Bad
Good

Roosevelt Middle School is a school with a lot of potential. The staff is hard working and dedicated to the students of RMS. Being a part of a large and diverse district, the school is forced to accept many top down policies - some of which are good or the school, others which are not. The vast majority to RMS students are wonderful young people. The school (via the district) struggles to address some of the behavioral issues brought into the school by a small (but influential) number of students. As a parent, I would be somewhat wary of sending my child to RMS, not because of the teachers, staff, or physical campus, but because of the handful of students with serious behavioral problems, gang affiliations, and/or disregard for the educational process as a whole. In this way, I believe the school (via the district) is failing to reaching its potential as significant amounts of time, energy, and resources are being applied to a small number of troublesome students, at the expense of the wonderful students who make of the vast majority of the school. To label the school as Failing undermines the efforts of countless students, faculty, staff, and the RMS community as a whole.

My child is an 8th grader this year at Roosevelt. I feel the last three years there were not that great. Most of the kids in her class the last two years spent moore time in the principles office and being suspended then they did in class. I feel totely differant about this year. I feel bringing Mrs. Bailey in for head principal was a great move. The 8th grade principal is awesome allso. All the 8th grade teachers she has this year are the best teachers she ever had. I know her favorite teacher is Mr. Worsham. If all teachers cared as much as he does this would be the best school in the world.

The news hit the world. This school let a 13 year old boy get arrested because he accidentely put some stripes on a desk while he was drawing on a papersheet with a permanent marker. Where is the justice in that???? Answer there is NONE.

A 7th grade math teacher at Oklahoma City s Roosevelt Middle School had a student arrested for using a permanent marker pen that made a mark on his desk. It appears that an extremely facist attitude is taking the place of ordinary common sense at this school. This type of harsh, insensitive approach to students is not what I want for my child.

I love that they keep my son on track and offer the after school tutoring he really needs it.

the teachers do have a attitude and do not handle the problem the way they should.

Well im a 8th grader at roosevelt and well they are really cracking down on us from my experiance in 6th grade it has gotten alot better its not the school thats bad but the bad students in it that make it look bad for you former students that have attended roosevelt 2 to 3 years ago alot has changed we have leadership classes,pep clubs, chearleading next year and student council we are really trying to make the school better for other kids that are coming so many people hear its bad but its not bad if you look a the chool deep down

Roosevelt, from my experience, is a terrible school. Not only did I attend Roosevelt as an 8th grader, but my oldest daughter attended Roosevelt. I was at that school constantly about teacher attitudes, lack of communication between school staff and parents, a less than safe environment for my own and other children, many different issues. Though Roosevelt is in my neighborhood, no way would I have put my younger daughter there after the experience I had with my older one.

Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.