Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Active principle was told about serious events regarding my handicap son about 2 perps that been therefor while. 2 serious actions done to myboy by male was leaving him in a dirty urine infested bathroom locking himin. Letting him pk up feeces by hand. My son defescated himself there. Teacher didnt let me know untilhome. Again principal and school board officals said they investigated it. Finding out. Female teacher letting my handicap son he a failure and he cant do anything. These 2including principle need to be taken off roster and funds going to support the schol need to be suspended. Principle unfortunately needs to leave with them. Plz parents becareful with this sick school that okc has approved.

Muy buena escuela, mis dos hijas acuden a esta escuela y estamos muy felices con el desempe o de ellas dentro de la escuela.

School seems to be off to a great start this year with a whole new feel. Leadership of the school has changed.

Bad year for 2 of my daughters. The 3rd grade teacher was HORRIBLE. She complained constantly about my daughter, did not do any required A.R. testing, I reported her to new principle and eventually she "early retired" . But damage was already done, she missed a majority of the learning year, and now is BEHIND when she was ahead when she started school year. I have loved this school but I am really disappointed with this last school year (2013/2014).

Just walk in to this school to see how awful it is; see if you can catch any of the faculty/staff smiling. Doubtful. My son attended this school for pre-k; the experience was horrible. All the teacher ever did was complain about my son not finishing his worksheets. She never celebrated his good points. During a parent teacher conference, I asked the teacher to name my son's best quality. She stared at me blankly, she seemed confused , and could not give me an answer. The situation declined through the year, and my son began having meltdowns every morning, and peeing his pants every day, sometimes several times a day, a clear sign of high amounts of anxiety for a nearly five year old. Finally, one day, the teacher called and left me a nasty message asking if I just wanted to leave him in his dirty clothes for the rest of the day. I pulled him out of the school. I know it sounds like I must have some terrible child, but he's actually incredibly sweet. His new teacher tells me again and again how sweet he is and how she has never seen him be mean to any child and he has the sweetest smile :). Once I pulled him from school, he immediately stopped wetting his pants. Just saying.

I have gone to this school since pre-k. I'm in summer break and about to start 4th grade. I think this school has really improved over the years. they have confrences every once in a while to give out my behavioral and adidemical (please exuse spelling) ups and downs. I get really good grades and have learned much. If your coming to OKC and in the classen and western area, this is the school to go to!

If one of their staff don't like your kid,good luck! They could be very rude,it's their way or the highway!

I attended Horace Mann Elementary School four years ago and I have to say it was one of the best schools I've ever been to. The teachers were great and they liked to interact with the students to get them to understand things better. The classes were rather challenging but taught the students how to deal with difficult subjects and how to take different paths to approach the situation. Everyone was highly supportive and seemed to understand one another. What I really enjoyed about it was the mentors because they came and helped the students comprehend the things being taught. The other students were outstanding and really smart. I think I learned alot from my two years there, I would not ask for a better school!

The principal and teachers treat the children with special needs as unwanted and problem children. They only care about their 'image' to Chesapeake. Extremely stuck up and rude staff. Who think that the children and parents at this school are below them and they are doing you a service or charity by working there. They shun parental involvement and invite outside Private Corporation Employees to do the jobs the parents are willing to do but are kept out on purpose. They wont even allow parents on field trips or to see The Christmas Program, but the mentors are invited. They are stealing our memory's from us and giving them to Chesapeake Mentor Program.

I have 2 children in this school,ages 6 & 7, I love the school. Really friendly helpful teachers. The mentorship that goes on with this school is awesome. In the 2 years that my children have gone here I have never seen any fist fights. I am sure there is in ALL schools though. Its normally a very secure school, no one can come visit or get a child without them calling you and making sure they had premission to do so.

Last modified Horace Mann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.