Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 11, 2015
They seemed focused on the students passing the 9 week benchmark tests. The students learn only to repeat information rather than develop their own opinions or have a true understanding of the material.

Western Heights High School 2

Posted August 11, 2015
For a school so focused on testing their a-f report cards consistently show they need to change their teaching methods. In high school 70% of the student's grade comes from testing. 40% benchmarks which teacher don't even see until a few days before the test, 30% on teacher written tests, and the final 30% is on daily work. Constantly testing these children isn't preparing them anymore for their EOIs. If your child has any test anxiety I suggest not enrolling them in this school.

Western Heights High School 1

Posted May 21, 2015
After the story I just saw about the young man severely beaten in a classroom with a teacher present, then a nurse doesn't call an ambulance or police. I wouldn't let this staff care for my dog, let alone my children!!!

Western Heights High School 5

Posted October 21, 2011
I LOVE LOVE LOVE WHHS!!! They are great! The teacher TRULY care. I have had 2 kids go through all 4 year here. One of my kids has Autism, and they were a God's send with him! The Parent Portal is a secure online database of your child's grades, tardies, absents, etc. This always me to look up my kids ANY time.

Posted April 07, 2010
I went to this school from 1st to my senior year. As the times changed all the way to my 2008 year I have to say the teaching got worse. I felt like I was behind but as far as up to date buildings.. I think they are ahead of the game.

Western Heights High School 1

Posted March 02, 2010
I use to go to this school. I hated it. I remember when i went to this school if you were one of the A-list students that means you got away with anything. The football team never won a game. The teachers didn't care if you passed or not. There were always fights going on. I remember that a boy caught a girl's locker on fire and they didn't much of anything prevent it either. I remember when the vice principal son and a friend got caught stealing from the school and all they got was a slap on the wrist and this was a couple of months before graduation. The only thing I like about this schoolwas the choir prog.

Posted March 01, 2010
My husband and I both graduated from Western Heights as did our siblings and now our son is in the district and we just love it!

Western Heights High School 4

Posted January 28, 2007
We moved here about 4 years ago and the schools been great. I hear people complain about it but they haven't been to the other schools in Okc its much better than the others. The only complaint I have is the athletics dept. they need to get their priorities strait. They pour thousands of dollars into a football team thats going nowhere and totally ignore a top ten wrestling team. Coach Knight does an awesome job with the team and they deserve more money.

Western Heights High School 4

Posted August 08, 2006
Western Heights definately has its strengths and weaknesses. As a senior and student here, I am constantly hearing the word 'rebuilding.' Our music department began rebuilding my freshman year with 60 people. Four years later, we are at around 35. Our science department has also been rebuilding its AP classes. To my knowledge we have not offered an AP Chemistry class in three years. This year we also seem to be 'rebuilding' in computer classes and buisiness as well. They are only offering the most basic computer classes. While Western Heights has great resources among its teachers, facilities, and tools, it still considers itself 'rebuilding.' We have great teachers at Western Heights. The entire faculty is amazing.

Western Heights High School 3

Posted February 09, 2006
I don't really have a problem with the school but the rules and regulations they have there are a bit on the ridiculis side...my child can be suspended for being tardy four times in nine weeks, and can be short or long term suspended if he/she is caught with their cell phone (even if it's turned off) more than twice in a school year... congrats to the board for making up new rules this year to try to get kids to attend, but they're going about it the wrong way by booting kids out b/c they don't come to class on time.....i just don't see the logic in that.

8201 Southwest 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73179
Last modified Western Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Heights High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top