No rating

Heritage Hall

Private | PK-12 | 764 students

Living in Oklahoma City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $127,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted April 4, 2008

As a former student I would say the biggest problem with Heritage Hall is that the students have their goals set too low. While most college prep schools ship students to Ivy League schools, Northwestern, Vandy, Duke etc., Heritage Hall lacks in this department. Sure 99.99% of graduates go on to college, but 75% go to OU. There are a few students each year that go to prestigious schools, but I feel that the average student does not aspire to this. I would attribute the 'public school education for a private school price' description to this. If the kids only want to go to OU, then why make the curriculum challenging? However, I did enjoy my time at HH, and considering the other education opportunities, it is one of the best schools to attend in the city and state.

Posted February 5, 2008

This is my first year at Heritage Hall and so far I am lovin everything... the teachers, ciriculum, sports, and people!

Posted January 28, 2008

It's a great school with stong academic standards and numerous extracurricular activities including a required community service program. My kids love the opportunities in sports, which wouldn't be available to so many in a large 6A school.

Posted October 26, 2007

I think that Heritage Hall is a great school and has great leadership qualities! I love Heritage Hall!

Posted August 28, 2007

This is an outstanding school. We have been here for 5 years and would not attend anywhere else.

Posted May 25, 2007

I graduated from HH in 2003. And I am about to graduate from college now, I do have to say Heritage did prepare me, but not as much as a private school should. I see others at my college from St. Louis private schools or others in the state, and from the vantage point I have we're a little behind. The school needs to let 1998 and other sports programs behind, this isn't Texas. The school needs to find more teachers like Dr. Powell. Heritage must care more about their academics instead of their sports, once they excel more in their academics they should start working on the balance with sports! The debate program used to be the best in the nation, then we won a state title...
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 5, 2007

The school does focus primarily on sports, but there should be some clarification on how it does this. Because this school is influenced heavily by obsessive parents, including the self-elected/governed 'board of directors', most of the sports programs are dominated by the more powerful parents and alumni. Teachers with poor qualifications dot the landscape at HH. Turnovers are high, and mostly due to internal power struggles in the overly obsessive administration staff. More than one teacher has vanished without reason in the middle of the day. Listen to the posts here HH - they speak the truth - only you can fix the issues addressed.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 28, 2007

As a member of the Board of Trustees at HH and with two children having graduated from the school I can attest to the quality of education, leadership and service opportunities as well as the many options available to students in the arts and athletics. We offer our students 11 sports with equal emphasis placed on girls and boys athletics. The school just completed a $15,000,000 capital campaign to build a new middle school and performance auditorium, gymnasium, improvements to lower school and an indoor athletic practice facility. Our students attend the finest colleges nationwide. Heritage Hall is great school and only getting better.

Posted December 8, 2006

Contrary to previous post 'Education is public school quality at a private school price.' This is obviously a kid or parent of kid that couldn t hack it at Heritage Hall. The proof is in the pudding. We've had two graduate from HH. They were both very well prepared to go to college, one graduating from out-of-state school in 3 1/2 yrs and pother in Big XII schools now. One of the best educations in Oklahoma period! Athletics does need an overhaul starting at the top. HH is a bit obsessed with football due to winning one state title in 1998. AD needs to focus more on girl s sports, which are better overall This will catch up to him eventually. Security could be better too. Campus ingress/egress way to easy.

Posted November 29, 2006

School is obsessed with athletics and raising money but little else. Teaching caters to the lowest common denominator. Education is public school quality at a private school price.

Posted November 8, 2006

Heritage Hall is the best school ever! I've been here since preschool and I plan to stay through my senior year. Sports and Academics are equally important. Teachers care about who you are, not who your sister was or who your brother was--it's about you and who you are now. So many different classes are availible! It's great!

Posted June 24, 2006

Hertiage Hall is one of the best schools i could ever go to , each of my sisters get equal attention from every teacher. I also enjoy it because of all the cool new stuff they have a new gynasium and a huge new middle school.

Posted April 24, 2006

I can't believe how into sports the school is. I have never seen anything like this. Sports are the #1 priority here!

Posted March 4, 2006

All teachers, coaches are controlled by the same board president, 10yrs and counting so they all jump, as their contracts are renewed yearly this is very disruptive to all aspects of campus life, especially sports, the best will not play. Safety is not a problem, very expensive though. No band or other fine arts. Great sports facilities, but school only cares about varity football coaching in other sports is sub par.

Posted February 22, 2006

I like the preschool program at Heritage Hall. The teachers are caring and energetic. The kids enjoy the classes

Posted January 7, 2006

Heritage Hall has been an excellent place for my child. The teachers are wonderful. They are very attentive to each child's specific needs and are always available for whatever task. My child feels comfortable asking for assistance when needed. It has been a good fit for my child.

Posted February 18, 2005

My child has attended lower school here and presently in the middle school. The lower school was excellent and academically the middle school is good but, there is no music program and it is completely obsessed with sports and building new facilities. The upper school has some music but not much instrumentally. Too bad for Oklahoma City when we have few options. Overall, this school is what our parents attended if they had gone to public school.

Posted August 26, 2003

I am very impressed with the quality of teachers and the facility.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAIS

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1800 Northwest 122nd Street