Posted March 31, 2011
When we first moved to the area, I was a little reluctant to place my son in Tulkes. However, after talking to a freind of mine who taught at Tulakes, my worries were cast aside. My child did very well at this school. Yes, there is a very diverse student popultion, but I think it is important to learn about cultures. The staff is very dedicated and caring. The principal works hard to ensure equity and a first class education for all students. There is often standing room only when there are school functions.

Tulakes Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
We are sad to be leaving this school where my granddaughter has attended two years. She loved it. Uniforms should be required in all schools. Mr Roland makes an effort to know all his kids by name and the teachers are extremely dedicated. She had Miss Shofner and Miss DuValle. Hope we are this lucky in our new home.

Posted January 26, 2009
My sons were in Tulake it was the best school they have been in. We are a military family so we move alot. I would love to be back in the school the teachers are commited to the kids!!! Mr. Roland is the best and Ms. Shofner is a Godsend. My boys miss Tulakes three years after leaving and still ask about thier old teachers if that tell you anything!!!!!

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted September 27, 2008
My daughter attends Tulakes and did last year as well. The uniforms are a great way to level the playing field for the students. The teachers are dedicated, often there on the weekends and at the sports games throughout the year. My only wish is that there was more opportunity for students who are not in sports.

Posted September 03, 2008
I have been a visitor to this school several times now and have personally observed but a small part of the dedication of the faculty toward their students. There are teachers who moved up with their classes from last year in order to provide those young students with an important continuity to their education experience. Many times these days, the school environment is one of the only stabilizing factors in a childs life. It is refreshing to see these educators go above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of children who are the future of this country. I expect to see more great things from Tulakes and better test scores as well.

Tulakes Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted September 18, 2006
greatly improved from last yr also added additional educational programs for advanced learning and improved the staff. School uniforms have also provided a safer enviroment

Tulakes Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2006
I have very mixed reviews of Tulakes Elementary... As for MY 4th Grader, KUDOS GO TO MRS JONES!!! She is by far a refreshing breath of fresh air for this school, and we have been so blessed to have her teach our older son! Mr Roland is a wonderful principal, who takes a genuine interest in our kids! THANK YOU MR. ROLAND!!! If you have an older child coming to this school (such as a 4th or 5th grader, Tulakes is wonderful!) Any other grade, BE CAREFUL!

Posted February 19, 2006
- a staff
Tulakes Elementary is improving and succeeding. With the new principal, Mr. Lee Roland, and supportive staff members, this school is overcoming the challenges that face schools today. The staff is not only teaching proper curriculum, but also reaching into each child's life. Just look at the basketball team that certain teachers set up on their own time. Almost every afternoon and weekend, these teachers are involved in the students' activities. This school has the passion. Test scores are numbers, the development of character is what should speak volumes.

Tulakes Elementary School
6600 Galaxie Drive, Oklahoma City, OK  73132
Last modified Tulakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tulakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top