Bad
Good

Tulakes is a very organized and well-run elementary school. We have been here for 2.5 years after moving to Oklahoma city from the Dallas area. It is a very diverse student body, ethnically, culturally, and economically. Academic rigor and discipline is the focus for every child. The Principal is amazing, one of the most professional, passionate, and effective leaders I have been around. The teachers and administrators go above and beyond for each child to be successful and reach their academic potential.

When we first moved to the area, I was a little reluctant to place my son in Tulkes. However, after talking to a freind of mine who taught at Tulakes, my worries were cast aside. My child did very well at this school. Yes, there is a very diverse student popultion, but I think it is important to learn about cultures. The staff is very dedicated and caring. The principal works hard to ensure equity and a first class education for all students. There is often standing room only when there are school functions.

We are sad to be leaving this school where my granddaughter has attended two years. She loved it. Uniforms should be required in all schools. Mr Roland makes an effort to know all his kids by name and the teachers are extremely dedicated. She had Miss Shofner and Miss DuValle. Hope we are this lucky in our new home.

My sons were in Tulake it was the best school they have been in. We are a military family so we move alot. I would love to be back in the school the teachers are commited to the kids!!! Mr. Roland is the best and Ms. Shofner is a Godsend. My boys miss Tulakes three years after leaving and still ask about thier old teachers if that tell you anything!!!!!

My daughter attends Tulakes and did last year as well. The uniforms are a great way to level the playing field for the students. The teachers are dedicated, often there on the weekends and at the sports games throughout the year. My only wish is that there was more opportunity for students who are not in sports.

I have been a visitor to this school several times now and have personally observed but a small part of the dedication of the faculty toward their students. There are teachers who moved up with their classes from last year in order to provide those young students with an important continuity to their education experience. Many times these days, the school environment is one of the only stabilizing factors in a childs life. It is refreshing to see these educators go above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of children who are the future of this country. I expect to see more great things from Tulakes and better test scores as well.

greatly improved from last yr also added additional educational programs for advanced learning and improved the staff. School uniforms have also provided a safer enviroment

Last modified Tulakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.