Oklahoma City, OK

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Westminster, our goal is to grow the minds of our students by teaching them to think well, work hard and work well with others. By combining individual though, a challenging curriculum and group collaboration, our teachers strive to bring out your child's BEST!
August 30, 2013

Posted April 01, 2015
My wife substituted there today as she has before. She was teaching 6th grade Spanish and her third hour class refused to do anything they were supposed to do. They would not even respond when she was calling attendance. The students apparently have a certain sense of entitlement and can do as they please without consequence. My wife was scheduled to substitute again next week, but unfortunately has to decline as she does not feel comfortable in the current environment that exists at Westminster.

Posted September 21, 2014
Excellent school. Outstanding teachers, leadership, parents and students. Consistently the best PreK-8 educational experience in Oklahoma City.

Posted June 22, 2014
Excellent school! It was our first year and my kids just excelled. They are so excited about learning. It is summer and they miss their school. They love their teachers and made new friends. The school encourages students to think and work well with others. The school is teaching students to become problem solvers at a young age. It is not focused solely on doing more home work and believing more work is better. In my opinion, there is no perfect school. However, if you are looking for, academic excellence, impeccable social skills and a friendly environment for your student, I beat you will find it at Westminster in Oklahoma City.

Posted April 03, 2014
If you have a self starter, great school. But if your child has any special needs, this is not the place for you. No communication just not welcome back. After they preach how important communication is. I emailed a staff member and no call back just a short email. But I think if you take out your checkbook, they will bend over backwards for you. Just glad I didn't give the substantial donation I was going to give. A horrible failure for my extra special child.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2014
I strongly disagree with the parent who wrote that they do not help children with ADHD. My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and is not on medication. Her teachers are aware of this and have assisted us with many behavioral interventions and have sought to help develop talents that give her confidence to work through challenges. We communicate through email almost weekly and they have assisted us with study skills. My daughter is still easily distracted but reads at a 12th grade level and is making A's and B's. Communication is key; if you work with your teaching team they will help you. If you feel this is not the case, I know Mrs. Waldo or Mrs. Regens are there to help. Best of luck to you. We adore Westminster School!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 05, 2014
They really should reconsider their rules limiting kindergarten child's birthdays. Seem very fond of stifling rules there!

Westminster School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
School doesn't offer anything for kids with ADHD or needs an iep. The will fail and teachers don't care.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 30, 2013

Posted June 25, 2013
My son looks forward to school every day, tells anyone who asks that he loves it! He is learning things I don't even know, and hes only 6! His teacher gave me her personal cell before the school year started and has never ignored my calls :) She talks as long as I need to and always tells me how wonderful and amazing my son is. What mom doesn't love to hear that? Plus, I know he feels exactly the same way about her. Love love love this school

Westminster School

Posted October 31, 2010
This is our first year at Westminster and we LOVE it! The team of teachers is especially welcoming to new students. Our child continually mentions how much easier it is to focus in the classroom setting at Westminster. My husband and I contribute this the wonderful educators and also class size! Perhaps there aren't many studies that say teacher/student ratio is not that important.... Well, I say the positive results we are seeing are proof enough! Westminster is a wonderful environment for optimal learning!

Westminster School