Posted April 23, 2014
I was a student at HH from kindergarten through my senior year and I loved it. I loved it so much I send my kids there now. Those that are saying that the school focuses on athletics obviously aren't paying attention. Classroom performance is first and foremost. And the comments about the new leadership in the Lower School must have just had an issue with the division head. The entire Lower School is a happy and thriving place. The division head and her support staff are amazing! She was one of my teachers in high school and she's made the transition to lower schoo very well. She is very easy to work with and truly cares about each child. I will never send my kids any where else.

Posted January 06, 2013
Heritage Hall has been an excellent place for my child. The teachers are wonderful. They are very attentive to each child's specific needs and are always available for whatever task. My child feels comfortable asking for assistance when needed. It has been a good fit for my child.

Heritage Hall 1

Posted August 26, 2012
I just graduated from hh in may. I was there for three years. Every year things seamed to get worse. The classes became more crowded, the new teachers never taught us, one even had us watch YouTube in class everyday. The high rate to turnover keeps the good teachers from returning. The sports kids get away with everything while the kids who focus on academics are pestered and get in trouble for stupid things. Do not send your children here!

Posted May 09, 2012
Amazing school. My son attends this school, and has found the focus is not simply on sports as suggested by the other reviews. He is an avid member of the debate team, the second or third best in the state, is part of the honors society, and also takes an intrest in drama, which is a huge part of this school.

Heritage Hall 1

Posted August 22, 2011
Heritage Hall was not the right fit for my child. My daughter was only in Lower School there and ended up wishing she had never asked to stay. Everything seems to focus on the athletics department, which is not why I send my daughter to school. I send her to school to receive a proper education while learning the life skills that she will need for the future and this school was not our answer. I would not recommend sending your child here.

Posted January 08, 2011
HH is amazing. I cannot imagine sending my children anywhere else. My children have thrived and continue to thrive each year. The individualized education for the children would be impossible to find elsewhere. HH focusses on leadership, service and the love of learning. The children are aware of this at a very young age. It is a precious, safe environment that is academically excellent in all areas!

Posted January 08, 2011
We love it. The community is so inviting. We love the education our children are getting here. We feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing school.

Posted October 03, 2010
Loved it so much as a parent, and now that I work at the school, I can't say enough great things about it.

Posted September 28, 2010
I attended Heritage Hall for 8 years, was a National Merit Scholar, and went on to be very successful at a prestigious university. I now work in education and study teacher training and effectiveness and student achievement throughout the country. From an alumni perspective, Heritage gave me everything I needed and more to be successful in college. From the perspective of someone whose job it is to study schools and their teachers, Heritage is an example of what great education looks like. At a school which boasts many excellent programs and dedicated leadership, I look back most fondly on the teachers I had at Heritage. They were intelligent, dedicated, creative, and positive, and I credit them with much of the success I've had since graduating. This is an excellent school, and I feel very blessed to have attended it.

Heritage Hall 3

Posted September 01, 2010
When I rate this school as average, remember tuition is high, so this school should easily rate Excellent. I am a former teacher in the Upper School as well as a parent of a former Lower School student. During my time there, I saw many children who were indulged at home and never corrected at school. Snobbery, privilege, and disrespect ran rampant. The children of donors could get away with anything. The headmaster typifies the lack of morals and integrity of the school. There are some teachers that genuinely care about the students and the small class sizes can help, but this school does not live up to its public image or potential. For most students, it is a training ground for future politicians, socialites, and swindling CEO's.

Heritage Hall