No rating

Life Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Oklahoma City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $193,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted January 9, 2014

The staff and curriculum at LCA are excellent. Teacher and administration truly care for the children and are involved and invested in each child's educational experience. I highly recommend LCA to parents who are looking for a place where children are taught to model Christ's love and compassion for others in addition to quality academics.

Posted April 11, 2013

I Love LCA!!! I have had 2 kids graduate from LCA and both of them had a great experience. One had 26 college credits and the other 13. They were very prepared for college and no problems adjusting to college academics. Both are going on academic scholarships. The teacher/staff/administration were very giving of their time to help both my children in all areas of their lives. LCA is internationally accredited and alot of private/christian schools don't have that kind of status. The accounting staff is very flexible...many times needed a little more time to pay and they were very kind and understood. Would highly recommend this school. Such a relieve to know that I didn't have to worry about both of my students not being physically, spiritually or academically prepared for not only college but the world. Thank you LCA!!!

Posted March 31, 2013

Our daughter has attended LCA for 3 years. I believe her teachers and principal have been great. Originally the quality of her preK teacher and the grade school Principal sold us on the school and we have not been disappointed. Our daughter has received a high level of education compared to others her age in the public school system. Mike Houlette

Posted September 6, 2012

This "school" or should I say "academy" is a JOKE. The leadership is of the poorest quality. I would encourage all parents of current students to do random drop-ins to see what really happens throughout the day. We pulled our children out after being tired of hearing our children yelled at, and talked down to. The daycare teachers have no class.

Posted July 5, 2012

Our 2 sons have attended Life Christain Academy for the past 6 years. I have never seen the things that previous posters are referring to (and in refernce to a previous post, yes we are inviolved). All the teachers we have had have been extremely caring and have pushed our children academically. The other staff members have also been very considerate and we have NEVER had any trouble with the accounting department. I feel honored to be able to call Life Christain our school!

Posted April 3, 2012

I have seen several teachers and the principals being hateful, mean and unnecessarily hurtful to the young children. This is a constant basis, every time I am at the school and some of the kids look scared and depressed. Also they let the kids sleep several hours past the alotted nap time and then wake them up before parents walk in and see it. They skip science since the kids were sleeping and send them home with lots of work. My child will finish this year and be moved and then I will follow through with making proper complaints...it's that bad. Its like seeing sad dogs in cages at the pound, its hard to walk away and leave them...these parents have no clue what's going on. I could go on for days, if your child goes there and is treated badly, you're wondering why you didn't know then its because you're lot involved enough. My child has come home saying mean things to other family members, stuff I don't say like shut up and listen to me, close your mouth, you're not even listening...all things that they are saying to the kids.

Posted January 30, 2012

The staff and administrators there are more about making money and not about a quality education for your child. Be careful with the accounting department if you get even a day behind in your payment they will turn you over to collections. If you just want use them as a baby sitter it's great, they kids get to run around and not have any structure or discipline and the kids love it! But if you want your child to learn something, this isn't the place to be. *Gulp* - public education is way better than this place...

Posted January 11, 2012

The leadership of this school would seriously benefit themselves by getting an education. Hey I would even settle for them taking a psychology class on how to treat children and how to talk to parents.

Posted January 10, 2012

THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST SCHOOL IN OKC!!!!!!!!! CCS is the place to send them

Posted March 25, 2011

I have 2 children currently attending LCA. They have challenging cirriculum, teachers who care about the kids, love the principal, academically driven! Most definately the right school for our family!

Posted October 23, 2010

This is a superior school! LCA have the best principles and teachers of any school I have visited(over 20) The moral standards they not only teach but live is second to none. Teachers go above and beyond with every kid.

Posted May 5, 2009

Despite what the comments the previous reviewer left, Life Christian Academy is a superior school. Our son is 5 years old and has been in the kindergarten class the past year and has excelled in more ways than I can imagine! The programs are fantastic and the teachers are supportive. I am currently 8 months pregnant and have every intention of sending our new son to this school when he is of school age.

Posted January 16, 2009

We pulled our son out of Life 'Christian' Academy because it is very poorly run, lacks leadership and is not very Christian. The two public elementary schools near LCA are far better (better teachers, better leadership, safer, more friendly, better supplies, better facilities, better curriculum ...... just better.)

Posted December 16, 2008

My daughter 6 and son 4 have been attending Life for 2 years now. I must say I am pleased with the academics and my daughter blows me away with what she knows. Most of the teachers are great and really care. My problem is with the other faculty like the owner, the principle and other administrators except for the Coach. They are only nice when you are handing over your payment. The dress code is to strict and sometimes annoying. For the amount of money we pay there should be more. I have seen to many cases where children are arguing and bullying and it would be a perfect opportunity for the teachers to step in and teach them what is wrong. However, they turn away and use the excuse 'that's just what kids do'. I do think this school is better than the public schools around.

Posted July 28, 2008

My daughter is five years old. At this point in her education at Life Christian Academy, I am very impressed with how advanced she is compared to her peers in public school. Everyone is always complementing me on how smart she is. I love the fact that they are not afraid to discipline, and they do it in a manner that is tough, but loving. Something the public schools are desparately missing. My daughter would probably walk all over a public school teacher, then they would probably tell me to give her drugs. My daughter needs a solid atmosphere conducive to learning, not drugs. I'm hoping they expand their high school program.

Posted August 28, 2007

Very inadequately ran and the expense is preposterous.

Posted August 8, 2007

We have two children attending Life Christian Academy. We know that they are getting the best education that you can receive. The teachers and staff are awesome. They really care! There's not a day goes by where our children aren't thankful that they go to Life Christian Academy ,especially after listening to some of their friends talk about the 'craziness ' that goes on in their schools. Enrolling our children at Life was the best decision we have ever made. I just can't imagine them being anywhere else !

Posted July 23, 2007

I attended this school for about 9 years. I would have to say that they desperately need better leadership by teachers. I was not given a very great education so when I transfered to public school I had to retake many classes. Now attending the school I do, I realize I would have never recieved such a great education. At life I was not even talked to about College early on, when it is most vital.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 21, 2007

The administration and staff are top notch at LCA. They really strive to do their best for each individual person, be it student or parent, to give them the very best experience possible. I have two children attending LCA and we have really enjoyed our experiences and opportunities so far.

Posted June 13, 2006

I attended this school from the 5th to the 12th grade. The student to teacher ratio cannot be beat. As with any school, students will make each other's lives difficult; and, I cannot say that I have too many fond memories surrounding the majority of the student populace. However, so far as education, cohesiveness, encouragement, concern, interaction, and quality on the part of the teachers...Well, this school is top notch.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ORUEF

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6801 South Anderson Road