Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I came here to see if anyone else felt the same way as I. Any and every time I have to deal with the office I dread it. The woman is down right hateful and not helpful at all. I'm not sure why she works there when she seems so miserable. My child is in pre-k, she has been sick & kept us up all night, we were late to class so I had to go through the office. She did NOT walk my 4 year old to her class! I understand that I'm not allowed to and that's fine, but she's 4 years old! I was told she is the one to walk her, not I. I had to get ahold of the teacher to make sure she made it!! I called my husband to vent. He said when he picked our daughter up early to take her to the doctor that she was also hateful. He is NOT one to complain or think into things. I was shocked he said this. My child's teacher is AMAZING, I love her so much. But this woman up at the front makes me want to look for another school. This is a school, meaning, lots of children. They shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable going into the office. They shouldn't have to find their own way to class alone, especially when they are little. Also, what if someone walked out with my daughter because she wasn't supervised?! This made me extremely uncomfortable & nervous for her safety. I have zero trust in this woman, which is a horrible feeling to have when you're leaving your baby with them. Gave 3 stars because the teacher is a 5 and front woman is 0.

Both my children attended Dennis And I have nothing but amazing words to say about this school.The front office ladies are so nice and respectful. After reading other comments I have to disagree with a lot of them. My son has been bullied but the teachers and staff have been more than helpful to make the problem stop. I have always been in great contact with their teachers and they get back to me or let me know something is going on. The principal does know what is going on in her school. She knows the kids names, she goes into the classrooms and participates. I haven't seen a principal do that since I was in elementary school. I am very fortunate that my children have attended Dennis. My advice to other parents. GET INVOLVED! sign up for the PTA, be a classroom parent. A childs first teacher is YOU!

My son went there last year. He learned so much from is teacher. He liked getting up for school. I never had a problem with the school except my son's big winter coat was stolen. But the teachers were great the front desk ladies were amazing to me, always so helpful. And just as sweet as can be. I fear for where he is at this year. Dennis just didn't have room for him this year. But Dennis is a wonderful school and should be appreciated for its value. Thank you

I really like Dennis Elementary. Although after reading a few comments, I have to agree with them. My child was being bullied at school and came home upset. I called to ask what happened. I understand you can't call home for every little thing. Parents should have been informed in this case. The teacher and principal knew of the matter and failed to follow up. There needs to be more parent/teacher communication.

My child was punched in the stomach several of times and I was never notified of any of the situations. Front office (Lindsey) is very rude and not helpful what so ever. Horrible principle that knows nothing when it comes to her school. Teachers do not communicate with you at all to try and help your child be better if it's needed. My child came crying to me saying she never wanted to go back because of the educators there were so mean to her that I enrolled her in another school that day and promised she would never have to go back again.

My child has attended Dennis from k-3rd K teacher was Great! Young, although very Educated Knowledgeable, in all areas needed in the classroom. Also very respectful, always kept me informed on how my child was doing grades, behavior etc. 2nd grade teacher was Amazing as well. Also young but Experienced, well Educated in her field as well, my child learned a great deal from both, We were pleased. 3rd grade New year new office staff was much better this year, Principal not so much! My child had some difficulties this year with getting hit on more this year, I am usually notified, and play a very active role so I went up to discuss what happen and the level of consequences, I find that nothing more than just a missed recess or 45min after school has taken place. My child has been Punched in the face, kicked in the stomach and choked recently, very lil has been done to rectify the situation to make me feel safe or confident sending my child to school. It is approaching the end of the school year and I hope the Principal, staff and teacher are on a path to furthering the children's Education, no worries in that area, Professionalism, Respect, Fairness and Citizenship needs work!

Unfotunately it is not quality that has gone down in schools as it is quality of parenting. Children just aren't parented the way they used to be. Either too busy, always on the run, or no parenting at all at times. I am a teacher and a parent and know that children are not raised the way they once were.

I had to take my child out of this school because there was too much disruption in the classes for him to learn. All my other children went here and it used to be great. Quality has gone down tremendously.

I LOVE this school! I have had 4 of my 5 children in this school for the past 12 consecutive years. The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. There is a lot of parent/teacher involvement. I transfer my children into this school because I feel it is by far the best Putnam City elementary school.

This has been by far one of the most awesome school I had my son attend. (we have traveled around the world. We attended there 3 yrs ago, but I just found this site and thought so much of this school couldn't pass up opportunity to praise them. They help me identify my son's impairment. They even help me try to keep him off the medications. I really love you guys for all of that. Thank you so much.

Last modified Dennis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.