Bad
Good

My children have just started at Wiley Post this past week, and in that short amount of time, I have formed my opinion, and it differs greatly from the "rating" on this website, which is 4/10. If I had it my way, it would be at least a 8, probably a 9, out of 10. I spent all summer anxious to send my children to this school because of the low score.. and on their first day.. in fact, on "meet the teacher" night, my fears were put to rest. The principal that I met was courteous, professional, and helpful, and my children's teachers are simply wonderful. In the short week my kids have been in Wiley Post's Pre-K program, their vocabulary has improved, their listening skills are getting better, and they are excited and happy to go to school every day. If we end up moving within the PC North school district, but out of the boundaries of Wiley Post, I will fight tooth and nail to keep my children at this school. Don't make the mistake that I did and put your stomach in knots over a silly score. WPES is a wonderful school.

We just enrolled our 3 boys into this school yesterday, for the 2013-2014 school year. We were actually very hesitant to do so because of the remarks we had read of this site, but we are very happy with our choice. As soon as I walked in the staff was very welcoming, and the lower grade principal gave us a tour of the school without us asking. We loved the whole format of the school and how things were separate but together. We came during lunch and from what I saw the teachers have a good handle of the kids, especially with the school being so big with so many kids. We got to visit a classroom of each grade our boys will be in (preK, 1st & 3rd), and meet teachers. They were really nice and informative of what they do in their class rooms. It was also teacher appreciation week so we got to meet some PTA members and I think I will join it next year, they look like they actually have fun. Overall the experience was great enough that we switch our youngest from Ralph Downs to Wiley Post because we think that they will be able to offer our boys the environment they need to grow educationally and socially. We are looking forward to the fall and things to come at this school!

This will be my older child's 5th year at Wiley Post, and the 3rd year for my middle child. We have had three unbelievably AWESOME teachers, and 2 abysmal failures. Was very sad to hear about the test scores for last year, but not at all surprised based on my own 3rd graders experiences. We had an AWFUL teacher, who ignored all of the procedures and rules of the school, and then didn't seem to have a clue why he was having problems in his classroom. I feel the entire year was a waste of my child's time. However, that teacher is no longer there, and we are having higher hopes for this year. Mrs. Lalli was an amazing K teacher, but no longer there. Mrs. Fones should win an award every year! aAnd we are so sad to see Mrs. Choudhry leaving, as she is an amazing educator. Wiley Post has a lot of potential, hope it is able to achieve more this year! wish more parents were involved.

My children have been at Wiley Post for a few years. My experience has been that a lot of teachers keep parents informed and kids educated, but some do not. There are some teachers who challenge learning and inform parents of their child's progress. They have ABSOLUTELY no support. Recently, one of my children was punched a hit several times, and I was not ever informed. Nothing was done to rectify the situation. When I read my child's file at school they had documented several occasions where he got beat up, and yet I was never informed by the school. The principal had no answers for any of this. Discipline policies are not enforced. I visited one of my children's classrooms. There were a few troubled children, and the teacher was defeated. the classroom was disruptive. The principal did nothing to try and help the situation. There were so many troubled children in that class that the teacher could not complete her lessons. It's no wonder that this school has not passed state testing for 2 years in a row! The rating is higher because of the teachers that do a great job. However, if your child is not in that classroom, good luck.

How can we really be honest and say "what a great school" The test schools for the benchmarks are abysmal. The majority of the students did not even reach 50% of the national standard. That is pathetic, I sat in all the parent meetings they have had this year and everyone clapped and just kept acting like the kids are doing a great job. WAKE UP! those test scores reflect that some ppl need to get fired. The kids cuss like sailors and fight all the time. The grading system is a joke, how in the world are you supposed to know what your kid is making by using (1,2,3) instead of A,B,C .....its no wonder people seem completely clueless there.I just think it is poorly ran and it rolls downhill from there.

I have loved Wiley Post for 14 years now and mourn leaving. I have raised 4 boys. My youngest is graduating from Wiley post this year. It saddens me to have to say good by to such an awesome school. My oldest graduated this year form North with awesome involvement and achievement, my 2nd oldest will no doubt be Valedictorian in 2 years. My 3rd son will also achieve greatness I'm sure, and my 4th son had a wonderful experience at Wiley Post. The teacher are dedicated, the Principals are compassionate and really care about their flock, and the administration team is second to none.

Wonderful Learning Environment with Invested Teachers, Staff and Leadership! We have been a part of Wiley Post since the 2007-8 school year and have greatly enjoyed the school and its leadership. Classrooms which were once open (without walls) have now been enclosed providing a more cognitive learning environment. Additionally, each year the school's leadership has improved on a cutting edge discipline program aimed to positively encourage and redirect children which might otherwise have discipline issues. I especially appreciate the availabilty and response of the teachers and leadership in regards to communicating about my children and other school business. My opinion is that you can't complain or correct a situation if you don't get invovled and appropriately communicate; be active with the school and PTA!

Great teachers and school leadership. Cutting edge discipline program to prevent rather than just punish. Wonderful PEAK program.

I've had chldren at Wiley Post for the last 7 years. Caring teachers, awesome principal leadership, participates in district-wide basketball program, leadership opportunities for kids, very active PTA supports all programs. Discipline is tight. Other schools and discticts come to Wiley Post to learn how they do all their great programs. I encourage any parent considering this school to visit it - you'll be impressed.

Wiley Post is on the move! We're moving beyond the negativity from the past, and we're making great changes for students, parents, and teachers! This is my third year at W.P. and by far the best! The school has implemented a new process called, Positive Behavior Support (PBS), and it has changed the school! Come and see the changes taking place! You'll love it too!

Last modified Wiley Post Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.