Posted July 28, 2014
This school is a great place for my children to learn and grow! It has changed and improved so much since Father Pruett and Mrs. Codding have been a part of our school family!

Posted May 30, 2013
I am truly saddened this school did not meet my expecations and was a big disappointment. My child was injured by another student, who has control issues, and broke the nose on my child. It happened in the morning and I was not called about it. When they brought my child to the car they told me about an incident in the morning, but did not notice her swollen nose until she brought my child to the car. The teacher asked if it was there before, and I said no, the teacher said to me she did not know my child well enough in the face to notice her nose was swollen. The kicker is the child that assaulted my child, his parent was told he had a bad day. Really! He was not suspened or addressed for his bad behaviour. I was angry discussed it with the principal, and she said she would take care of it, but no, their response was to call me each time my child got a bump or bruise, but did not receive a call when it really mattered. Poor Communication as well. Horrible horrible experience. Save your money or go to a school that cares. They did not keep my child safe or communicate properly. Poor poor administration. Very saddened they did not meet the expectations.

Posted February 09, 2013
I am so happy my daughter is attending St. James. She loves the school and her teachers. Every day she talks about all she is learning. It is so nice to have her attending a diverse school that meets her educational needs, reinforces her faith and our family values. The faculty is so caring to both her and myself. It is such a great feeling knowing she is attending a safe and caring school.

St. James Catholic School 4

Posted January 02, 2012
I loved the school when I went there. Mid 70's. I can't understand why people are giving the school bad reviews.Maybe they need to bring back the nun's and whip it back into shape!!!! But it's still my parish,and always will be.

Posted March 22, 2011
St James is a wonderful school! My daughter went there K-8 grades and my granddaughter now goes there. I feel the children get individualized learning as well as in the classroom. Learning about God is very important to me to keep their faith strong. The teachers are of excellent quality and my child and grandchild excelled in academics as well as spiritually. They say the Pledge of Allegiance and they pray everyday which public schools do not allow. The only complaint I have is that the tuition is too high in this economy.

Posted April 22, 2010
This school is a disappointment. Save your money. It is not worth the tuition cost. Their teaching is not as advanced as public schools and the staff is rude and uncaring.

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted April 18, 2010
Very disappointed in St. James School this year. The principal seems uncaring.

Posted March 21, 2010
We have had a terrible experience with St. James School this year. I truly believe that the leadership and very poor teachers are the problem. The new principal is unprofessional and does not keep anything confidential. They definetely have their favorites and they let you know if you are not in that category. They even overlook bullying issues! The parish does not even return phone calls if you have a problem with the principal. I will be taking my children out of St. James after this year. It is very disappointing that this school has failed our family when at the beginning it seemed like the answer to our prayers. I guess that the 'new' certainly wears off after awhile. It is sad that they do not seem to care about some of the students best interest and resolve problems that arise. My children are miserable at this school.

Posted October 03, 2009
Caring teachers and curriculum to mitivate my child to learn

St. James Catholic School
1224 Southwest 41st Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73109
Last modified St. James Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. James Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.