Posted November 19, 2014
We placed my son at Destiny last year, his sophomore year. We have loved every minute of it. Yes, it is a bit of a sacrifice, but worth it by far. If I'm going to enroll my child in a private school, I expect to make some sacrifice financially. He has made many good friends, and his teachers have gone out of their way to be helpful. If he has a missing assignment, late assignment, or a low grade, I automatically get an email. We have been very impressed with the staff and faculty, and feel like they truly care about my son and his future. The friends that he has made while at Destiny are really good kids. I would highly recommend Destiny.

Posted October 20, 2014
I really started to like this school in the beginning. The first year was great and the second year was okay. It wasn't until the 3rd year when my son was older that his classmates quickly turned into the wrong crowd. The majority of his classmates were kids that were kicked out of public schools. They were a bunch of hoodlums and druggies. Also, when he went back to public school we had his reading level tested, which was a grade level below what they assured us he was at. It took time and tutoring for him to catch up with public school kids. Sending our son there over public school was a horrible parenting choice, at least when he got older.

Posted July 27, 2014
School is far from what I had expected. This school allows "expelled kids from other schools" to enter, therefore making it so much more harder for other kids to learn. Seems like half or more of the class are "trouble" kids. There is alot of disruption and chaos in the classrooms on a daily basis.

Posted April 02, 2014
I put my son in this school because I heard nothing but great things. Come to find out, this school is nothing that I expected it to be. The school cares about nothing but money. It's hard for me to pay for tuition, then turn around and pay for spring break. The way the school nickel and dimes you is wrong. On top of that the teaches are nice but your kids doesn't get any more attention than a kid in public school. The after school care is provided by school kids that have no training and couldn't care less about your kids. They only reason why my son goes to this school now is because I can not find any before and after school care for my child in public school. For any one planning on sending there kids to this school, look into other options if you can.
2 people found this helpful

Destiny Christian School 2

Posted September 19, 2012
i was a student at destiny I got harrassed and they could ve caredd less the education Is good wish they wouldve had ap classes and morae class choices the only thing I can say I miss is my friends and sports they teach us how to play fair and aggressive but I wouldnt recommend the school for jh but I will for elementary and pre-k

Posted September 13, 2012
Destiny Christian School provides a great learning environment for children from K-3 to Seniors in High School. We now have four children attending Destiny and are so pleased with the education that they are all receiving. The curriculum used at Destiny is great. One of our children has special needs. The teachers and administrators have done so much to ensure that he is able to stay in the school. They have been more than willing to work with us and be flexible to the needs of our child. Destiny Christian School is a wonderful place where students are cared for and where they will/are receiving an excellent education.

Posted June 18, 2012
Words cannot fully express how highly satisfied I am with the teaching at Destiny Christian School. I applaud the teachers, principals and the staff of this school for investing in my two young boys during the school year. My boys came home everyday talking about the scriptures that they learned and the great experience that they had at school. I would recommend this school to all parents and to give their children the gift of learning about Jesus Christ.

Posted January 26, 2011
All 3 of my children have attended Destiny Christian since they were 3 years old. I feel that every level of the school has given them a solid foundation and a well rounded education. I am so pleased with the fact that my kids have a positive and Christ centered place to be educated! Let's face it, a large portion of a child's life is spent at school, I needed to feel good about the place they spent the bulk of their day. When I see how much they learn I am amazed and thankful that God brought my family to this school! When I listen to the stories my co-workers tell about their children and the public schools they attend, I am even more thankful for Destiny.

Destiny Christian School 4

Posted October 12, 2010
Because my grandkids go to school there.

Destiny Christian School 3

Posted March 31, 2010
Although this is a better school than the public schools environment-wise, the education of the middle and upper schools could be much better. Seldom, if ever, does my child have homework. The emphasis doesn't seem to be on encouraging students to learn and be prepared for the ACT/SAT and subsequently college. The teacher turn-over rate is very high and as a result the quality is lacking. The administration as a whole has been a disappointment. Also, there is little recourse for disagreements as the leadership is all related by family.

Destiny Christian School
Po Box 15300, Oklahoma City, OK  73155
Last modified Destiny Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Destiny Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top