Roosevelt Middle School 3

Posted January 14, 2012
Roosevelt Middle School is a school with a lot of potential. The staff is hard working and dedicated to the students of RMS. Being a part of a large and diverse district, the school is forced to accept many top down policies - some of which are good or the school, others which are not. The vast majority to RMS students are wonderful young people. The school (via the district) struggles to address some of the behavioral issues brought into the school by a small (but influential) number of students. As a parent, I would be somewhat wary of sending my child to RMS, not because of the teachers, staff, or physical campus, but because of the handful of students with serious behavioral problems, gang affiliations, and/or disregard for the educational process as a whole. In this way, I believe the school (via the district) is failing to reaching its potential as significant amounts of time, energy, and resources are being applied to a small number of troublesome students, at the expense of the wonderful students who make of the vast majority of the school. To label the school as Failing undermines the efforts of countless students, faculty, staff, and the RMS community as a whole.

Posted December 24, 2010
The news hit the world. This school let a 13 year old boy get arrested because he accidentely put some stripes on a desk while he was drawing on a papersheet with a permanent marker. Where is the justice in that???? Answer there is NONE.

Posted December 23, 2010
A 7th grade math teacher at Oklahoma City s Roosevelt Middle School had a student arrested for using a permanent marker pen that made a mark on his desk. It appears that an extremely facist attitude is taking the place of ordinary common sense at this school. This type of harsh, insensitive approach to students is not what I want for my child.

Posted December 02, 2009
I love that they keep my son on track and offer the after school tutoring he really needs it.

Posted March 06, 2009
the teachers do have a attitude and do not handle the problem the way they should.

Posted January 10, 2009
Well im a 8th grader at roosevelt and well they are really cracking down on us from my experiance in 6th grade it has gotten alot better its not the school thats bad but the bad students in it that make it look bad for you former students that have attended roosevelt 2 to 3 years ago alot has changed we have leadership classes,pep clubs, chearleading next year and student council we are really trying to make the school better for other kids that are coming so many people hear its bad but its not bad if you look a the chool deep down

Posted August 01, 2008

Posted October 26, 2006

Roosevelt Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2006
Roosevelt, from my experience, is a terrible school. Not only did I attend Roosevelt as an 8th grader, but my oldest daughter attended Roosevelt. I was at that school constantly about teacher attitudes, lack of communication between school staff and parents, a less than safe environment for my own and other children, many different issues. Though Roosevelt is in my neighborhood, no way would I have put my younger daughter there after the experience I had with my older one.

Posted March 01, 2005
Roosevelt is a alright school if your child is the type of person who is small and 'regular'. When I say this I mean that ever since I have enrolled my son into this school I have had to spend more time there in meetings than anything. First of all my son has been cleaning the cafeteria for the lunch ladies since school started! This angers me, because when I went to the school and spoke to the principal he told me that it was for the best anyway because he is bigger than the other children and he says that here the kids don't just fight they really get serious and since he is so big they will try to challange him! I think this is absurd. The school doesn't call when your child misses they have a machine and when called back 'NO ANSWER' whats the use? Roosevelt is/beyond Improvement!

Roosevelt Middle School
3233 Southwest 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73119
Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top