Dennis Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2013
My child has attended Dennis from k-3rd K teacher was Great! Young, although very Educated Knowledgeable, in all areas needed in the classroom. Also very respectful, always kept me informed on how my child was doing grades, behavior etc. 2nd grade teacher was Amazing as well. Also young but Experienced, well Educated in her field as well, my child learned a great deal from both, We were pleased. 3rd grade New year new office staff was much better this year, Principal not so much! My child had some difficulties this year with getting hit on more this year, I am usually notified, and play a very active role so I went up to discuss what happen and the level of consequences, I find that nothing more than just a missed recess or 45min after school has taken place. My child has been Punched in the face, kicked in the stomach and choked recently, very lil has been done to rectify the situation to make me feel safe or confident sending my child to school. It is approaching the end of the school year and I hope the Principal, staff and teacher are on a path to furthering the children's Education, no worries in that area, Professionalism, Respect, Fairness and Citizenship needs work!

Posted February 24, 2012
Unfotunately it is not quality that has gone down in schools as it is quality of parenting. Children just aren't parented the way they used to be. Either too busy, always on the run, or no parenting at all at times. I am a teacher and a parent and know that children are not raised the way they once were.

Dennis Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2012
I had to take my child out of this school because there was too much disruption in the classes for him to learn. All my other children went here and it used to be great. Quality has gone down tremendously.

Posted February 08, 2012
I LOVE this school! I have had 4 of my 5 children in this school for the past 12 consecutive years. The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. There is a lot of parent/teacher involvement. I transfer my children into this school because I feel it is by far the best Putnam City elementary school.

Posted March 01, 2011
This has been by far one of the most awesome school I had my son attend. (we have traveled around the world. We attended there 3 yrs ago, but I just found this site and thought so much of this school couldn't pass up opportunity to praise them. They help me identify my son's impairment. They even help me try to keep him off the medications. I really love you guys for all of that. Thank you so much.

Dennis Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2010
I went to visit and check things out. When I went to enroll my kids they said I would have to enroll one at Dennis and then transfer the other one. I filled all the paperwork out and when I went to check everything out the lady in the office was rude and had the biggest attitude with me. I walked out and never want to go back. HORRIBLE

Dennis Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted December 04, 2008

Posted December 16, 2006
We have two granddaughters in the 5th grade. They love James Dennis and all the teachers they have had through the years. We just enjoyed having Christmas lunch with them at school. The educational background received at James Dennis has definitely given them a strong basis for Middle School next year. The girls are very good students excelling in their grades. Thank you to all the teachers and staff for the great job in educating our granddaughters. From two very proud grandparents.

Posted June 14, 2006
This is a wonderful school! This school has more parental involvement of any school I've ever seen. It's wonderful how the teachers and principal work with the parents to better the learning experience for our children. They do a fantastic job! The extracurricular activities this school offers is also a plus. I can not say enough positive things about this school! The quality of teaching is superb!

Dennis Elementary School
11800 James L Dennis Drive, Oklahoma City, OK  73162
Last modified Dennis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dennis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top