No rating

Trinity School

Private | K-12 | 66 students

Living in Oklahoma City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $108,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted August 12, 2014

Our family is so excited for another school year to start. Before attending Trinity, every night ended with tears. Homework was brutal, my child had little self esteem, and I felt like we would not make it. The teachers, counselor, and head of school has been the most caring people in our journey. They listen to our struggles and develop a plan to help not only our child but our family. Learning differences is not easy to deal with but the support this school offers allows us to be a family again. I can not thank the administration and faculty enough for giving us this gift and educating our child how he learns!

Posted August 11, 2014

My son is dyslexic and has learned to read due to the caring staff and highly trained therapist. Without this school so many children would not be meeting their potential. The staff is great. The counselor cares. The head of school is involved in the planning and individual plans. If homework is bringing your family to years and your child is struggling take a tour. You will not be sorry! I will always be grateful for the gift of reading for my son!

Posted July 28, 2014

This school is nothing but a waste of money. They lie and say there are individual plans, etc etc etc Public school is better than this place. The head of school will tell you whatever necessary to get you to join. Beware Worst mistake ever going here. Teachers are rude and yet are supposed to be helping students with special needs. So sad and disappointed. My child cried everyday bc of how rude they were

Posted January 2, 2010

Trinity school has become a life altering experience for my child. She came to Trinity school feeling defeated and hopeless about her ability to learn in the regular classroom. She has always been very intelligent and talented but her learning difference kept her a grade level or more behind her appropriate level. At Trinity, not only did she learn to excel in spite of her learing difference but she also evolved as a self confident and outgoing person. She now has hope for a college education and a secure future because of Trinity school. We highly reccomend Trinity school for any child who needs to learn in a different way.

Posted November 17, 2008

Excellent school. I have a 5 year old in Kindergarten now, and he was in Pre-K as well. After visiting every private school in OKC, I chose Trinity for the small class size, true one-on -one attention, and robust curriculum. My son has no learning issues at all, and I want to re-iterate that it is a school which does a great job with all children. The teachers in the Early Learning Center are certified Montessori instructors and simply excel in the field of education.

Posted November 13, 2008

As a parent of a bright child with learning differences, I am grateful every day to the people at Trinity of care they take of my son. They are loving, patient, and kind but also bring an amazing amount of knowledge about teaching learning differenced kids. I am also impressed by the other kids in his classes. They seem very supportive of each other and they have helped him enormously.

Posted November 12, 2008

As a former parent and teacher who has been at Trinity for many years, I have seen many changes. I have seen several Heads of School come and go, changes in policy come and go and many good teachers and friends come and go. Trinity was a wonderful, nurturing and life changing experience for my children. I have seen this school change the lives of many children and hope that it will continue to do so in the future. Trinity School is a wonderful place with an incredibly caring and highly trained staff, whose only goal is to see children succeed. We concentrate on children with language differences as well as those with math issues and chilfren who fall through the cracks in a regular classroom. Our staff loves what we do and we want more than anything to continue doing just that.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 12, 2008

Trinity school has been a life changing situation for my son and our family. The teaching is modified to the different learning styles and the family like atmosphere reminds me of what community used to be.

Posted November 11, 2008

I have watched this school and its committed faculty change the lives of kids who come to 'trinity for help and a new plan. They leave after their first year feeling more confident and more able. The tinity motto: I can is an important for kids who do not thrive in the traditional classroom--but can acheive given the chance to do so. Trinity is a community treasure. Lou Carmichael Freind of Trinity School, former music teacher at Trinity and current board member

Posted October 28, 2008

Trinity school has been a miracle for our daughter. We struggled in public school for several years, fighting for services and trying to convince them that she even had a problem. She hated going to school...then we found Trinity. Now she can read at grade level for the first time in her life. The teachers are excellent. They know unique ways for getting the information to my daughter that she needs to learn. The enviroment is loving and supportive.The class sizes are small . We love Trinity and reccomend it highly, it changed our daughters life!!

Posted April 27, 2008

The teachers at Trinity School are wonderful! They care so much about the students and communicate well with parents. They are highly trained in multisensory approaches. I would also highly suggest Trinity School.

