Bad
Good

Teachers and principal are not diligent on taking care of kids bullying each other. I've had one on meetings and nothing has been done. My child still gets bullied- we transferred.

My daughter just started going to Gatewood this year. We love her teacher and the principal. All the teachers I have met seem like they really care about the children and work really hard. Its a great school and its only getting better. I think the parent involvement is starting to grow, which will be helpful for the PTA.

Many of the reviews I have read are negetive.I have no complaints about Gatewood.My child has been going to this school since pre-k.I have never had any but GREAT experiences with the secretary,cafeteria staff,teacher and the principal.Im very involved with my daughters education witch makes a big diffrence in the school and your child education.I feel that Gatewoon complete staff is loving and care for each child that attends gatewood.I love my Gatewood family.Keep up the good work Gatewood Gators.

I do not recommend this school! The front office secretary lady is sooo rude! I always go ask questions, cause they work poorly on giving information on every event or anything, and she always answers with an attitude. They now have a new playground, what I do not like is that they send the kids out to play in the 100+ degree weather. My son has came home many times with a headache for being outside in the heat. The cafeteria staff are all so mean and rude to the students (well that's every school). My son experience some bullying in his pre-k year (he is now in 1st grade) he always came home saying a kid punched or kicked him. I will ask him if he told his teacher, he says yes but all the teacher did was told the kid to stop. His teacher never once told me about any incidents. The only reason why my son goes to Gatewood is cause the other school in my district is (Eugene Fields) are always infested with head lice. My son will not continue going to Gatewood after this year! I am taking him out of this school district!

The Principal at this school is very rude and does not make the children her first priority. She is very dismissive of the parents concerns and more than half of the new teachers are the same way. I've watched the school education standards decline since she has been there. I've also see bullying and favoritism shown to students and seen the principal be vindictive towards students and parents. I would not recommend this school.

Gatewood has a few, mind you few, good teachers that work extremely hard with the OKCPS guidelines that they are given. The school is lacking in the front office in friendliness and organization. I don't know how many times events were always screwed up because of bad communication and disorganization. The times were always mixed up and know one knew exactly when things were going to take place. I think the principal has lost her desire to improve this school. These kids, our kids, are the future! A disheartening problem is there is absolutely no playground equipment! All the kids do is run around in circles. Our kids need to let off a little steam. There is little or no support from the parents, except when it comes to giving out prizes during carnivals. Parents and teachers have to come together to make this a better school. It has a lot of potential. If other Okc Public Schools can turn their schools around than so can Gatewood. -from a concerned parent

This is the worst school I have every been involved in in the OKC Public School system. Last year the teacher and principal denied me access to information about my stepdaughter because I was not her "legal guardian." She fainted in class one day and the teacher nor the principal would tell me because I had not competed adopting her. I had her in two other schools in the system before I ever married her father, and they were happy to share information about her. It even states in the OKCPS handbook that stepparents are entitled to that information, but this school denied me. My husband and I were threatened with campus expulsion because we fought this. I had to retain a lawyer in order to receive information about my child. Also her teacher last year would bring her 3 year old daughter to class on many occasions and ask my child to take her places--instead of doing her schoolwork. This school also charges the kids $1 fee on Fridays if they want to opt out of wearing uniforms. And this same teacher from last year is moving up so that my daughter will have her again. I have always been a big supporter of OKC public schools, but I tell everyone I know not to send their kids here.

The principal of this school is not a very nice person. There are a lot of suspensions and a lot of bullying. I have heard staff members saying bad things about other staff members while I am waiting outside the office to pick up my child. The front office secretary is the most unwelcoming person I have ever met. She always has an attitude! There are a few good teachers that have worked here since my kids have attended, but they have all left. I would not recommend sending your child to this school.

Last modified Gatewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6