PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I witnessed a student ask a question about their belief of when life is created. The teacher stated to him, "If you do not put what the book says, you are wrong". The student was faced with the option of marking the books answer to receive credit, or the answer he truly felt was correct and not receiving credit. That was a common occurrence within that school. "If you don't believe exactly as I do, you are wrong."

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There are obvious favorites and students who are given lighter punishments (or not any at all) than other students who receive harsh punishments.

I was a student at Destiny Christian School and it was a terrible experience. I did not learn anything. It seems as if everyone is related and the teacher's kids get a slap on the wrist for things other people would be suspended for. The learning environment does not foster growth and critical thinking. I do not feel I gained anything from that experience. They lied to my parents stating they did not accept kids who were kicked out of public schools. They do. Not only that, they give them athletic scholarships. As numerous people have mentioned, sports is about the only thing they value. They do not accept students who are LGBTQ, had a child, married or living on their own. Even if the girl was a victim of rape and elected to keep the baby. The school never completed my OHLAP/Oklahoma's Promise paperwork despite us discussing the issue upfront. When I enrolled in college, I found my tuition was thousands more and the school stated there was nothing they could do because it was "too late". There are no honor classes or alternative options for students. Send your kid somewhere else!!

We placed my son at Destiny last year, his sophomore year. We have loved every minute of it. Yes, it is a bit of a sacrifice, but worth it by far. If I'm going to enroll my child in a private school, I expect to make some sacrifice financially. He has made many good friends, and his teachers have gone out of their way to be helpful. If he has a missing assignment, late assignment, or a low grade, I automatically get an email. We have been very impressed with the staff and faculty, and feel like they truly care about my son and his future. The friends that he has made while at Destiny are really good kids. I would highly recommend Destiny.

I really started to like this school in the beginning. The first year was great and the second year was okay. It wasn't until the 3rd year when my son was older that his classmates quickly turned into the wrong crowd. The majority of his classmates were kids that were kicked out of public schools. They were a bunch of hoodlums and druggies. Also, when he went back to public school we had his reading level tested, which was a grade level below what they assured us he was at. It took time and tutoring for him to catch up with public school kids. Sending our son there over public school was a horrible parenting choice, at least when he got older.

School is far from what I had expected. This school allows "expelled kids from other schools" to enter, therefore making it so much more harder for other kids to learn. Seems like half or more of the class are "trouble" kids. There is alot of disruption and chaos in the classrooms on a daily basis.

I put my son in this school because I heard nothing but great things. Come to find out, this school is nothing that I expected it to be. The school cares about nothing but money. It's hard for me to pay for tuition, then turn around and pay for spring break. The way the school nickel and dimes you is wrong. On top of that the teaches are nice but your kids doesn't get any more attention than a kid in public school. The after school care is provided by school kids that have no training and couldn't care less about your kids. They only reason why my son goes to this school now is because I can not find any before and after school care for my child in public school. For any one planning on sending there kids to this school, look into other options if you can.

i was a student at destiny I got harrassed and they could ve caredd less the education Is good wish they wouldve had ap classes and morae class choices the only thing I can say I miss is my friends and sports they teach us how to play fair and aggressive but I wouldnt recommend the school for jh but I will for elementary and pre-k

Destiny Christian School provides a great learning environment for children from K-3 to Seniors in High School. We now have four children attending Destiny and are so pleased with the education that they are all receiving. The curriculum used at Destiny is great. One of our children has special needs. The teachers and administrators have done so much to ensure that he is able to stay in the school. They have been more than willing to work with us and be flexible to the needs of our child. Destiny Christian School is a wonderful place where students are cared for and where they will/are receiving an excellent education.

Words cannot fully express how highly satisfied I am with the teaching at Destiny Christian School. I applaud the teachers, principals and the staff of this school for investing in my two young boys during the school year. My boys came home everyday talking about the scriptures that they learned and the great experience that they had at school. I would recommend this school to all parents and to give their children the gift of learning about Jesus Christ.

Last modified Destiny Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12