Oklahoma City, OK
After care: No

Fillmore Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2010
Put your child in any school but this one! It is terrible!! SO glad that we moved away from this school!!!

Fillmore Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2009
Fillmore has made changes for the better over the last few years. The staff has improved thier efforts in parent involvement as well as made signficant efforts to increase student achievement.

Posted August 19, 2009
I live 2 blocks from this school in a 'quieter' part of the neighborhood, I would not feel safe letting any of my kids walk to school, over the past 13 years the neighborhood has really taken a turn for the worse. The school itself is awesome, there are some language barriers between parents, but the teachers are awesome!My oldest went from pre-k to 5th and went on to a Charter school no problems for middle school.The teachers are concerned, and keep you up to date and they do care about the children.(now only if all the parents were the same way).I have 2 children still in Fillmore and I don't plan on them leaving the school.The principal listens to concerns and is really involved.I do agree with the person that says they need MORE activities.. I have to drive to another another city to let my my daughter do cheer.

Fillmore Elementary School 0

Posted July 25, 2009
My granddaughter went to this school from K-2nd grade. She was put in English as Second Language Program even though no one in her home spoke anything but English. She did not learn to read and had to repeat the 2nd grade. Fortunately she moved and transferred to Wiley Post in Putnam City. She showed immediate improvement. I've been working with her every opportunity from the beginning and just as she's ready for 3rd grade she has finally overcome the obstacles produced by this school. She can now sound out words and read with confidence. I'm not entirely saying the school is bad; but they certainly failed her. I think the inordinate amount of Hispanic students from Spanish speaking homes contributed to teacher overload. Her mother also played a part. If I had been in control this would not have been allowed to escalate.

Fillmore Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2009
We had a horrible year. My child had the most angry, unorganized teacher & we were really discouraged by this. I brought some issues to light & called the desk staff, & I was hung up on. Little parent involvement, you have to BEG to be involved in this school. Too many stories to list.

Fillmore Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2009

Posted August 04, 2007
forgot to add the rating... I give it a full 5 stars for cleanliness, parent/teacher involvement, extra activities and programs for the kids to participate in and above all an AWESOME principal... thanks Ms. Martin.

Posted July 28, 2006
All 3 of my children attend/have attended this school. It is a wonderful school. The teachers are great especially kindergarten.

Posted July 25, 2006
Outstanding school! Constantly doing things for the kids and the Principal is more involved than any other I've ever seen. The kids absolutely adore and respect her, the parents do too. This school went the extra mile to sign up for 'Save the music' and won a hefty sum for the program itself and instruments too. Academically they are above other OKC schools and if things aren't challenging enough for you child, just talk with them and they will do what it takes to make you and your child happy. Mrs. Martin I believe wants to see every child excell, at least this was our experience and we are more than happy to return this upcoming year.

Posted September 25, 2005
I have four children that attend this school, my sister and I attended and also my parents attended this school. I feel for the neighborhood it is in there is a great group of teachers and staff. Although I feel that more parking is needed and the outside of the school could use a coat of paint or two. I go to all of the award ceremonies to support my children and I think it is sad how few parents are their. It only takes two hours at the most to support your children. Ms Martin, the principal is great and understanding and truely enjoys being there with the children and always has time for the parents too. I also think we need cheerleading or football or baseball.

Fillmore Elementary School
5200 South Blackwelder Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73119
Last modified Fillmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fillmore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top