Oklahoma City, OK

Casady School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2015
Casady has an Honor Code and logical consequences are carried out if the Honor Code is broken. The school fosters a spirit of community and the students are taught empathy and sympathy through reminding them to follow the Golden Rule.

Posted May 24, 2015
My daughter transferred from Heritage Hall to Casady at the beginning of her fifth grade year. At Heritage Hall she did not feel like she fit in with that group of children, and our family was ready for a change. Casady has nurtured her already strong work ethic and has fostered her individual growth while encouraging her to find areas of interest in which she could thrive. She has had opportunities to play sports, sing, play cello, act in theater productions, work on the yearbook staff, volunteer her time to teach advanced math to younger students, join various service learning clubs, and a multitude of other options. She has a lot of homework, but chooses to finish quite a bit of it during her study period, and that helps her have less homework time at home. She has two or three close friends because she realizes that high school is just a stepping stone to college and to her career. The Casady parents are kind and supportive. They come from many different backgrounds, but are all willing to pay the tuition and fees because they believe in Casady. They seem very comfortable in their own skin, and I don't see a lot of nouveau riche behavior. The teachers know her and communicate well with me as a parent. The board and administration have worked hard to make sure that Casady lives up to its mission. I look forward to the positive growth and change that continues to happen under their tutelage. In some of the other less than favorable reviews, I see comments about the academics being less rigorous, and I disagree. My daughter has learned how to work hard, write well, think for herself, and has taken (and passed) many AP courses and tests. This allowed her to earn college credit for basic classes so that she will be able to graduate from college earlier. Obviously, Casady is not the school for all families. I have friends that have their children attending three different schools in Oklahoma City, including Casady, because these other fine schools, both public and private, were what their children needed.

Posted February 19, 2015
(Cont.) The school is also very welcoming to new families with a variety of social gatherings (coffee dates, volunteering, etc) and also parent educational events (including a growing parenting resource network...where counselors lead thoughtful discussions on parenting). We volunteer our time and resources to this school because we believe whole-heartedly in its mission: "Casady develops excellence, confidence, and integrity in students and prepares them with skills and knowledge that serve as the foundation for success." ...educating the mind, body and spirit is also the best investment I want for my children.

Posted December 03, 2014
My son has been at Casady since 6th grade and is currently a senior. This is the right school for your child if you want your child to be challenged, think critically, develop his/her desire to learn, write well, be accountable for his/her school work, be exposed to different subjects, develop leadership skills through different activities, and be prepared to attend the best colleges and universities in the country. In high school, the school offers the same subject classes at different levels of difficulty, so your child can choose based on his/her interests and talents. There are scholarships and financial aid based on income, but if you are not wealthy, you may have to choose between paying tuition or driving a nice car, or having a big car loan. It is all about priorities. The school is not for everyone, it depends on your child's interests and abilities -there is an entrance exam. The physical infrastructure of the school is just beautiful and the sports facilities are excellent. I am so glad we could give our son this opportunity,

Posted September 18, 2014
As a student at casady I can tell you one thing, it the most fun time of my life going to school every day. I enjoy seeing all my classmates, and I enjoy the fact that they push you to be involved in sports. I have been at casady my whole life and am now in the 11th grade, and I am so grateful that my parents put me in this great school. I get out of sports around 6 every day, and have about 2 hours of homework a night. It is a very challenging school taking calculus, AP physics, AP history, AP Spanish 4, and honors English takes quite a tole. But, I came to casady to get a great education and that's what I'm receiving every single day. Those people who say casady has fallen off academically obviously don't have kids in high school who are pushed to the limit of their knowledge every day. Highly recommend my school.

Casady School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
Having had a number of family members attend Casady, I feel I cannot recommend it. They have, as previously mentioned, rested on their reputations of being a great school. Most unfortunately I have found this has led to complacency, and this school is now lagging behind others. The students are treated like money pinatas. They take hits to the quality of their education, and the quality of their educators, and money still falls out of them; this is much to the delight of the administration! Faculty and staff are also treated poorly, unless they are part of the right "political faction". They lose quality educators this way, and they are going to be losing a quality family before the next school term. Mine is not the first, nor is it the last, that will be leaving Casady. As its reputation of quality and integrity continues to degrade they shall see an exodus of families that care more about the education their children are receiving than the name on their diplomas. I bid Casady farewell in hopes that it turns itself around, for I cannot abide the lack of quality, nor the gargantuan lack of integrity the administration of this school exhibits and perpetuates.

Posted February 06, 2013
This is my son's second year in middle division at Casady. We carefully considered all our options before making our decision, and it has exceeded our expectations in every respect. It is more than just a school experience. It is a life experience that feeds him academically, spiritually, athletically...all while emphasizing the importance of giving back to our community. He spends many weekends at school events, which reinforces the concept that learning is fun, and doesn't end when the bell rings. This is further exemplified by the teachers and faculty, who are creatively challenging them in the classrooms, escorting them to competitions on weekends, and attending their sporting events for support. I have never seen such rapport between teachers and students. They truly respect each other and form bonds of friendship and camaraderie. Are the expectations high? Yes. Does he work hard to meet those expectations? Yes. Do I think he'll be prepared to apply to ANY college he chooses? YES! He absolutely loves Casady and everything it has to offer!

Casady School 2

Posted June 13, 2012
While the campus upgrade has made major improvements to the outside of the school. If you take a deeper look, you will see that Casady has been happy to rest on its reputaion of being "the best school in the state" for to long. Its rigorous academic requirements have been reduced year after year. Now many public schools offer more challenging courses than what is offered at Casady(which is a college prep school). The athletic programs are laughable. When asked about the sub-par athletics the answer is always the same, we are an academic school. But Casady consistently scores lower on the standardized tests (ERB) than the other schools in the conference. The parents and students are very cliquish and its hard for a student or athelte to recieve any kind of recoginiton if they are not part of the tight-knit group of alumi and thier children. Casady has the potential and means to be one of the best schools in the region. But only when they start considering all the students and not just a few select ones. Consider this school carefully, on the values where it is now and not what it once was.

Casady School 1

Posted April 09, 2012
Bogus school. Rude teachers. This is for primary divison. Donot understand basics of childrens. Go to heritage hall or public schoo. They donot understand this. They are all orthodox teacheres with no sense. As a parent never send you kids here.

Casady School 2

Posted January 10, 2012
My family was involved with this school and I can say from experience that this school was below average. Of course, every school has its pros and cons including this one; this school has been downhill for a while. This school is in fact an Episcopal school and it's the most expensive, but it doesn't mean it's the "best" (everyone like me has their own opinion.). It used to be that to graduate you had to take Latin; not anymore! Of course, they do have chapel and they pray but in the whole environment it's not really Christ-centered. They really expect a lot out of the students to make sure they go onto college (hence this school being college-prep), which is good but sometimes it can be stressful. If this school sounds like it's for you go ahead; if it's not then keep looking.

Casady School