Bad
Good

Administration: The principal is approachable, and will listen to your concerns, but will typically give you lip service unless the situation is quite bad. She will claim that she does not "take requests" regarding teachers, but if you are adamant and persistent, and have a strong reason for your preference, she may accommodate you. There is no gifted program, so if your child is bright and tests gifted, they do nothing. Teachers: Some are wonderful, esp'lly in the lower grades, but you must be diligent and talk to several other parents to determine who the best, or least bad are (some are bad to the point of incompetence). Once you find out who you want, request her. Parents: The parents of the peers of our kids are very active in the school, volunteer a lot, dominate the PTA, etc. However, I think we were lucky, as the parents of the kids in other grades seem less active. They tend to be cliquish, but it's likely that way at any school. Kids: This is a public school, but the area is more affluent than most in OKC so there is a solid core of middle class kids, but there's also a fair number of poor and working class kids from unstable homes. The latter groups bog down the pace of instruction--e.g., if a teacher who has 2-3 kids in class where english is poorly spoken in a home, there is only one parent, and education is not emphasized, then she has to slow down to accommodate them. This may all sound elitist, but it's reality--studies show there is a direct correlation between family income and the kids' performance in school. But this is likely the case at nearly all of the public schools in OKC. My kids have never mentioned any bullying to me over the several years they attended, so I don't think it's much of a problem, if at all. Facilities: No gym, and no tornado shelter, both of which are inexcusable. The cafeteria is multi-use, but it's insufficient. On the plus side, the playground is good sized, especially compared to its "competitors," Wilson elementary and Nichols Hills elementary. Bottom line: If you are a conscientious, motivated parent, you can navigate your kids through Quail Creek and have them leave with a fairly solid foundation for middle school, but there will likely be a pitfall along the way, (E.g., one teacher failed to show up for several weeks without notifying the principal). 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Quail Creek is the best school. From the first time I entered the doors last year, I was impressed. All the teachers are incredibly friendly and helpful, which is greatly appreciated. I also like the diversity of this school, which I consider to be a big plus. All the parents seem willing to help with PTA, class parties or fundraisers. The teachers always go the extra mile with the kids and are awesome at communication (a big plus for me!). I am so so thankful for this wonderful school & would definitely recommend it to other parents!

Quail Creek is a wonderful school! My daughter is currently in pre-k in Mrs. Doolins class and I have to say she is a great teacher. All the different activities and educational things the principal and PTA offer at this school is amazing. My daughter was writing her first and last name within the first month of starting at quail creek, without any prior schooling. I was amazed. Cannot wait until my 3 year old will attend this school. Very satisfied parents!!

During my 3rd grade year before I moved to Florida. A teacher literally told my mom to "go back where she came from" infront of the principle during a parent teacher confrence and no action was taken. That alone should tell you about the integrity of the school and if you know of these things and want your child there I feel sorry for you.

Very Disapponited in the quality of teaching in the 4th grade. This has been going on for some time.. I hope and pray this gets corrected..

This school has discriminated against us and my child, the worst school, shame on you. I wish there was a zero star. If your religion is not Christianity, don' tell them.

I love QCE..my grandson has attended QC for 5 years and the attention he has received is unbelievable. Dr. Matthews and the teachers are among, if not the best in elementary education. Parent involvement is huge. Every teacher has shown genuine interest in my grandson's success. And as for individual attention, ratings are off the charts. We have loved and respected everyone at QC and will miss them next year.

Quail Creek goes over and above to provide the best education for our children.

I have three children enrolled at QC this year, and have been involved with this school for five consecutive years. The principal is superb! She promptly addresses every concern; the secretary/office administrator knows every child by name; the faculty treats each child as their own. The special education program is by far the best. I never dreamed that my children's learning needs would be so thoroughly addressed and that they would ever perform academically as well as they do. With the personal concern, commitment and genuine love of so many of the QC teachers for my children, they have soared academically! But they have also grown-up and matured in a healthy, safe environment, among adults whom they know truly love them. What more could a parent want for their young children than that?

We have 3 children at QC this year. We are very pleased to be part of this lovely community of families in this school. Our Principal is wonderful and attentive to the needs of each child. The Speech teacher is the best, and the IEP program is personalized to each child. Most all of the teachers are very good. The outdoor buildings are dreadful, but soon to be replaced. The only dilemma is middle and high school.

Last modified Quail Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.