Oklahoma City, OK
After care: No

Posted April 18, 2014
Belle Isle is a great option for Middle School. It feels like a private school and the staff and administrators are great. Academic standards are high and stressed appropriately.

Posted November 07, 2013
I love this school all of the teachers care. The teachers make fun lessons. Enroll your kids it is amazing your kids would love it and so would your kids. :-)

Belle Isle Middle School 4

Posted November 10, 2012
I attended Belle Isle 6th through 8th grade and it was a great school, although the counselor accused me of drug abuse based on no evidence other than a short story I wrote in the sixth grade. The rest of the teachers and staff were great, though. At most schools I've been to the teachers are the only adults I know but at belle isle the entire staff is like family. The principal and nurse are both funny and nice people. The vice principal even drove me home once when I didn't have a ride. It is overall an amazing school.

Belle Isle Middle School 2

Posted November 05, 2011
I am a former student and BIEMS was not a pleasant year... I am class of 2006 and the teachers are not helpful. They do not care about the students nor about the facility. They gossip and treat the stuudents with no respect. The students are not being monitered. I would recommend ICMS or Classen School of Advanced Studies Not very impressed.

Posted November 22, 2010
There are several things that set this school apart from the other high-quality schools in the area: -All students that are allowed to attend are held to a strict best-behavior code. This is a school for kids who *want* to follow the rules -a safe environment for students. -There is no lottery here-every student has been chosen as a good fit. -High grades are a requirement to get in (and stay in). Thus, every child in the school is working either at grade level or above grade level. This allows them to offer a very strong (Core Knowledge) curriculum. For example, in addition to offering Honors Math, they also offer Advanced Pace Honors Math. -There are high expectations for every student - and the students are able to rise to the occasion. Teachers selected to teach at this school are the cream of the crop - they "get" middle school kids, they *enjoy* this age, and they know how to give the students the tools and support they need to succeed. Fantastic principal, too! -6th graders are given the tools they need to thrive academically. Organizational and study skills are taught, and great books like Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" are utilized.

Posted January 29, 2010
i am a student at belle isle ad i LOVE it! they treat me with respect and don't treat me like a baby. they believe in me and push me far with my learning! they support me. they truly care. it is really fun too. students get alot of freedom. we learn not to do bad things so we do not get that freedom taken away.

Posted November 07, 2009
Belle Isle is a fantastic school!!! The teachers are amazing. My daughter and son absolutely love their teachers especially their orchestra teacher. He's great. The uniform is such a blessing. My daughter and I don't have to fight in the morning over what she's going to wear. It's my sons first year and he comes home every day with a smile and great stories about his teachers. It's my daughters third and last year there and she's so sad that she will have to leave. The principal is amazing, the teachers prepare your child for greatness and you'll love it

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted October 03, 2009
Belle Isle is a magnet school with a challenging curriculum designed to prepare gifted and talented children for college. Both algebra and geometry are taught to qualifying students and Latin is required for all 7th graders.

Posted January 08, 2009
Belle Isle is an EXCELLENT middle school. With great extra cirricular activities, academics, and fine arts. I love attending it and couldn't have chosen a better school! It's like a really big family here, that's how close we are!

Belle Isle Middle School
5904 North Villa Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73112
Last modified Belle Isle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belle Isle Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top