Bad
Good

I went to this school when it first opened up again about 18 years ago. Since being an adult and having a daughter of my own, I have always seen this school at the top of my standards because of everything it provided at such an early age. Assuming it has the same programs now, the arts and science department gave me so much I never even got in middle school or high school. We were able to do real pottery on spinning wheels, orchestra, choir, theatre, science experiments with real microscopes and flasks, etc... The teachers were always amazing and I only wish my daughter could go to this school but I don't live in okc anymore. Just wanted to leave a comment from a real former Cleveland student that left with more passion about art, science, and learning than I think I ever would've had without going to this school. Thanks Cleveland!!! :)

I'm a grandparent of two students at Cleveland. They have the best staff I think I've ever experienced. I love the music teacher, I love the principal, I love the man who teaches strings. We have been to many programs, visited classes & feel it is a model school. Parent involvement is the greatest. And think that might be the secret. I often come home to our hometown & relay some of the things I've seen that work & have a potential to work if we too use it. Sometimes they listen & sometimes they don't. One more person I didn't mention, the janitor. He's a joy. You can feel assured your child will receive a quality education & many mentors of character modeling at Cleveland. Can't say enough good things.

My daughter is in first grade, and she adores her teacher. Actually she loves the art teacher, librarian, music, PE, and office staff, too! I have been very impressed with them as well. My child's reading and writing has improved considerably. The communication from the teacher, the administration, office staff, and the PTA has been great. The school has many partnerships within the art community, including Oklahoma Children's Theatre, El Sistema, and Oklahoma City University, that offer after school music and theatre lessons. The art, music, and PE teachers have wonderful programs, projects, and clubs throughout the year. The school is a Great Expectations model school, and the staff is enthusiastic and friendly. There are many fun events for the parents to get involved throughout the year. The school is small, but still diverse. We came from an Edmond school this year and could not be more impressed. Also, there is before and after school childcare. Really a great school!

MY KIDS ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SCHOOL! NOT JUST BASE CLASSES, BUT ALL EVENTS, AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. THE TEACHERS GENUINLY CARE -NOT JUST ABOUT THEIR CLASS, BUT ANY AND ALL STUDENTS & PARENTS THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH CLEVELAND. I SAY NO WHEREELSE IS CLEVELAND! BRAVO BULLDOGS!

There is a new principal at Cleveland! Mrs. Stafford seems to genuinely care about the students, teachers and parents. The teachers seem happy, which helps them perform well in the classroom! This is my child's fourth year at Cleveland, and the administration difficulties seem to be in the past with positive leadership now! I have two younger children, and we are looking forward to many wonderful years of learning and fun at Cleveland!

We sent our son to the Cleveland Prescool class that meets at the Linwood Child Developement Center, and we were so impressed with the teachers! Miss Liz and Miss Kim are incredibly dedicated to giving the kids an excellent education. They are good at maintaining a structured, yet highly creative and supporting enviroment. The classroom is well organized and cheerful. I don't believe I could have sent my son to a better preschool, public or private!!

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with other posters. Cleveland used to be a great school. In fact, it used to be the best school in the district under the leadership of Marilyn Davis. Unfortunately, the new principal has an entirely different vision for Cleveland and as a result the school has really gone down in academics. Core Knowledge is no longer emphasized, especially in the upper grades. Advanced academics are no longer a priority. Hiring excellent teachers is no longer a priority. There is much squabbling going on behind the scenes between teachers and principal and most of the best teachers have left as a result. It's very sad and disappointing, but we will be looking for a new school. Cleveland is headed down.

My daughter has been at the school for 2 years and our second child will start there this fall. We wouldn't send them anywhere else! We love this school! The level of academics and pride in the school itself doesn't even compare to the other neighboring schools. The art and science programs are amazing as well as the music department. Cleveland is an outstanding school with fabulous faculty and staff and lots of involved, caring parents. We are proud to call it our school!

Last modified Cleveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.