Posted October 11, 2014
This school is very clique-ish! All they judge for is what you are wearing and if its name brand.If its not name brand then they will tease you and bully youand talk behind your back. The teachers arent really thatgood either.There was this one teacher where he was playing a radio station that was making fun of president Obama in front of the whole class.I would NEVER reccomend this school to any upcoming 6th grader!

Hefner Middle School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
I go to this school right now. I do not like it at all. There is way to much bullying, fighting, and cursing. The school just has to many people fighting. Other grades always picking on you just because your younger than them, or because they don't like what you are wearing that day which makes no sense. I would not recommend this school. I'm hoping to move soon. I do give props to the teachers, and principals they work hard.

Hefner Middle School 2

Posted March 22, 2012
I was a new student this year and Hefner, and it has to be the worst school ive ever attended, and coming from a military family, it was really bad. There is too much curse words used by teachers, lots of bullying, poor educational values, and the supplies are in bad shape. i hate it.

Posted February 07, 2012
I have a disabled child at Hefner. We loved Will Rogers and expected the transition into middle school to be fine but we feel the school is horrible. I think they need more training and more help. It would also be nice if there was one friendly or helpful person there. We are looking into moving.

Posted December 11, 2011
I started school at Hefner just this year, and already love it. I've made new friends, very few teachers are disliked, and the education is great. All electives are fun and interesting. I haven't witnessed any bullying, or harassment at all. All grade levels are nice to one another and most is amazing. I would highly recommend Hefner Middle School to anyone :)

Posted September 27, 2011
This is our first year at HMS. I have been so impressed with the principle, teachers, and most of the students. Many of the students say "yes ma'am/ yes sir" and "no,ma'am/ no sir". When we did have a problem with some bullies,we followed the process & the priniciple got to the bottom of it right away. They do not tolerate anything but the best.They even realized my child wasn't being challenged enough in math and arranged for him to skip ahead 2 grade levels. In some ways, It's felt like we've been in a private school! I've had great experiences with the teachers so far as well. I am happy with the communication, professionalism, and great quality of the staff. The band teacher was exceptionally helpful to my son when he had questions. We love it here!

Posted March 30, 2011
My daughter is a transfer student 6,7, & 8th grade to HMS. She loves it! We have had nothing great things to say about the quality of teachers and education she has received.

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter has been in this school for 1 mth we just moved from out of state, this has been the worst month, I have never experienced such unprofessionalism. I am so discouraged and so is my 13 yr old 8th grader. I have pursued issues with the putnam city north school district. The principle and vice principle are not understanding at all. The speech of the vice principle is that of a 5th grader. cant relate to parents at all, my daughter has been bullied harrassed and because of poor communications between teachers and students my daughter was placed in In school suspension,! i dont recommend this school to anyone I am disgusted! Nothing is professional about this school! The 1st day my daughter started there was a fire truck and an ambulance i shouldve known from then on this just was not the school for my daughter. They need new leadership! GO to CAPPS middle school please stay away from Hefner.!

Hefner Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
I attended 6th grade here and the teachers are good,students care about appearance too much and lunch is always good and healthy. I dont question why mother took me out of this school and in a new one though,I cant really say its a bad school in general but compared to my new school its bad. Drama is excellent,Band is good and Sports is crazy good,you feel a tremendous amount of pride when you go here and its sensational. I wish I could go back but my new school is good for education and I understand.I recommend this school only for certain reasons and tell your child that there is alot of following going on here if someone wears like a cool bracelet or something,EVERYONE has it the next day but dont worry,I never followed the crowd and Im successful here in the friends category.

Posted August 01, 2010
Hefner Middle School is a wonderful school I have been there for two years and is going on my third!! I am glad i am going to that school they have cool teachers that know what to say when you need them. Principles are all good they do what they are to do. The students are well behaved they want to have a good education don't you want your kids to? If so go to H.M.S.!!!!!!!!!

Hefner Middle School
8400 North MacArthur Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK  73132
Last modified Hefner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hefner Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top