teacher in place. As a new family in the area, there was no 'orientation' at this school. Registration took place a week before school started for all students, not just the new ones, causing total chaos. We didn't know the name of the teacher, pick up, drop off procedure, nothing until the first day. Is it too much to ask to get a lunch menu? Even if the school doesn't have the resources to send printed ones home with a child, would it be too hard to update the menu on the website?

Britton Elementary School 5

Posted February 08, 2008
I'm a very proud parent of Britton Elementary. My daughter and her friends are so excited about learning at school. Mrs. Zackery and her staff are a great asset to what education is all about....'Our Children, Our Future'

Britton Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2008
My children have enjoyed Britton Elementary School. I wish the school went to 8th grade. How many schools have Ballroom dancing, drumming, keyboarding and a great visual arts program? The kids are in uniform and the teachers seem positive and upbeat. The Principal is a positive force at the school. All five of my children have attended this school and we never had a substitute teacher problem.

Britton Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2007
I love Britton my children have been attending Britton since they started as well as my nieces! they have been great especially Mrs Zachary!

Britton Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2005
My son attended Britton for K and 1st grade...His teacher the 1st year was GREAT. She was very helpful in many ways. The school has a computer program so that the kids get time on a computer about everyday and my son loves that. I was not happy with my sons 2nd year at Britton...His teacher was out on leave and his class went through about 5-6 teachers during the year and at the end of the year when his teacher came back we found out that they weren't in the workbooks they were suppose to be. The children in this school are wild and I do not feel that the teacher have much control over them and that is why I am attempting to transfer my son. Parent involvement is good...anytime I wanted to participate it was there.

Britton Elementary School
1215 Northwest 95th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73114
Last modified Britton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Britton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top