No rating

Greystone Upper Elementary

Public | 1-5

Posted May 15, 2012

This school is now called Greystone Upper Elementary School. I hate to say, but this school is awful. We are new to Oklahoma area and I was always told that there were great schools out here. Greystone is not one of them. For lack of better terms, the parents and kids attending this school are ghetto and have behavioral issues. My son does not want to go back there next year for 5th grade. He loved his teacher but expressed that if she did not teach 5th grade he wants to attend a new school. And he will. Not to mention the Principal is very stand offish and doesn't seem to have the kids best interest at heart. I wrote her a letter with a concern I had and have yet to get a response when by law she had 15 days to respond. Great teacher, but the school as a whole is horrible and I would not reccomend anyone send their child there.

Posted July 2, 2007

Hello, I am more concerned for parents who would rather have recess than quality teaching. I've observed Eisenhower Elementary for several years now. I must say the school has made a tremendous turn around. Parents who have not cared in the past are now caring even more. My child's teacher, Mrs. Lang, has been a great teacher. She not only taught my child how to read better, but also taught the class African-American poetry. I now listen to my child recite 'Mother to Son' by Langston Hughes and it brings tears to my eyes. Education isn't all about tests, it's about life too. Not to mention, the results that this website displays are 2005-06 results. Show me this years results. I'd be very surprised if this school wasn't one the best schools in the district. Thank you Mrs. Lang for teaching my child, and thank you Eisenhower Elementary.

Posted July 2, 2007

I must say this year was the best year I've ever seen at Eisenhower Elementary. I can't wait to see this year's test results. As far the 'no recess.' I've heard my son say he doesn't need recess because that takes away from his instructional time. This is the same boy who would cry everyday about not having PE/recess. I hope other parents take a look at what I saw this year. Yea, the school is an old middle school, but the building doesn't make the school- the staff and students do! Great job Eisenhower Elementary and I look forward to better things next year.

Posted May 29, 2007

There's very little input I can give. I believe the playground equipment should be of little consequence compared to the test scores. What a travesty this is. Parents have to take some of the responsibility. Are you sure your children are doing their homework, do you care? Next, the principal and teachers should be more than diligent in getting this school up to par. The test scores speak for themselves.

Posted January 17, 2007

I agree with what seemst to be the majority vote on this school. Keep in mind, some of the teachers are great. The school has moved this year, to an old middle school with NO playground equipment, and the children aren't even scheduled a recess. It's up to the teacher if they get to go outside for 'five or ten' minutes a day. you don't get a feel of the loving, nurturing evironment that helps children learn well. My children no longer enjoy going to school, where I feel they are overburdened by the homework sent home.

Posted September 7, 2005

We moved to OKC two years ago and my son had to start first grade at this school. This school has almost no playground equipment, it is way out in the middle of field, and the staff and admimistrators are unfriendly and uncaring. My first child was going to school and they left me on my own to figure everything out that they thought I should know already. NOt helpful in any way, and rude most of the time, as if they didn't have the time to explain something to the parents of the students they were supposed to teach. Most of the teachers that I met there had horrible, horrible grammar also. WOuld you want someone teaching your child, that didn't know proper grammar? Children learn what they see.

Posted May 18, 2004

This school is a great school. You have to show your self friendly and get to know the principal Angela Houston. Parents, it is your responsibility to get involved with your children school. Stop talking negative and get involved.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted May 5, 2003

this school is not friendly at all. if you are new to this school, you sure dont get any help from the staff about the school. they are very unfriendly.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Black 2 74% 10%
White 1 10% 58%
Hispanic 1 9% 13%
American Indian/Alaska Native 2 3% 17%
Two or more races 2 2% 5%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1 1% 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 2 1% 0%
Native American 1 N/A 17%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2011-2012
Source: 2 NCES, 2011-2012

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Special education 111%N/A15%
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 288%N/A61%
Source: 1 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2010-2011
Source: 2 NCES, 2011-2012

• Mr. Max Miller
Fax number
  • (405) 587-3105

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2401 NW 115th Terrace