Posted April 24, 2008

Both of my children attended the Early Learning Center at Trinity. It was a wonderful experience. The teachers are very well trained in muilti-sensory approaches. They use Payne Foundation Reading Readiness and the Reading and Writing Workshop from Columbia Univesity. They have a very loving and disiplined approach to teaching and molding young children. The children feel safe and loved. The literacy program is very balanced. My children grew academically and socially. I highly suggest Trinity School!

Posted April 17, 2008

Trinity has recently redefined their mission and with the help of Shelton School from Dallas they are focused on turning the school around. I am one of the parents who understand what Trinity's plan for the future is and I am willing to stick around to see it come to fruition. Change doesn't happen overnight. The lack of parental involvement in the school is a major problem. It is beyond me, how parents can pay so much money for their child's education yet have such little interest in supporting the school. If you are not involved with the school you have no one to blame for your dissatisfaction but yourself. The key to changing and improving things is to be an involved and contributing parent. Trinity has great promise and there are many students who are thriving there right now. It can only get better.

Posted April 14, 2008

I am the parent of a former Trinity student with learning differences who attended from 2nd through 8th grade. Trinity's programs were just what he needed to gain the confidence and skills necessary to enter a mainstream high school classroom. I can only encourage parents of children with learning differences who may be interested in Trinity to visit the school, talk to the administration, teachers, and other parents and form their own opinions.

Posted April 12, 2008

We love the small, nuturing environment at Trinity School! This is our son's 5th year at Trinity and he continues to flourish, thanks to compassionate and creative teachers who have taken an interest in him and his unique way of thinking. The school provides just enough structure to allow him to feel secure, while its multi-sensory approach to learning has helped him develop confidence in his abilities. While administration changes have caused some turmoil in the past, we believe the school is now positioned to grow into a premier provider of education for kids who have learning differences. As a parent, I've found that staying involved as an active volunteer in the school is a great way to be a part of the team supporting my son's education!

Posted April 11, 2008

As a parent and a grandmother, I have been totally impressed with Trinity this year. The students seem to care and teaachers and the Head of School work together to provide the best education possible. I have known about it in the past and this is first year in a long time that problems have been handled correctly and swiftly so that it feels professional and safe. Children are happy and feel secure. Thank you, to the Board and Administration for working hard to put Trinity back on the right road.

Posted March 24, 2008

As parents of a child at Trinity, we have had an extremely discouraging experience. As one of the families who chose to stay this year in hopes of improvement, we have been more than disappointed by the new head of school. Her negative view of children is reflected in her constant 'documentation' of the children's behavior, under a veneer of 'character development.' Concerns expressed to the head of school are met by a smiling, insincere defensiveness. We have been impressed by the Trinity parents in their knowledge of learning differences, and the sincere efforts of many of the teachers and Board of Directors. However, the school's stated mission cannot be met due to the attitude and limited abilities of the current head of school.

Posted February 28, 2008

This is my child's 2nd year at Trinity. A new Headmaster this year has greatly changed the school dynamics. I'm afraid to walk down the halls for fear I might get in trouble (as a parent!). She is spending more time enforcing a stricter uniform policy & discipline systems than keeping the teachers, children & parents (those paying the tuition) happy. With the great reduction in enrollment this year - the school has become too small to provide students with appropriate peer interaction. I had such high hopes for this school, but we will not be returning next year. Trinity has the right intentions of serving students that learn differently, however they lack the funding and leadership to implement any effective methods. This school (in it's current condition) can only best serve the needs of a very small population of students that couldn't flourish in a traditional school environment.

Posted January 28, 2008

We enrolled our child at Trinity because of its past reputation, and current promise of nurturing and encouraging children with a range of learning differences. Our experience, however, was one of disappointment at the lack of actual expertise and sensitivity in understanding learning differences. The teachers in the lower grades, particularly, seemed to lack any formal training in teaching students with learning disabilities. We understand that a new administration has done little to improve the situation this year. It is difficult enough to try to help a child with learning issues, without also having to deal with a school which fundamentally misrepresents its qualifications.

Posted November 1, 2007

Many of the teachers left after last year, and enrollment is down. My son's wonderful teacher was one who left. Another problem is unfriendly parents who make it hard to get involved. The music program is very chaotic, and my son learned very little. The website boasts many multisensory and creative teaching methods, but I saw very little of this, even though my son's teacher tried. There was just too much chaos with the former headmaster leaving midyear.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab