Bad
Good

I'm a band major and I love it! I've been going to Classen for 3 years now and I'm a junior. I think the reason why Classen is so good is the expectations put on students. You have more homework and more music to practice and the teachers expect it to be done. It's not a unreasonable amount (at least for vpa majors) but you do need to work harder, it well prepare you for college and get you great friends that have the same interests as you plus some that are totally opposite! There's not really any bullying because Classen is the school for all kids who got bullied and are tired of it. It's great I love it. The teachers are wonderful and the students are accepting. All the music departments are fabulous and our academics are even better! If your into sports then it's probably not the school for you unless you play girls basketball! But it's totally worth all the extra work and is defiantly a one of a kind school!!!

Classen SAS is a school that I am currently attending, and it is average. I think people have the misconception that if a school's students are good, the school is good, but that is simply not the case. If the school takes in only the best , of course its test averages will be great, because the students are smart. Even many former students of the school seem to think their success is due to their school, which I honestly find a little sad. Classen is more high stress than other schools, because you are getting work that other schools would hand out much later, but the quality of the education itself is the same. It's not bad, just worse that most people think. Classen takes good students and leaves them as good students, it's really not that hard.

Several years ago I graduated from Classen. At the time I knew I had a quality education but only recently as a college graduate, 2 years into my profession do I realize how important Classen has been to my success. The teachers, administration and students who make up Classen is what makes it so special. You will not find another public school as well run as Classen. The only thing I regret about it is the lack of sports programs - no track, no football, no baseball, no wrestling, one year of golf. They will co-op with others schools but they do not make it very accessible.

I was an IB senior and now a Freshman in college. Classen prepared me for college and life, now school is a breeze. I'm being paid to go to college. The school had wonderful teachers, a great atmosphere and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. There isn't another place like Classen. The only thing that I wish was that they properly tell the students about IB and that it was worthless in the state of Oklahoma. It's a hard, grueling program that will beat down your body. The program is why I have many anxiety issues today. It's not the school, but IB that is the problem. Also it cost 300$ if you have money, luckily my family is in the lower income so I wasn't required to pay for my tests.

I have two children at Classen SAS ( a VPA 9th grader & IB senior ) The school is GREAT! My son was accepted to OCU with a HUGE scholarship, my daughter is dancing her heart out. Both are A students. I am very involved with the administration and PTA. Such a great bargain (free). Both of my children went to a very expensive private school in OKC during elementary school-I glad they mad the move. The students are tolerant, expressive and awesome. There is not the prevelant "sports" culture at Classen-the "cool" kids are just as likely to be singers, science fair winners, dancers, or whizzes at math.

Classen School of Advanced Studies has helped my granddaughter develope her singing talents and taught her to plan piano. This school is a public school that you have to be excepted to for talents other than scholastic! It is wonderful!

a wonderfully diverse of mix of students are given the opportunity to pursue equally diverse fields of study.

I don't have a review - but would like if anyone could give me some information on getting my daughter enrolled - we've just moved from Arizona and I have yet to find info about enrollment. Thanks!

I'm a former student of this school, I left when I moved to another state, but apart from some teachers who don't pay attention to student's needs and the workload the school's funding goes to gardening to beautify the outside of the school while the inside falls apart...this school was okay, but it had more negatives to me than positive.

Great place for students and parents who think outside the box - academically and artistically intensive, motivating, challenging, and inspiring!

Last modified Classen High School Of Advanced Studies is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.