Winds West Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2012
I attended Winds West from 1986 till moving to middle school. I do not have fond memories of this school as a child. When I was in Sixth grade my teacher had the nerve to ask my parents to hold me back because I was so short, regardless that her supporter in the other 6th grade class was no taller than I was then. After that my Niece attended this same school they treated her no better.

Winds West Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2012
Worst school district I have been a part of. The principal is horrible and does not engage with the students. She "does not have time" to deal with them. The superintendent is mean and rude to parents. In addition, the education level at this school is horrible. Do your child a favor and pick another school district.

Posted April 27, 2006
We just moved into the area and I am very impressed with the school. I attended Winds West, myself, from the time it was newly open when I was in third grade until I went to middle school. Winds West was a great school then and it still is now. I am very impressed with the office personnel and teachers. The neat thing is that they still hold true to many of the traditions that were started when I was attending such as.. Square Dances, Land Runs, Track Meets, etc. They even have support groups for children with both depression and anger, something that I've never heard of at previous schools my children attended. Now that I have my children in Western Heights school district we will not ever change districts. Western Heights is one of the best districts in the city, they always have been and I'm sure always will.

Winds West Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2006
I currently have 2 children in Winds West, and I tell you that I have been very happy with their progress. With all of the extra burden put on the teachers, they have responded very well. There are so many other responsibilities that the teacher are being held accountable for in addition to teaching. They have to be a parent in many situtations. With the NCLB, the teachers are required to spend endless time behind their computers and testing that it takes away from the classroom teaching. If the requirements on the computers are not met, the teacher faces disciplinary action. I am not saying that it shouldn't happen, but be realistic.

Posted August 10, 2005
I am very proud to have my child at this school. I have been very happy with the teachers and staff for 4 years. The only thing I see lacking is parent involvement. The teachers are not there to raise our children for us. Studies show that parent involvement greatly increases student success. I personally have never come to an issue with the school that I cannot get through by working with the teachers and principal. I understand there will be complaints with any school but sometimes we have to step back and ask what we can do to help as parents. Thank You to all the teachers and parents that work together to help our children succeed.

Winds West Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2005
I have been so disappointed this year with the school. I feel my child is not being taught or learning anything new. We are moving out of the district to give my child a better education.

Winds West Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2005

Winds West Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2004
I believe this school is run poorly. The children need better supervision. I beleive the teachers could get more involved with the children. I believe that this school needs a different principal. From the amount of time I have spent with my sons teacher I feel he needs to be in another class because I feel his teacher is lazy. This is my own personal opinion and will gladly speak with anyone on this subject.

Posted September 16, 2004
I really enjoy the school year that my children have spent here. This school has the support of the teachers to make things extra special. The PTA as small as it is really puts out a desire to give the kids something to smile about. It is nothing like when I was in school. I admire the faculty at this school, it is a great group of ladies to hand your children and their education over to. Winds West rockets soar!

Winds West Elementary School
8300 Southwest 37th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73179
Last modified Winds West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winds West Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top