Oklahoma City, OK

Posted January 29, 2015
My son went here for only 6 months of his 8th grade yr. Being that he was previously in a private school from pre-k to 8.. he was very shy. They were so helpful and really helped him. I didn't mind the no homework issue, he was spending 3-4 hours a night at his previous school doing homework so this was a nice break. I was mortified that i had to put him in this school at first, then I was so shocked with the happy outcome. the staff was amazing, from the front desk to the principle. I wish I would have pulled him out of private way before I did to attend cooper!

Posted February 18, 2010
I totally agree with the homework situation. My daughter never studies at home because she never has homework therefore us parents will never know where they are knowledge wise. It frightens me because when our children are about to attend college will they be able to handle it? I don't think they have it hard enough....it's so easy.

Posted April 13, 2009
I have been at other schools in the past and feel that the faculty and staff at Cooper do what they can do make the school atmosphere as positive as possible and to help students succeed. There are good kids and bad kids at Cooper. The only parents who complain are those who are not discipling their children at home or backing-up the teachers' decisions. So many times there are parents who work to get their children out of trouble rather than allowing them to learn their lessons and mature. When there is a child who constantly gets into trouble at school, you can bet the parent is as immature or volatile. But the parents who support the teachers and who work with their children at home are, for the most part, satisfied with the quality of Cooper.

Posted July 31, 2008
Kenneht Cooper is the best middle school in Putnam City when it come to the learning environment and also they know who to make school fun and exciting for the kids to give them reason to find fun and enjoyment in going to school.

Posted March 27, 2008
I regard the academic standards as insufficiently demanding. Teachers do not assign remotely enough homework. If we use the standard of one hour per grade level per week, then teachers are assigning about 10 percent of what they should. Students who do not turn work get extra chances to do so.

Cooper Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2007
We are new to Putnam City Schools and I can tell you that we are very disappointed in Cooper Middle School. The discipline is lacking, the teachers do not seem to care. The leadership is poor. There seems to be a lot of fighting among students and their remedy is in school suspension, where they go to a room for a specified period of time. We are not happy and are looking into private schools for our children.

Cooper Middle School 1

Posted August 08, 2007
The assistant principal is completely incompetant. The school does not respond to discipline in a fair and consistent manner. Their policy of punishing a child involved in an altercation regardless of their level of involvement, promotes more violence. All the children know that if you're going to get in trouble, even if you didn't hit the other child, then you might as well make certain and hurt the other person. The teaching staff does not do enough to engage the student and encourage them to succeed. The principal on down through the teachers do little to try and mediate problems. They refuse to deal with them.

Cooper Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2007
I have been very disappointed in the leadership of this school. Putnam City use to be known for its high standards and excellent staff, now they have lowered their expectations and reduced their staff to test passers for No child Left Behind. Kids are more interested in the ball teams than the classroom.

Cooper Middle School 3

Posted February 16, 2005
My daughter is an 8th grader at Cooper Middle School. I have grave concerns for the level of security at this school. Often she comes home speaking of gang fights. This is not what I envisioned when moving to the Putnam City District. I'm greatly disappointed in the social standing and climate of this Putnam City School. I've been told it only gets worse at Putnam City High School.

Cooper Middle School 4

Posted March 09, 2004
As nice a school, staff, and area...the huge, underlying socio-economic diversity and the racial tensions at Cooper are much too stressful for our child. She will not be going back next year.

8001 River Bend Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK  73132
Last modified Cooper Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cooper Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top