Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers here are a cohesive team. We work together to help our students succeed. This is why we are here. --Mrs.. Gibson

Amount of homework: Agree

We use homework to allow parents to see what skills we are working on. Homework teaches students responsibility. However, we cannot use homework as a graded part of our day because our report cards are skills based and grades are usually based on performance standards. -- Mrs. Gibson

I have been a teacher at Winds West for 12 years. This is an awesome school. The teachers here are caring and concerned and have an open door policy for all parents. We love our students and work every day to make their time at school productive and fun. We have a caring staff that work together closely with our administration to create the best environment for all students. --- -Mrs. Gibson

Develops character: Agree

It is definitely a focus of our school to teach character education. This must be done with the parents as a team.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are Teachers Of America (TOA). Very little education. They cant speak up to the parents due to losing there job.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They said they give homework their own councilor said this. But we dont expect it to come back. Why give it if you dont even count it as part of the students grade. If I had expected this school to educate my children I would be asking too much. I almost pulled them out to homeschool due to them not being equipped to do so. BEWARE OF TEACHERS OF AMERICA! They are teachers that went thru a 6week training course to come into a district that is low income and offer very little help. They cant learn how to teach in 6weeks. It is a teachers boot camp . With teachers and a principal gone and the Superintendent not wanting to know what is going on what do you expect to get. I was able to pull my kids out of here Thank you JESUS before it was damaging to them completely. We only attent this school for 6months. I drive across town to take my children to a better school. I almost wasnt able to get into. I had a parent contact me to help them,because of the same issues I was having. Our children was in two different classes. I know she was telling me the truth ,because I know what I was facing.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They can not give you direct answers to your questions. They will avoid the question and when asked for back up of information in writing it is not given. They will rush you into signing paperwork ,but when asked what it is about you are passed off to another person who can bearly answer your questions as well. Dont have me sign a paper if you cant even tell me how you conducted the results.

My children was doing great until we moved into the school district. The staff are unprofessional and teaching is just not there. They are a F rating school for the state of Oklahoma. They are there to only collect a paycheck and the Board needs help as well. If at all possible AVOID this school!!!

Develops character: Neutral

I attended Winds West after moving to a house literally directly across from the gym in 1986. I believe that the school was the best of the district during that time frame, and I have no harsh feelings toward the education I received during that time. Yes, I remember many classmates who epitomized the lower ratings seen for this school, but during my time there, I can't speak of many complaints. I wish the best for Winds West, and hold a nostalgic place in my heart for the time I spent there.

I attended Winds West from 1986 till moving to middle school. I do not have fond memories of this school as a child. When I was in Sixth grade my teacher had the nerve to ask my parents to hold me back because I was so short, regardless that her supporter in the other 6th grade class was no taller than I was then. After that my Niece attended this same school they treated her no better.

Last modified Winds West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4