Oklahoma City, OK
After care: No

Posted May 25, 2013
The staff at this school are excellent, caring and professional. The leadership is second to none. Expectations are high, and although some parents like to throw fits and complain because their kids are always in trouble... their kids are reflections of them. Although the teachers are fabulous, common sense tells you that they are not miracle workers. If you want your child to be successful parents have to invest time and energy into their children, just like the teachers do.

Hayes Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2013
My child is in the fourth grade and for the life of me cant understand why they are still adding and subtracting no multiplycation no division.The teacher tells me she isnt doing so good with he money counting and time.ARE YOU KIDDING ME why are they still doing this in the 4th grade.She tells me i need to help her with all of that.NO that is what you get paid for.I work all day long to provide to things she need.YOU need to provide her the education she deserves.

Posted November 30, 2010
My child is currently in the 4th grade, and started at Hayes early in her 3rd grade year. Her 3rd grade teacher did an excellent job, the right mix of caring and discipline. And this year her teacher is following right where 3rd grade left off. I'm very pleased with Hayes. I also understand that teachers in rougher districts have tougher hurdles to get over due to problems with children's homelife. I believe the teachers at Hayes are working with these students in a caring manner.

Hayes Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2009
As my child has only been to the school for one year (kindergarten), I cannot make any blanket statements about the entire school; but our overall experience with Hayes has been positive. My daughter is doing very well here. She's well on her way to independent reading and her teacher Mrs. Wingate is very professional and caring. I'm impressed with how sophisticated (yet learnable) the curriculum is even in kindergarten. I haven't had one on one contact with the principal, but from what I have observed I see that she is engaged with the children and that they are her priority. It would be nice to see this school have more extracurricular activities as they have in some of the north side schools, violin lessons; for instance. But so far, we've had a very good experience with this school.

Hayes Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2009
My daughter currently attends Hayes in the pre-school class. I don't like to pick at people but it's obvious that the teachers and staff could care less about the students there. The grades are well under where they should be and they blame all their problems on either the school board or the parents. Nothing is ever the principles fault, her lack of leadership is outrageous. I personally think that they should just shut the school down.

Posted August 20, 2008

Hayes Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008
My son went to this school 1st 2nd and 3rd grades. He had excellant teachers who seem to really care about the students. I would send my kids back.

Hayes Elementary School 3

Posted June 24, 2006

Posted January 21, 2006
You know it is very easy to pass judgement. As parents, what are you doing to help ensure that your child doesn't fall through the cracks? It is so easy for parents to lay blame on everybody but how did your child's homework grades look? While they were getting these C's and D's how many of these grades were due to not completing the work that is being sent home to complete? I have a childre that graduated last year from Hayes and one that is currently attending Hayes. My daughter that graduated last year is doing wonderful at Carl Albert Junior High and is exceeding well beyond our expecations! My child that is still at Hayes left his school 2 years ago because he was a problem child and has been a straight 'A' student ever since. Look closer to home! Hayes is great!

Hayes Elementary School
6900 South Byers Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73149
Last modified Hayes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hayes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top