Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted March 18, 2016
A grandparent came and we began to speak about our kids and she agreed and I did too on some things that we seen and experienced. I already Thanked Her she knows who she is!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 18, 2016
They are Teachers Of America (TOA). Very little education. They cant speak up to the parents due to losing there job.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted March 18, 2016
They said they give homework their own councilor said this. But we dont expect it to come back. Why give it if you dont even count it as part of the students grade. If I had expected this school to educate my children I would be asking too much. I almost pulled them out to homeschool due to them not being equipped to do so. BEWARE OF TEACHERS OF AMERICA! They are teachers that went thru a 6week training course to come into a district that is low income and offer very little help. They cant learn how to teach in 6weeks. It is a teachers boot camp . With teachers and a principal gone and the Superintendent not wanting to know what is going on what do you expect to get. I was able to pull my kids out of here Thank you JESUS before it was damaging to them completely. We only attent this school for 6months. I drive across town to take my children to a better school. I almost wasnt able to get into. I had a parent contact me to help them,because of the same issues I was having. Our children was in two different classes. I know she was telling me the truth ,because I know what I was facing.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted March 18, 2016
Only if you are a student of the school faculty! Some of the teachers are scared of being fired if they speak out what is going on. Bullying one on one teachers and staff bully one another so does the children. Kids pick up on things when they are going on.If you are a parent that will listen they will tell you. Parents beware of when your children tell you things. They are not just talking. I had a parent tell me I dont know how this school is still open. The district as a whole needs help. I had my children retested after they left this school. And because of the homework I was doing with them daily they have been able to stay on track.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 18, 2016
Teacher's are there for paycheck only. The kids learn from teachers how to be disrespectful to others. The teachers single out certain children they are only securing funding to keeo the school open. No compassion no respect the grades for this school is terrible

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 18, 2016
The school needs a overall makeover of staff. The principal on the website is not the one that is there right now,so please dont look to her for being the issue. They dont have any issues if you ask them . Everything is good ,but I witness incidents that said other wise. Dealing with these incidents they will not deal with them. Because they dont want the parents to come together nor find out things are going on in the school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 18, 2016
They can not give you direct answers to your questions. They will avoid the question and when asked for back up of information in writing it is not given. They will rush you into signing paperwork ,but when asked what it is about you are passed off to another person who can bearly answer your questions as well. Dont have me sign a paper if you cant even tell me how you conducted the results.

Winds West Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2016
My children was doing great until we moved into the school district. The staff are unprofessional and teaching is just not there. They are a F rating school for the state of Oklahoma. They are there to only collect a paycheck and the Board needs help as well. If at all possible AVOID this school!!!

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 18, 2015
I attended Winds West after moving to a house literally directly across from the gym in 1986. I believe that the school was the best of the district during that time frame, and I have no harsh feelings toward the education I received during that time. Yes, I remember many classmates who epitomized the lower ratings seen for this school, but during my time there, I can't speak of many complaints. I wish the best for Winds West, and hold a nostalgic place in my heart for the time I spent there.

Winds West Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2012
I attended Winds West from 1986 till moving to middle school. I do not have fond memories of this school as a child. When I was in Sixth grade my teacher had the nerve to ask my parents to hold me back because I was so short, regardless that her supporter in the other 6th grade class was no taller than I was then. After that my Niece attended this same school they treated her no better.

8300 Southwest 37th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73179
Last modified Winds West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.