Classen High School Of Advanced Studies 3

Posted October 31, 2014
Classen SAS is a school that I am currently attending, and it is average. I think people have the misconception that if a school's students are good, the school is good, but that is simply not the case. If the school takes in only the best , of course its test averages will be great, because the students are smart. Even many former students of the school seem to think their success is due to their school, which I honestly find a little sad. Classen is more high stress than other schools, because you are getting work that other schools would hand out much later, but the quality of the education itself is the same. It's not bad, just worse that most people think. Classen takes good students and leaves them as good students, it's really not that hard.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 26, 2014
Several years ago I graduated from Classen. At the time I knew I had a quality education but only recently as a college graduate, 2 years into my profession do I realize how important Classen has been to my success. The teachers, administration and students who make up Classen is what makes it so special. You will not find another public school as well run as Classen. The only thing I regret about it is the lack of sports programs - no track, no football, no baseball, no wrestling, one year of golf. They will co-op with others schools but they do not make it very accessible.

Posted January 30, 2011
I was an IB senior and now a Freshman in college. Classen prepared me for college and life, now school is a breeze. I'm being paid to go to college. The school had wonderful teachers, a great atmosphere and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. There isn't another place like Classen. The only thing that I wish was that they properly tell the students about IB and that it was worthless in the state of Oklahoma. It's a hard, grueling program that will beat down your body. The program is why I have many anxiety issues today. It's not the school, but IB that is the problem. Also it cost 300$ if you have money, luckily my family is in the lower income so I wasn't required to pay for my tests.

Posted January 23, 2011
I have two children at Classen SAS ( a VPA 9th grader & IB senior ) The school is GREAT! My son was accepted to OCU with a HUGE scholarship, my daughter is dancing her heart out. Both are A students. I am very involved with the administration and PTA. Such a great bargain (free). Both of my children went to a very expensive private school in OKC during elementary school-I glad they mad the move. The students are tolerant, expressive and awesome. There is not the prevelant "sports" culture at Classen-the "cool" kids are just as likely to be singers, science fair winners, dancers, or whizzes at math.

Classen High School Of Advanced Studies 0

Posted October 19, 2010
Classen School of Advanced Studies has helped my granddaughter develope her singing talents and taught her to plan piano. This school is a public school that you have to be excepted to for talents other than scholastic! It is wonderful!

Posted October 09, 2010
a wonderfully diverse of mix of students are given the opportunity to pursue equally diverse fields of study.

Posted June 15, 2010
I don't have a review - but would like if anyone could give me some information on getting my daughter enrolled - we've just moved from Arizona and I have yet to find info about enrollment. Thanks!

Classen High School Of Advanced Studies 3

Posted March 04, 2010
I'm a former student of this school, I left when I moved to another state, but apart from some teachers who don't pay attention to student's needs and the workload the school's funding goes to gardening to beautify the outside of the school while the inside falls apart...this school was okay, but it had more negatives to me than positive.

Classen High School Of Advanced Studies 4

Posted October 04, 2009
Great place for students and parents who think outside the box - academically and artistically intensive, motivating, challenging, and inspiring!

Classen High School Of Advanced Studies 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Classen is the best high school in the State of Oklahoma!

Classen High School Of Advanced Studies
1901 North Ellison Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73106
Last modified Classen High School Of Advanced Studies is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Classen High School Of Advanced Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top