Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 20, 2016
My son is in pre-k and is having the worst experience, well in my eyes. He has learned a lot but his relationship with his teachers are ehh. From the NOTES that I'm getting.. he is coloring outside the lines. Can we please take a moment to realize they are 4 years old?

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 04, 2015
We have only been attending the school for 3 months and I have not experienced any of this from the Vice Principal. I finally had to go to the principal which was great.

Harvest Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2015
All I can say is, if you ever have any problems or concerns do not waste your time on the Vice Principal. She is very cold and short and will only talk around subjects instead of finding answers. The Principal is great if you can get to her.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 03, 2015
I currently feel the teachers assistant is much more effective with the kids than the actual teacher.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 03, 2015
In order to develop respect in its students they need to respect their parents and their wishes, which they do not.

Posted August 15, 2015
My son attended two yrs at Harvest Hills, I also went to the school as a child. His fourth grade was terrible, the teacher called every day it seems like or the principal wanted him to be picked up! The teacher lied on him the first week of school and had other teachers and some of the staff involved in the situation. My son was very upset. The principal later in a the week apologized for it and said she spoke with the teacher. Since that first week it has been down hill. These teachers these acts as if they don't know what to do in a situation. This past school year was horrendous for everyone involved. Also if you see a black woman with a white man please do not stare its rude. I will say that there were about four staff members who really cared for him and want to say thank you!

Harvest Hills Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2015
I have two children attending HHES this year and could not be happier. I love the communication that the staff offers the parents. I have no complaints about the school staff or the curriculum. If you have an issue, the staff is always eager to help find a resolution.

Harvest Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2015
My child started going to Harvest Hills this year and she is in 1st grade. There's a teacher at the door every morning greeting the kids and parents but most every time my daughter and myself come in we have to say good morning first or they don't speak. Some teachers look directly in my face and just turn their head like they don't see us. She have been blamed for doing things she didn't do.Her teacher called her a thief on the slide and a liar. She also labeled my daughter as a bully, so anything she do is always magnified. Great curriculum but the teachers need to learn how to deal with little ones.

Harvest Hills Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
LOVE THAT SOME OF THE SAME TEACHERS ARE STILL THERE FROM WHEN MY OLDEST SON WENT TO SCHOOL THERE 15YRS AGO...

Posted May 23, 2012
Our son just finished pr-k at Harvest Hills. Our son's teachers (1 teacher & 1 teacher' assistant in the class) were horrendous. I've never seen people who outwardly appear to hate children decide to become teachers. Neither ofteacher teachers were warm or affectionate towards the children. Towards the beginning of the school year I watched my son walk into class (we were a few minutes late), and he was looked at and ignored as he stood in the middle of the room unsure of what to do next. The teacher then yelled at the students (who were not being loud or unruly, but rather sitting in their chairs talking and coloring) the way a police officer would yell to order someone to the ground. My biggest complaint is the security of the building. The doors by pre-k have been unlocked and propped open during EVERY visit to the school. I went to pick up my son from school a few weeks ago and the teacher told me, in a very unconcerned tone, that he had not come to school that day - which I knew to be false. After searching the school and asking other students, he was found on the playground. He had been unsupervised on the playground for who knows how long.

8201 Northwest 104th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73162
(405) 721-2013
Last modified Harvest Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvest Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top