Bad
Good

This is my first full year at public school before that my son was home schooled. At first he had a hard time adjusting but with the help of his teacher Mrs.King he has made it almost through the year. Thank you Mrs. King for caring. And want to also say a special thanks to Mr Ross, and Mrs West for putting up and helping us thru this difficult time I will always b greatful to you three

The staff at this school are excellent, caring and professional. The leadership is second to none. Expectations are high, and although some parents like to throw fits and complain because their kids are always in trouble... their kids are reflections of them. Although the teachers are fabulous, common sense tells you that they are not miracle workers. If you want your child to be successful parents have to invest time and energy into their children, just like the teachers do.

My child is in the fourth grade and for the life of me cant understand why they are still adding and subtracting no multiplycation no division.The teacher tells me she isnt doing so good with he money counting and time.ARE YOU KIDDING ME why are they still doing this in the 4th grade.She tells me i need to help her with all of that.NO that is what you get paid for.I work all day long to provide to things she need.YOU need to provide her the education she deserves.

My child is currently in the 4th grade, and started at Hayes early in her 3rd grade year. Her 3rd grade teacher did an excellent job, the right mix of caring and discipline. And this year her teacher is following right where 3rd grade left off. I'm very pleased with Hayes. I also understand that teachers in rougher districts have tougher hurdles to get over due to problems with children's homelife. I believe the teachers at Hayes are working with these students in a caring manner.

As my child has only been to the school for one year (kindergarten), I cannot make any blanket statements about the entire school; but our overall experience with Hayes has been positive. My daughter is doing very well here. She's well on her way to independent reading and her teacher Mrs. Wingate is very professional and caring. I'm impressed with how sophisticated (yet learnable) the curriculum is even in kindergarten. I haven't had one on one contact with the principal, but from what I have observed I see that she is engaged with the children and that they are her priority. It would be nice to see this school have more extracurricular activities as they have in some of the north side schools, violin lessons; for instance. But so far, we've had a very good experience with this school.

My daughter currently attends Hayes in the pre-school class. I don't like to pick at people but it's obvious that the teachers and staff could care less about the students there. The grades are well under where they should be and they blame all their problems on either the school board or the parents. Nothing is ever the principles fault, her lack of leadership is outrageous. I personally think that they should just shut the school down.

My son went to this school 1st 2nd and 3rd grades. He had excellant teachers who seem to really care about the students. I would send my kids back.

Last modified Hayes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6