Posted April 30, 2010
I am the grandmother of three students attending Ralph Downs and have had the pleasure of meeting the Principal, teachers and staff. These are very dedicated persons and they have done wonders with my grandchildren, who have been developing their skills and are very happy to be in that school. This is a 5-Star school!

Posted September 21, 2009
I had high expectations for this school after all the good things I heard about it. I was very disappointed. My child learned nothing in second grade and feel like it was a waste. It was also difficult to get parent volunteers and when you would volunteer for things it wasnt appreciated. Sad to say my child and I did not have a very good experience there. All they care about is stats.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and the students at our school really care about each other. Plus, the students are taught to succeed - no matter what it is they thrive in!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
The parents, students and faculty make this school an exciting and special place. There are so many talented teachers and caring and compassionate parents. The students have a desire to learn and are a joy to be around.

Ralph Downs Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2009
it is an average education! I just place my 1st grader there after two yrs. in a Christian school and WOW! the diff. is very sad. The class sizes are too big! They don't have enough manpower to provide a solid start to a childs education. We will be going back to private school. They are all nice but its not good enough, sad to say!

Posted November 17, 2008
I am a teacher at Downs and I am absolutely in love. I have no children yet but plan for my future kids to attend this school. We have the best staff and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We also have wonderful kids who amaze me with their talents and ambitions. And most of all, we have wonderful parents who make the difference!

Posted September 19, 2006
I am very happy to be part of Ralph Downs. My daughters are recieving the best education I ever image. The faculty and staff always are so professional that my children always come back home with an smile on their faces sharing the good experiences at school. As a educator I can tell that 'Great Expections' is making a possitive difference is our community. Keep it up. Patricia Pinto

Posted November 08, 2005
This school is awesome. I have 2 children that have attended K-5th, 1 child 3rd -5th and 1 child in the 4th this year. I have only had 1 difficult teaher out of all of those years. The rest of the teachers have been great. The acedemic level is wonderful and my children that have graduated from Ralph Downs continue to do well after leaving. Music, art and physical education are all great. The ladies in the office are wonderul along with Dr. Burling and Mrs. Emig. The parent involvement is definately a plus at any school. I love this school!

Ralph Downs Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2005
Both of my children attended Ralph Downs. Out of a combined total of 12 years & the teachers involved, I can only recall 2 that I was not thoroughly pleased with. My children have been fortunate to have outstanding teachers that have good good lesson plans, excellent relationships with students and teachers alike. The music and art departments have been above my highest expections. My children have grown academically and socially, which is what school is all about. I highly recommend Ralph Downs to anyone trying to make a decision where to place the groundwork of their child's future.

Ralph Downs Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2005
- a former student
I think this school is more about makeing the school a better place. They dont care about the students at all! They spend most of the money makeing the school look better when they dont have enough paper or books for all the students!

Ralph Downs Elementary School
7501 West Hefner Road, Oklahoma City, OK  73162
Last modified Ralph Downs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ralph Downs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top