Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted February 26, 2016
Tulakes is a very organized and well-run elementary school. We have been here for 2.5 years after moving to Oklahoma city from the Dallas area. It is a very diverse student body, ethnically, culturally, and economically. Academic rigor and discipline is the focus for every child. The Principal is amazing, one of the most professional, passionate, and effective leaders I have been around. The teachers and administrators go above and beyond for each child to be successful and reach their academic potential.

Posted March 31, 2011
When we first moved to the area, I was a little reluctant to place my son in Tulkes. However, after talking to a freind of mine who taught at Tulakes, my worries were cast aside. My child did very well at this school. Yes, there is a very diverse student popultion, but I think it is important to learn about cultures. The staff is very dedicated and caring. The principal works hard to ensure equity and a first class education for all students. There is often standing room only when there are school functions.

Tulakes Elementary School

Posted May 18, 2009
We are sad to be leaving this school where my granddaughter has attended two years. She loved it. Uniforms should be required in all schools. Mr Roland makes an effort to know all his kids by name and the teachers are extremely dedicated. She had Miss Shofner and Miss DuValle. Hope we are this lucky in our new home.

Tulakes Elementary School 5

Posted January 26, 2009
My sons were in Tulake it was the best school they have been in. We are a military family so we move alot. I would love to be back in the school the teachers are commited to the kids!!! Mr. Roland is the best and Ms. Shofner is a Godsend. My boys miss Tulakes three years after leaving and still ask about thier old teachers if that tell you anything!!!!!

Posted September 27, 2008
My daughter attends Tulakes and did last year as well. The uniforms are a great way to level the playing field for the students. The teachers are dedicated, often there on the weekends and at the sports games throughout the year. My only wish is that there was more opportunity for students who are not in sports.

Posted September 03, 2008
I have been a visitor to this school several times now and have personally observed but a small part of the dedication of the faculty toward their students. There are teachers who moved up with their classes from last year in order to provide those young students with an important continuity to their education experience. Many times these days, the school environment is one of the only stabilizing factors in a childs life. It is refreshing to see these educators go above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of children who are the future of this country. I expect to see more great things from Tulakes and better test scores as well.

Posted September 18, 2006
greatly improved from last yr also added additional educational programs for advanced learning and improved the staff. School uniforms have also provided a safer enviroment

Tulakes Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2006
I have very mixed reviews of Tulakes Elementary... As for MY 4th Grader, KUDOS GO TO MRS JONES!!! She is by far a refreshing breath of fresh air for this school, and we have been so blessed to have her teach our older son! Mr Roland is a wonderful principal, who takes a genuine interest in our kids! THANK YOU MR. ROLAND!!! If you have an older child coming to this school (such as a 4th or 5th grader, Tulakes is wonderful!) Any other grade, BE CAREFUL!

Tulakes Elementary School 5

Posted February 19, 2006
Tulakes Elementary is improving and succeeding. With the new principal, Mr. Lee Roland, and supportive staff members, this school is overcoming the challenges that face schools today. The staff is not only teaching proper curriculum, but also reaching into each child's life. Just look at the basketball team that certain teachers set up on their own time. Almost every afternoon and weekend, these teachers are involved in the students' activities. This school has the passion. Test scores are numbers, the development of character is what should speak volumes.

Tulakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2005
This has to be the worst school in the Putnam City School District.My son has been in this school for 4 years and everything he has learned has been through the hard efforts of my husband and myself. He has been held back once which is what alerted us to the problems this school has. I attempted to right this problem and was blown off by the staff of the school. Granted, there is a new principal however I have not seen any improvements. They waited till the last possible moment to let us know who the teachers will be this year and found no problem in doing so. They did not acknowledge the inconvenience this causes to the parents who actualy care about their child's education. The test scores speaks volumes. If you want your child to excel, stear clear of Tulakes.

Tulakes Elementary School
6600 Galaxie Drive, Oklahoma City, OK  73132
Last modified Tulakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.