Posted April 04, 2014
This school has been an answer to prayers! All parents want the best for their children. They are at school a good portion of their lives and we want the best, safest, healthiest environment for them to feel secure and thrive in. This is what ICMS has provided for my daughter. She loves this school and they provide an at-home open atmosphere where children are first allowed to be children, and are also guided and educated to be prepared for high school, both academically and socially. I could not be more pleased to have my daughter at ICMS.

Posted October 29, 2013
I am a current student at ICMS, in 7th grade . All the teachers are absolutely amazing, they will help on anything really as long as you are there to learn it; they are there to teach it. They will step out of their way to help any student as much as possible. Mrs. Baker is an absolute amazing women, she will make sure everyone is on track working hard and being nice. Thats our school motto; "Work hard and be nice!" hope this is the kind of school you're looking for, it'll prepare you and everyone there will male sure you know the material that you need to understand. It truely is a wonderful school.

Posted October 16, 2009
I love it at ICMS! My teachers are amazing! Also, when any student has trouble the teacher helps them one on one. Ms.Baker helps all the kids. One of my friends was having trouble making friends, so Ms.Baker asked some kids to come up with ideas to help. But we are only 6th graders! and she helped!

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted February 28, 2009
I am a former student of ICMS and I am so grateful that I made the decision to go there. I was in the graduating class of '07 and it was at this school that I made some of the best friends of my life thus far. My favorite part about this school is the part which I believe is the most important, the teachers. Every teacher at this school is extremely dedicated to their students academic career and life in general. The teachers were always extremely helpful, caring, and involved and I still return to visit them regularly. Mrs. Baker was one of the most amazing principals I have ever had because she is not only dedicated to the school, but she also helps students like myself with the many personal issues that can arise in middle school. ICMS is wonderful and i would reccomend it to anybody!

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted January 26, 2008
My name is Glenna Voegle, and I have taught at ICMS since it first opened. This is a truly wonderful school with wonderful people. I am proud to be part of such a dedicated group of individuals. Independence Charter Middle School helps set the standard for what other schools can be. We are all very proud of the efforts and progress everyone has made.

Posted January 11, 2008
My name is Yingying Keefe. I am Juan Keefe's wife, and I see that he recently rated Independence Charter Miccle School as an excellent one. My husband is definitely right, as Independence Charter Middle School is indeed full of bright students and supportive parents. My husband and I are both teachers, and we know excellent teachers when we see them. If you're looking for some of the best ones around, you need look no further than ICMS! The superintendent there, Mrs. Vana Baker, is also one of the best around. In fact, my husband, Juan, has told me many times how she and a principal in El Paso, Texas, Mr. Johnnie Vega, tie as the best two administrators in the entire United States! Send your kids to ICMS! It's the best!

Posted January 05, 2008
Independence Charter Middle is by far the best middle school in Oklahoma! Its teachers are absolutely exceptional, and its administrator is the best in the whole state. The scholars here can really have an opportunity to learn, and this school sets a wonderful example for other schools worldwife. There are relatively few discipline problems, and I would gladly send my own kids there if they were old enough to attend.

Posted December 17, 2007
The Staff and Prinicpal are so caring about their students sucess. They go the extra step to help the students everyday! We have been very blessed to have our son attend ICMS and drive across town everyday so that he can!

Independence Charter Middle School
3232 NW 65th St, Oklahoma City, OK  73116
Last modified Independence Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independence Charter Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top