Posted November 06, 2014
My grandson attends Hilldale and I would like to thank his teachers and staff for making him love to go to school each morning. He is delayed in his reading skills, but with the help of his teacher and the kind encouragement of the principal and other wonderful staff, he is beginning to blossom. Thank you so much, everyone! It truly does take a village to raise a child!

Posted January 28, 2013
Hilldale Elementary is a Great School. I have 2 children that attend there this year a 1st grader & a 4th grader. My 4th grader is involved with Choir, Orchestra & Ball Room Dancing. The school offers Soccer after school during the soccer season & it's FREE right now is basketball season & soon will be track all for FREE no expensive fee's or uniforms to buy. My 1st grader now loves going to school both of their teachers are very nice & kind & they care about their students. I'm so impressed by the staff that I have met when volunteering at the school. The teachers all care about the students well being & the school. About half of the school speaks Spanish & I've noticed a language barrier with my kids trying to communicate with other kids. I don't care about the schools grade because I have kids that are learning every day & making progress and getting taught more than some state mandated test. My kids are receiving a well rounded education and getting to experience more than how to read & how to take tests. My kids get to go to computer lab & PE & ART & yes, even music. My kids LOVE going to school now & they LOVE getting to go to art & other fun things that are offered

Hilldale Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
I have two children (3rd and 5th grade) who just started at Hilldale last week. So far, I don't see any real issues with the school other than my daughter's class having a large number of boys over girls. I thought that was kept pretty even in most classrooms, but hers has 4 girls and 17 boys which could potentially cause issues, but so far so good. The staff seems really friendly and gave me a tour of the building and a warm welcome which was nice. While walking through the halls, i did listen to see if I heard any teachers yelling at children or being hateful to them as that is one thing I will not tolerate, and I heard none of that. The only complaint my kids have is the music teacher, They say the teacher is extremely boring and the class that used to always be their favorite is now something they dread. So, we will see how it goes and I will update my rating after they are there for a while :)

Hilldale Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
My daughter started kindergarten this year at Hilldale. During open house my daughter's teacher talked about the intelligence of my daughter and said she would work hard to keep my daughter challenged. Since she was 4 she knew her alphabet, numbers, how to write her name, her address and her telephone #. However, on her report card she was given 1's on everything including what she already knew. I spoke with her teacher, and she explained that it was a general grade since she had yet to test the students on actual knowledge. Isn't that what a report card is? It should be individualized for each student. The principal was of no hepl. She was hardly in the meeting. When she was there she told the teacher to give my daughter harder material to take home. I am not the teacher. My daughter goes to school to learn not to bring the material home so I can teach her. The principal did not care about my daughter's future or her overworked staff. She lives in her own world not caring about those children. She only cares about the title and her paycheck.

Posted June 28, 2008
Hilldale is an exceptional school! It is a family atmosphere where everyone works together. I always feel at home and love the friendly smiles. Everyone is always eager to help.

Hilldale Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2007

Hilldale Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2007

Hilldale Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2007
Our two children have attended this school since the start of the school year and we are currently moving for more reasons than one. One is the poor quality of education and attention they are getting at Hilldale. When your children come home crying that they don't want to go back to the school because the children there are violent and disrespectful to them .....you know it's time to get your children somewhere they can grow and feel safe. I (an avid musician) went to a parent/teacher conference and was blown away at the lack of interest I got from the music teacher when we entered and asked for the teacher to elaborate on their music program. The violent children and unconcerned staff my two children have encountered is enough. Goodbye Hilldale - We're off to Edmond.

Posted May 04, 2006
The teachers and staff at hilldale are the most wonderful people. You couldn't ask for anything more from a school. They go way above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our children are recieving the type of education they deserve. I have seen magic tricks,clubhouses,juggling,and more to keep the attention of the children. I am impressed and thankful to all of the staff at hilldale for a job very well done yet never appericated enough. thank you Brandi white

Posted January 11, 2005
- a former student
I am now a senior in high school and think that hilldale is one of the best elementary schools out there. Teacher are very involve with each and every student and treat them as if they where their own child. I currently have a sisters in the 3rd grade, 5th grade and kindergarden. I look forward to my little brothers 1st day of school and know he will enjoy it. I would especially like to thank one teacher there Mrs.Gleen she gives each and every kid help in whatever they need.

Hilldale Elementary School
4801 Northwest 16th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73127
Last modified Hilldale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilldale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top