No rating

St John's Episcopal School

Private | K-8 | 38 students

Living in Oklahoma City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted August 23, 2011

Our daughter recently start at this school for the 2011-12 school year. She has not been there long and already she feels at home and is always happy to tells us what she has done for the day at school. The class size is very acceptable at about 1/4 of the public schools, meaning she will be getting more attention and supervision. This is merely an intitial review, so i hesitate to give out 5 stars, but it does have the possibility!

Posted February 2, 2011

St. John's has been an answer to prayers for us. Our son is in the second grade here, and he has blossomed while receiving the enrichment and personal attention he needs and deserves. The faculty and staff are well-educated, well-trained, compassionate, caring and professional. Mrs. Emler is an excellent teacher, both in content and classroom management! We are extremely happy with our son's education and the high quality of the school.

Posted July 29, 2009

I am a member of St. John's Episcopal Church and a School Board member. Two of my nieces and one nephew have all graduated from St. John's Episcopal School OKC and have all been at the top of their class going into 9th grade. Your child will receive an excellent and rounded education at this school!

Posted June 29, 2009

It truly was an act of god that we found St. John's. Our daughter started in their Child Development Program and is now in Kindergarden. Our son continues in the CDP. I cannot think of a better place our children could be - my husband and I feel safe knowing they are with people that honestly care about them. We love St. John's Episcopal School and CDP.

Posted July 15, 2008

My son is doing really well at St. Johns. What I have notice most about it, is that the kids are happy and the confidence is very high.

Posted January 29, 2008

Not a bad school, but it's nothing spectacular, either. The changes in personnel have hit the school hard over the recent years. The current faculty is nice.

Posted January 12, 2008

This is an outstanding school. It is about all of the good things that a school should be and the student learning environment is excellent. I rrecomment it highly.

Posted January 11, 2008

My name is Yingying Keefe. My husband, Juan Keefe II, recently reviewed Saint John's School. I, too, think that this is a growing school that is rebuilding itself to its former glory. I want to see it continue to become the great school we all have known it to be. I want Saint John's Episcopal School to remain an excellent school for many years to come.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 5, 2008

My name is Juan Keefe II, and I believe that Saint John's Episcopal Shool in Oklahoma City tries really hard to provide an excellent curriculum. It has a very dedicated staff, and the scholars who go there are really able to learn. The parents take an active role in their involvement, and this is also helpful. It's a pretty great school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 20, 2007

Saint John's School has had a proud history of wonderful things! I know this, as I have seen the scholars thrive! It has wonderful teachers such as Amber Chai. Rosemary Orwig also does a fantastic job. All of the faculty there perform meritoriously. I have no doubt that Saint John' School will continue to achieve greatness and will prosper even more in the future years.

Posted July 21, 2007

My daughter has been at St. John's since 2002 and has flourished in the small, caring, individualized environment. The older kids interact with the younger ones and all the teachers and staff know every child. My daughter was painfully shy and unsure of herself when we began, and her experience at this school has helped her become a confident girl with a strong sense of self. The academic programs are excellent, the teachers top-notch, and music, drama, band, computer, art, and P.E. are a big part of the school day. We wouldn't have her anywhere else.

Posted June 28, 2007

St. John's is a wonderful school. We have one child that graduated last year and is now attending a college prep high school and doing fabulous. We feel that St. John's prepared her for academically as well as socially we were a bit worried that she would have trouble coming from a small school but she has truly blossomed in fact, we feel the close knit community and the Christian teachings have given her a very strong foundation for these very formative years to come in high school. Kudo's to St. John's!

Posted June 27, 2007

St. John s has been an excellent choice for my daughter. She has been there since Pre-School. I only wish that the Child Development Program had been open when she was that age. I think the best testimony for the atmosphere of the school is that my daughter loves it. I ve never received a complaint from her about having to get out of bed and go to school. She is academically ahead of peers from other schools and everyone comments on her manners and good moral character, traits that are encouraged at St. John s.

Posted June 10, 2007

St. John's is a great school for small group instruction. The teachers are highly trained in their teaching fields. Our family loves the friendly and nurturing environment.

Posted May 10, 2007

Strong academics; Band and art are available and teachers excellent. Lacks after school activities/sports probably due to very small enrollment right now. For our family, the school is simply 'too small'. Teachers have a way of focusing on the littlest things - not especially healthy for the child. While this is a caring environment, it was not a good fit for us. The concern about enrollment and the potential for future grades to be eliminated also led me to move my kids.

Posted January 7, 2006

My child is a graduate of St Johns. While it was a few years ago, I can tell you St Johns prepared her well for high school. The science and math background at St Johns were instrumental in providing the background needed for the honors/AP courses in high school. I cannot find the words to express the role the science teacher played in making science fun. My child has also done well in her Spanish, English and courses. I attribute the majority of this to the background obtained at St Johns. The small closely knit school family was a great choice for my family.

Posted June 26, 2005

St. John's is an excellent parochial school. We cannot be happier with the education that our child is receiving. The school philosophy is to teach to the whole child, and is succeeding in producing well-mannered, well-educated, and knowledgeable students. The parent community is incredible - very active and friendly. The subjects taught in the school are broad and varied as compared to those of the public schools. The class sizes are small and the individualized education received is phenomenal.

Posted May 19, 2005

St.John's has a lot to offer. Unfortunately there has been quite a bit of turmoil this year which has caused parents to look into other education choices. Bullying continues to be a big problem at St.John's. In regards to the faculty Mrs. Bishop,pre-K, and Mrs.Wilhite, 1st grade, are wonderful teachers. My family left after 3 years because of the increase in tuition as well as the change in administration. We're fortunate to have a great neighborhood public elementary school with a PTA second to none. My children's education hasn't suffered at all by switching to public school. In fact, I think they're more 'challenged/stimulated' than they were at St.John's. Yes, the class sizes are larger but that isn't always a bad thing. Classes that are too small, 12 kids, can be detrimental as well.

Posted October 31, 2004

St. John's has a well rounded set of subjects, an excellent computer lab, and first-class, extremely dedicated faculty and staff. The administration is dedicated to keeping students safe and maintaining a great learning environment. Although an Episcopal school, St. John's provides whole-child education with state accredited secular subjects. The PTO is very active with fundraising. There are many activities outside of school hours (Scouts, music/choir, etc.). Class sizes are small compared to public schools. The science classes have a great deal of hands-on labs. I've got two kids at St. John's (4th and K). Everyone smiles in the building, and the kids seem to be having a great time every single day. Tuition rates are less than the average rate around the OKC area; St. John's seems to be a great value overall. Bill Hensley

Posted February 14, 2004

St. John's Episcopal is the school parents are looking for that provide the balance of academics with that of fine arts, in a nuturing and safe environment. Mike Stiglets is the epitome of excellence! He is the only Headmaster I know that can identify with children and their needs and turn right around and have an intellectual conversation with the parents. He is such a unique individual, and his love for education overflows into the classroom!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5401 North Brookline Avenue