Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son has attended this school since 6th grade. He has had the most amazing experience. The teachers, coaches and administration are absolutely amazing. He has played every sport, he has played in orchestra all 3 years and is in advanced classes. I am beyond pleased with this school and happy that he was student at KCMS!

My son went here for only 6 months of his 8th grade yr. Being that he was previously in a private school from pre-k to 8.. he was very shy. They were so helpful and really helped him. I didn't mind the no homework issue, he was spending 3-4 hours a night at his previous school doing homework so this was a nice break. I was mortified that i had to put him in this school at first, then I was so shocked with the happy outcome. the staff was amazing, from the front desk to the principle. I wish I would have pulled him out of private way before I did to attend cooper!

I totally agree with the homework situation. My daughter never studies at home because she never has homework therefore us parents will never know where they are knowledge wise. It frightens me because when our children are about to attend college will they be able to handle it? I don't think they have it hard enough....it's so easy.

I have been at other schools in the past and feel that the faculty and staff at Cooper do what they can do make the school atmosphere as positive as possible and to help students succeed. There are good kids and bad kids at Cooper. The only parents who complain are those who are not discipling their children at home or backing-up the teachers' decisions. So many times there are parents who work to get their children out of trouble rather than allowing them to learn their lessons and mature. When there is a child who constantly gets into trouble at school, you can bet the parent is as immature or volatile. But the parents who support the teachers and who work with their children at home are, for the most part, satisfied with the quality of Cooper.

Kenneht Cooper is the best middle school in Putnam City when it come to the learning environment and also they know who to make school fun and exciting for the kids to give them reason to find fun and enjoyment in going to school.

I regard the academic standards as insufficiently demanding. Teachers do not assign remotely enough homework. If we use the standard of one hour per grade level per week, then teachers are assigning about 10 percent of what they should. Students who do not turn work get extra chances to do so.

We are new to Putnam City Schools and I can tell you that we are very disappointed in Cooper Middle School. The discipline is lacking, the teachers do not seem to care. The leadership is poor. There seems to be a lot of fighting among students and their remedy is in school suspension, where they go to a room for a specified period of time. We are not happy and are looking into private schools for our children.

The assistant principal is completely incompetant. The school does not respond to discipline in a fair and consistent manner. Their policy of punishing a child involved in an altercation regardless of their level of involvement, promotes more violence. All the children know that if you're going to get in trouble, even if you didn't hit the other child, then you might as well make certain and hurt the other person. The teaching staff does not do enough to engage the student and encourage them to succeed. The principal on down through the teachers do little to try and mediate problems. They refuse to deal with them.

I have been very disappointed in the leadership of this school. Putnam City use to be known for its high standards and excellent staff, now they have lowered their expectations and reduced their staff to test passers for No child Left Behind. Kids are more interested in the ball teams than the classroom.

Last modified Cooper Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.