Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I think there are amazing teachers at this school who have to deal with great kids and not so great kids and do a great job at it. Also think the concurrent classes are amazing. Two of my children went to this school. We moved from Mustang where they grew up. They loved WHHS and never wanted to go back to Mustang. One child ended up graduating with honors and playing college basketball on scholarship. The other one is graduating with honors, 9 college credit hours, a CNA license from Francis Tuttle. He will also be able to attend OCCC for free. This school is great it just depends on what work the child and parent are willing to put into it. If your child is lazy and doesnt do the work or even go to class then no its not a great school for them. But those kids working hard and trying to learn and better themselves love this school. This school offers great opportunities for those who try hard and want to learn. They have a great library for young adults to go to for help on an assignment, use computers, or get a good book to read. Or for the concurrent students to hang till their college class starts at 10. If you got a good kid who wants to go to class and learn then go to Western Heights.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They seemed focused on the students passing the 9 week benchmark tests. The students learn only to repeat information rather than develop their own opinions or have a true understanding of the material.

For a school so focused on testing their a-f report cards consistently show they need to change their teaching methods. In high school 70% of the student's grade comes from testing. 40% benchmarks which teacher don't even see until a few days before the test, 30% on teacher written tests, and the final 30% is on daily work. Constantly testing these children isn't preparing them anymore for their EOIs. If your child has any test anxiety I suggest not enrolling them in this school.

After the story I just saw about the young man severely beaten in a classroom with a teacher present, then a nurse doesn't call an ambulance or police. I wouldn't let this staff care for my dog, let alone my children!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WHHS!!! They are great! The teacher TRULY care. I have had 2 kids go through all 4 year here. One of my kids has Autism, and they were a God's send with him! The Parent Portal is a secure online database of your child's grades, tardies, absents, etc. This always me to look up my kids ANY time.

I went to this school from 1st to my senior year. As the times changed all the way to my 2008 year I have to say the teaching got worse. I felt like I was behind but as far as up to date buildings.. I think they are ahead of the game.

I use to go to this school. I hated it. I remember when i went to this school if you were one of the A-list students that means you got away with anything. The football team never won a game. The teachers didn't care if you passed or not. There were always fights going on. I remember that a boy caught a girl's locker on fire and they didn't much of anything prevent it either. I remember when the vice principal son and a friend got caught stealing from the school and all they got was a slap on the wrist and this was a couple of months before graduation. The only thing I like about this schoolwas the choir prog.

My husband and I both graduated from Western Heights as did our siblings and now our son is in the district and we just love it!

We moved here about 4 years ago and the schools been great. I hear people complain about it but they haven't been to the other schools in Okc its much better than the others. The only complaint I have is the athletics dept. they need to get their priorities strait. They pour thousands of dollars into a football team thats going nowhere and totally ignore a top ten wrestling team. Coach Knight does an awesome job with the team and they deserve more money.

Last modified Western Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.