Posted August 22, 2014
You get out what you put in. Our family is new to PCN this year. We chose to apply for intra-district transfer into PCN. My philosophy has always been "be the change you want to see". I'm not a "helicopter parent", however, I am involved in PTSA and I'm there to advocate for all PCN students. PCN offers a ton of opportunities for students (and parents for that matter). College prep (you can get up to 2 years of college work completed,* tuition free * through concurrent enrollment), work force ready curriculum, and leadership skills are a priority. Every club, student council, and even PTSA has opportunities for leadership development. Also, communication and access to teachers and administrators (for students and for parents) is exceptional. EVERYONE makes an effort to be available for tutoring and advocacy. When you ask, you get the help and guidance you need to be successful. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Putnam City North High School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
This school is the worst one my kids have ever been in. My daughter lost her virginity in the school bathroom and when i took it to her principle he informed me that it was not the first time it has happened at his school. Needless to say my daughter will not return to this school.

Putnam City North High School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
This school is just terrible. The teachers don't care about the students education and will pass you just so they can have a good passing rate and say "none of my students have failed!" They don't care. The counselors aren't useful, they don't help the students at all and there is a serious gang issue at the school. They really were doing well but they've just lost my respect. I've been forced to withdraw my student from the Putnam City North and move her to a different school and it's a shame.

Posted August 17, 2012
Students at Putnam City North have the opportunity to get an excellent education - selecting from 18 AP and numerous PreAP courses taught by excellent teachers with special College Board training to provide the student the opportunity to earn college credit within the safety net of the high school. Students have graduated from PCN with as many as two full years (60 college credits) from the AP program! Francis Tuttle offers its Biomedical and Engineering (also AP credit) programs as well as numerous other certificated programs. The State pays the tuition for students wishing to take Concurrent Enrollment during their junior and senior year. It needs to be said that the choice still lies with the parent and child. If they do not choose to take the most rigorous coursework offered, their learning will not measure up to that of the student's who did. Social and community involvement opportunities also abound at PC North. PNC is a treasure trove, and what the individual gets out of it depends on what they want! For those willing to challenge themselves and join in, PC North is nothing short of excellent! I am just grateful we live in this school's boundaries!

Putnam City North High School 2

Posted December 21, 2010
The budget cuts have really made a difference, the once, high standards of learning are now, anything goes. Each year they cut back on something. This year, it's the education. This school HAD the potinetal to be and do something great for generations.

Posted December 07, 2009
I am a senior at putnam city north high school and i really enjoy this schools activities and spirit! Even if it feels like it is immposible to accomplish it, the teachers help in all way possible to make u succed! i am glad to say in the future that i graduated from Putnam City North High School!

Putnam City North High School 2

Posted February 06, 2009

Putnam City North High School 4

Posted January 28, 2009
I am a junior at north, and ive never so much school spirit, pride, and dedication. I really enjoy the challenges in the classrooms, and will miss north after i graduate. This school is a great place to get a higher level of education and, and fully prep yourself for college. There is no reason or exscuse to fail at north and blaim it on the school or teachers, because everyone has a full oppurtunity. I am a proud panther of north and cant wait to have kids in my later future to send them to north!

Putnam City North High School 0

Posted January 25, 2009
I am a senior at this school. It's overall a pretty decent school. Most math teachers are pretty good. I had little luck in finding a challenging English teacher. I lucked out senior year but that's a bit too late. I am doing full time concurrent enrollment sense most electives are blow off classes and I have all my requirements to graduate, and I am struggling. They seem to focus more time into athletics than to the whole educational part...but that's just what I perceive. The discipline here isn't all that great though.

Posted September 14, 2008

Putnam City North High School
11800 North Rockwell Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73162
Last modified Putnam City North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Putnam City North High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top