Oklahoma City, OK

St Eugene Catholic School 1

Posted October 10, 2014
I have been to the school and so have my siblings. Although I am still a child, I can speak from experience that this school was unsatisfactory. It is great for younger children, but once your child passes 5th grade it becomes a negative environment. The teachers do not help your child and by the end of middle school, your child will be far behind in high school. After middle school, I was very far behind in many subjects and only by my own independent studying of information I was not taught by Saint Eugene's, I was able to catch up and sign up for many honors classes. The homework given is not challenging and only consumes large amounts of time. Although some teachers are great, most do not try to help your child and show no interest for their grades. The program for younger children is great! I would recommend it, but for older children, it is not a great school. There are no clubs or optional classes for middle school children with different interests.

Posted November 26, 2012
We love this school! My daughter is in Pre-K and is learning so much! This is such a nurturing environment, the teachers and staff are amazing and you can tell they care about each individual student! My brother also goes here and is now in middle school. His classes have been challenging and seem to be well ahead of his friends in public schools for the most part. There also seems to be much more parental involvement than you see in public schools these days, and for a private school the price is very reasonable! If you're looking for a private school in the Village/NW OKC area, you should definitely consider this school!

St Eugene Catholic School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
St. Eugene's in my opinion is the perfect school! Caring teachers and staff make this school a wonderful place for children to learn.

Posted March 07, 2009

St Eugene Catholic School 1

Posted November 16, 2008

St Eugene Catholic School 3

Posted August 03, 2008
My children attended this school for one year and I made the decision to change schools. My youngest did well in kindergarten and I think they have a very good program with all day kindergarten. If you have a child who is bright - don't expect them to be challenged. The homework was busy work and time consuming. Differentiated teaching for bright kids is not available. We opted to go to public schools for honors courses. Also, if arts are important to you - this is not the school to attend. the emphasis is clearly on athletics. Kids who don't do the athletics are left out. If you have average students - who can learn using the Saxon method - then this is the place for your kids! Also surprised at how issues were dealt with - not what I expected from a faith based school.

St Eugene Catholic School 0

Posted May 10, 2008
I had children in St. Eugene for many years. I thought they were getting a good education. However, when we left, I found they were far behind in math, reading and literature....very basic things that should have been attended to by the administration but obviously were not. I would not recommend this school for those parents who are planning a college education for their children.

Posted January 15, 2008
We moved to NW Oklahoma City because of the great public schools in this area, but once we arrived we found St. Eugene and are proud to send our children there. In addition to the religious education, the curriculum is top-notch and we have witnessed our children excel in all subject areas. It is a great school family environment and we have forged friendships with everyone there including the principal, who is proving to be one of the best educators in the city. The school lacks a little in extra-curricular activities, but those that are available are very successful due to parent and community involvment.

St Eugene Catholic School 4

Posted January 05, 2008
My son is in the pre-k program, and we think It has been great for his learning skills, as well as his emotional needs to be social. He is nurtured in a loving, faith based atmosphere, that we are proud to belong to. :)

St Eugene Catholic School 3

Posted October 11, 2007
This school is not for everyone. While there are many good teachers, The overall atmosphere was too negative for me. Discipline seemed punitive. The principle seems to react to complaints with disbelief and with an attempt to discredit the child. With that said, this school might still be a better choice than a non-charter/non-magnet OKC school.

St Eugene Catholic School
Po Box 20930, Oklahoma City, OK  73156
Last modified St Eugene Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Eugene Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top