Oklahoma City, OK
Students enrolled: 1,088

Posted August 13, 2015
Children are out of control. They are mean, rude, and very disrespectful! goes to show how terrible their educators are, and inadequate for teaching. Oklahoma with its low paying teaching jobs suck in a bunch of trash! which is especially amplified by this horrible school.

Posted May 07, 2015
The usual mentors are fine but when it comes to the substitutes they pick the worst humans for the job they are mean and cruel. As for the students they are horrible where do these kids come from anyways? Hell? It's absolutely unbareable. They bully others and curse way too much.

Posted January 29, 2015
Never had an issue, my kiddo loves it here. Great school leading to an even greater high school. Very grateful.

Posted December 03, 2014
I am student at Hefner and I recently transferred. And this school? I have some issues with it. The teachers I have would not help me on my first day at all. The students curse WAY to much. I have one teacher who barley watches us. He's on his laptop/phone a lot. I've been at hefter for like 5 weeks now and I'm still trying to learn my way around! I barley got a tour of the place. And the students also fight way to much! I'm constantly hearing the latest person who got into a fight and into 'in school suspention. Just advice? Never go in mid year! Either start at the beginning or start back in January in semester 2! If you were to go to hefter that is...I still wanna go back were I use to live!

Posted October 11, 2014
This school is very clique-ish! All they judge for is what you are wearing and if its name brand.If its not name brand then they will tease you and bully youand talk behind your back. The teachers arent really thatgood either.There was this one teacher where he was playing a radio station that was making fun of president Obama in front of the whole class.I would NEVER reccomend this school to any upcoming 6th grader!

Hefner Middle School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
I go to this school right now. I do not like it at all. There is way to much bullying, fighting, and cursing. The school just has to many people fighting. Other grades always picking on you just because your younger than them, or because they don't like what you are wearing that day which makes no sense. I would not recommend this school. I'm hoping to move soon. I do give props to the teachers, and principals they work hard.

Hefner Middle School 2

Posted March 22, 2012
I was a new student this year and Hefner, and it has to be the worst school ive ever attended, and coming from a military family, it was really bad. There is too much curse words used by teachers, lots of bullying, poor educational values, and the supplies are in bad shape. i hate it.

Posted February 07, 2012
I have a disabled child at Hefner. We loved Will Rogers and expected the transition into middle school to be fine but we feel the school is horrible. I think they need more training and more help. It would also be nice if there was one friendly or helpful person there. We are looking into moving.

Posted December 11, 2011
I started school at Hefner just this year, and already love it. I've made new friends, very few teachers are disliked, and the education is great. All electives are fun and interesting. I haven't witnessed any bullying, or harassment at all. All grade levels are nice to one another and most is amazing. I would highly recommend Hefner Middle School to anyone :)

Posted September 27, 2011
This is our first year at HMS. I have been so impressed with the principle, teachers, and most of the students. Many of the students say "yes ma'am/ yes sir" and "no,ma'am/ no sir". When we did have a problem with some bullies,we followed the process & the priniciple got to the bottom of it right away. They do not tolerate anything but the best.They even realized my child wasn't being challenged enough in math and arranged for him to skip ahead 2 grade levels. In some ways, It's felt like we've been in a private school! I've had great experiences with the teachers so far as well. I am happy with the communication, professionalism, and great quality of the staff. The band teacher was exceptionally helpful to my son when he had questions. We love it here!

Hefner Middle School
8400 North MacArthur Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK  73132
Last modified Hefner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hefner Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top