Bad
Good

I have really enjoyed Fillmore this year, it is the first year my daughter has attended. Starting in 1st grade. Overall it seems to be a pretty good school, however I am extremely pleased with my daughter's teacher Lorie Hester, she is an amazing woman that has taught my daughter many things so far. My daughter really enjoys going to school because how much an impact her teacher has made on her.

Put your child in any school but this one! It is terrible!! SO glad that we moved away from this school!!!

Fillmore has made changes for the better over the last few years. The staff has improved thier efforts in parent involvement as well as made signficant efforts to increase student achievement.

I live 2 blocks from this school in a 'quieter' part of the neighborhood, I would not feel safe letting any of my kids walk to school, over the past 13 years the neighborhood has really taken a turn for the worse. The school itself is awesome, there are some language barriers between parents, but the teachers are awesome!My oldest went from pre-k to 5th and went on to a Charter school no problems for middle school.The teachers are concerned, and keep you up to date and they do care about the children.(now only if all the parents were the same way).I have 2 children still in Fillmore and I don't plan on them leaving the school.The principal listens to concerns and is really involved.I do agree with the person that says they need MORE activities.. I have to drive to another another city to let my my daughter do cheer.

My granddaughter went to this school from K-2nd grade. She was put in English as Second Language Program even though no one in her home spoke anything but English. She did not learn to read and had to repeat the 2nd grade. Fortunately she moved and transferred to Wiley Post in Putnam City. She showed immediate improvement. I've been working with her every opportunity from the beginning and just as she's ready for 3rd grade she has finally overcome the obstacles produced by this school. She can now sound out words and read with confidence. I'm not entirely saying the school is bad; but they certainly failed her. I think the inordinate amount of Hispanic students from Spanish speaking homes contributed to teacher overload. Her mother also played a part. If I had been in control this would not have been allowed to escalate.

We had a horrible year. My child had the most angry, unorganized teacher & we were really discouraged by this. I brought some issues to light & called the desk staff, & I was hung up on. Little parent involvement, you have to BEG to be involved in this school. Too many stories to list.

forgot to add the rating... I give it a full 5 stars for cleanliness, parent/teacher involvement, extra activities and programs for the kids to participate in and above all an AWESOME principal... thanks Ms. Martin.

Last modified Fillmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6