Posted January 06, 2015
I LOVE ICMS! I am unbelieving that anyone would say anything negative about this school. My child loves it too. He feels safe, nurtured and finds the curriculum challenging and focused. I wouldn't take him anywhere else! The staff and administration really work hard and care about the students they are in charge of. I thank God for having ICMS here for our students! Mrs. Baker really cares about the students and works very hard with the parents and staff. Thank you for all you do for our students ICMS!
8 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2015
I have a child in the sixth grade as well. I love ICMS!! Mrs. Cherry is the technology teacher. I received an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and a 6th Grade SYLLABUS for her class. I also went to the faculty page on the ICMS website and visited her teacher page, there is a copy the AUP and SYLLABUS. I don't know where the negative parent has been but Mrs. Cherry has taught my child so much in the first semester that my child didn't want to change classes this semester. My child was copying information out of a book too but when I read the syllabus and emailed Mrs. Cherry I was very pleased with the response. Explanation was given as follows: she has them write the notes first, after the notes are written, Mrs. Cherry teaches to the those exact notes while she tells the students what to highlight as she teaches, Then students are given multiple assessment test and they are to USE their notes on the test, therefore processing the information a third time. The school offers Spanish for the eighth graders and numerous after school programs including drama, drum line, guitar, math help, library aide, academic teams, Student Council, yearbook and many others.
4 people found this helpful

Independence Charter Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
My child is in 6 grade at ICMS, I am not impressed with this school. The school has staff doing multiple duties that they are not qualified to do, in computer class they just copy notes verbatim out of a book , they do not offer a foreign language, band, drama, speech, health (combined with PE but does not teach anything regarding health just exercise) and I have learned they do not have a school nurse at all (very dangerous). Where is the funding for this school? The teachers do not have a teacher website like other schools so as a parent I am unaware what my child is learning and have not received syllabus stating goals for the year because as I was told "we don't do that". I honestly doubt if my child will be ready for state test. If you are looking for a school that is focused on STEMI this is DEFINITELY NOT IT!!!!! The staff is nice, caring and friendly but that isn't preparing my child for success. I'm very disappointed in management, it seems unfair to these children to attend a school that does not provide access to a curriculum that even poor performing schools provide. My child will definitely transfer at the end of the school year.

Posted April 04, 2014
This school has been an answer to prayers! All parents want the best for their children. They are at school a good portion of their lives and we want the best, safest, healthiest environment for them to feel secure and thrive in. This is what ICMS has provided for my daughter. She loves this school and they provide an at-home open atmosphere where children are first allowed to be children, and are also guided and educated to be prepared for high school, both academically and socially. I could not be more pleased to have my daughter at ICMS.

Posted October 29, 2013
I am a current student at ICMS, in 7th grade . All the teachers are absolutely amazing, they will help on anything really as long as you are there to learn it; they are there to teach it. They will step out of their way to help any student as much as possible. Mrs. Baker is an absolute amazing women, she will make sure everyone is on track working hard and being nice. Thats our school motto; "Work hard and be nice!" hope this is the kind of school you're looking for, it'll prepare you and everyone there will male sure you know the material that you need to understand. It truely is a wonderful school.
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 16, 2009
I love it at ICMS! My teachers are amazing! Also, when any student has trouble the teacher helps them one on one. Ms.Baker helps all the kids. One of my friends was having trouble making friends, so Ms.Baker asked some kids to come up with ideas to help. But we are only 6th graders! and she helped!
6 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted February 28, 2009
I am a former student of ICMS and I am so grateful that I made the decision to go there. I was in the graduating class of '07 and it was at this school that I made some of the best friends of my life thus far. My favorite part about this school is the part which I believe is the most important, the teachers. Every teacher at this school is extremely dedicated to their students academic career and life in general. The teachers were always extremely helpful, caring, and involved and I still return to visit them regularly. Mrs. Baker was one of the most amazing principals I have ever had because she is not only dedicated to the school, but she also helps students like myself with the many personal issues that can arise in middle school. ICMS is wonderful and i would reccomend it to anybody!

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted January 26, 2008
My name is Glenna Voegle, and I have taught at ICMS since it first opened. This is a truly wonderful school with wonderful people. I am proud to be part of such a dedicated group of individuals. Independence Charter Middle School helps set the standard for what other schools can be. We are all very proud of the efforts and progress everyone has made.

Independence Charter Middle School
3232 NW 65th St, Oklahoma City, OK  73116
Last modified Independence Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence Charter Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top