Oklahoma City, OK

Posted October 01, 2014
Sequah Elementry is my first to deal with as a parent. My daughter is in PreK and she loves it. She has great teachers that she loves & so far I am very impressed with the security measures that they have in place. All of the staff have been very friendly & helpful. My experience so far has been great compared to some that my sister has had with other schools. This school is already been better than the school I went to growing up. But people need to know that the Principle & Staff can only do so much. The school board has the real power over what gets to happen at the school. If you want to see more activities and stuff for kids then join the PTA and help make it happen like I am.

Posted September 18, 2014
Pretty good school other then my 2nd grade teacher got mad and picked up my child's desk and dumped everything out on the floor!!! I was upset so I went there to talk to her about it. She flat out admitted it and said that my grandson wasn't paying attention by playing with his pencil... She said, she needed to get his attention..

Sequoyah Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
We went into Sequoyah with great expectations having heard wonderful things. We did love our first year with our Kindergarten teacher, she was just wonderful! My son progressed leaps and bounds in all areas. The problems with the principle were there, but we just tried to roll with the changes. 1st grade was not as good, we got a new hire teacher (not young, just new to the school) that wasn't willing to work with the behavior plans in place and my son suffered because of it I think. It did get better over the year, but still not our best experience. The principle switched out and that made some difference, but I would agree that she did not make the school blossom. We are changing schools this year to a charter school that seems promising in their creativity & curriculum. I wish only the best for Sequoyah and the wonderful staff that we love. I do want to reiterate that the teachers here were wonderful!! It is the leadership area that just needs a little work.

Sequoyah Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
This is horrible school!!!!! I have been calling two hours and no one has answered the phone. Plus if you have kids walking to school, the crosswalk person is ALWAYS on her phone! How can you keep kids safe if your not even do a easy job right?So hands down the worst school ever!!!!!

Sequoyah Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2013
This school has certainly gone down hill. I like to give anyone and everyone a chance, but with the school year almost over. The chance is up, this school has always been a school where people came and visited and where great things were happening. I rarely hear any talk of people coming to visit or of anything great going on there. In my opinion the new principal is too laid back, and seems to not care about all of us parents and she does not care about keeping the reputation sequoyah has alive. This makes me sad, my child is a 4th grader and he has loved Sequoyah for many years, I hope this change in principals was worth it to OKCPS, because I am afraid my student will suffer because of this. Please put a principal who WANTS to see great things for Sequoyah in this school, she NEVER tells parents anything, it is always last minute, we are not having good turn outs at events anymore, no recognition or at least my son's not coming home saying there were teachers here to watch us, or anything anymore, it's just not a warm loving place like it used to be. So sad, at least he still has GREAT teachers.

Sequoyah Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2012
This is the 5th yr for my child to be at Sequoyah (started w/ pre-K). When Mrs. Koehn left this year, you can definitely tell it's NOT THE SAME SCHOOL! The feel of it is not there from the teachers. It used to have a very warm and inviting atmosphere...and I can't say it's there anymore. In my opinion, this comes from management- they set the tone of the environment. My child's teacher this year is also new to the Great Expectations way of teaching and there have been a lot of problems in just the first month of school because of this teacher's philosophy. I used to adore this school...key words: USED TO. This situation has saddened me greatly.

Posted April 01, 2010
This school is amazing! The staff here is simply wonderful, the students are A+. My son transfered here a year and a half ago because of their Autism program, and is now mainstreamed into second grade and has made TREMENDOUS progress. WE LOVE SEQUOYAH!!!! Congratulations to Mrs. Koehn for becoming the OK STATE Principal of the YEAR!!!!

Sequoyah Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
Shedeck has a faculty and staff dedicated and devoted to their students. It is a very warm school, but a school that is faced with many unique challenges.

Posted September 29, 2008
The school is fantastic! The principal is young and vivacious and is an energetic leader to her staff. She finds the best curriculum and programs to implement. This is a great public school.

Posted August 12, 2008
I agree, I'm very eager to see what improvements are planned for the school through the MAPS project- we could not ask for a better faculty.

Sequoyah Elementary School
2400 Northwest 36th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73112
Last modified Sequoyah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoyah Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top