PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am so glad that we ended up switching schools. I can't believe how much of a difference it was going from private school where the school said my child was doing fantastic and where he needed to be (all A and B student) and then going to a public school and being behind in math and reading (by 2 years!!!). Just this school year my child has increased scores in math by two years and is now on six grade level. My child also increased reading by 81% and is currently where he needs to be. Really? All the money spent on a poor education. I feel like I'm owed money back for teachers who don't know how to teach and schools who don't know how to hire. I am not the only parent saying the same thing. I know there were quite a few students in my child's class that left the school last year for the same issues we did. Will never recommend that school to anyone!!

When the new principal came on board, the revolving door of teachers began. Every grade but 2nd has had at least one new teacher since she started. Some grades have had 3 teachers in five years! The principal is uncaring and inflexible, and she also plays favorites. If you're not one of her favorites- look out! As far as the previous poster saying that the individual needs of the child are met... well, let's just say that was NOT our experience. In fact, we were regularly told "that's the way we've always done it" more times than I can count. The middle school teachers have remained fairly constant in comparison to the rest, and did try to be helpful. When we moved to a different school, my son was behind in English and math. Find a different school- this one is not worth the money unless new administration is found.

My daughter has a wonderful experience at BJCS! Her teachers are excellent and go out of their way to ensure the individual needs of the students are met. I also feel that the teachers do an excellent job of keeping me informed on my child's progress. The principal and office staff are always friendly and welcoming. I feel like I am always well informed of school events, and functions. There are also a great deal of opportunities for parental involvement. BJCS is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it.

Bishop John Carroll is School has been a great caring environment for my grandchild. The teachers are enthusiastic and helpful. They help foster a love of learning. The teachers don't just teach what is expected, they extend the objectives which foster higher order thinking skills. Excellent school, teachers, students, parents and administration.

The school's system is very unorganized,the teachers and faculty are so rude to the students and this literally all happened when that new principal showed up.

I am glad someone finally speaks up and shares the same opinion with me about the school. I am disappointed with the quality that my kid is receiving consider this is a private school. Bishop John Carroll used to have good teachers but seem like most of them left since the new principal got on board.

Emphasis of BJCS is academics & character. Huge improvements & getting better: new science lab, library, & teachers. Ranked #1 in latest listing of OKC schools, & 1st PLACE @ 2012 City-wide Science Fair! BJCS is diverse, with a variety of backgrounds, demographic, and socio-cultural factors. Everyone s down-to-earth; no one cares what car the family owns, where someone lives, or what shoes they wear. Background, ethnicity, financial situation are non-issues. Differences are accepted & embraced. Size of school forces kids to interact with everyone. The result is that it feels more like a family; students are close-knit & lack the worldliness of some peers. Being thoughtful is valued; negative behavior isn t cool. Sending our daughter to BJCS in kindergarten was one of the best decisions we ever made. She s academically strong in all subjects & she get along well w/ people from all walks of life. She is a dynamic & confidant leader. Most important, she is caring & thoughtful. Eeternally grateful to their influence!

We've been here for a year and it has been a very welcoming and supportive environment. The academics are the same throughout all Catholic elementary/middle schools in OKC, and established by the Diocese. What's really set this school apart, for us, is the sense of community surrounding the school.

I am very excited about the opportunities my children encounter on a daily basis at BJCS. They are surrounded by a caring faculty and staff who encourage academic achievement. The cultural diversity of the student body enriches the academic experience. As a high school public school teacher there is no place else I would rather my children be.

Great Catholic School and has wonderful teachers. The school that you want your child to go to.

Last modified Bishop John Carroll School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8