Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They will put you to work ASAP. No baby feeding you but they are willing to help you always

Amount of homework: Disagree

Because we have homework everyday, but its worth it! It takes a lot of time from your life but its worth it

Harding is a great high school experience! I recommend this school to every upcoming high school student!

Harding Charter Prep has been ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the number one school in Oklahoma. As a parent I can attest that this is an accurate ranking. I have two children one of which graduated HCP with 36 hours of college credit! The school is tuition free and better than any of the private schools in the area! This school saved our family so much time. I have never met a more hard working administration and faculty!

Harding Charter Prep is an awesome place to be! I love the fact that all of my teachers care and are really interested in me going to college. A lot of my friends also go to Harding and they are all different. It is different and unique because that is something that would not be common at some other public schools, trust me I actually went through a little bullying at another school but here at Harding I feel at home and the faculty and administration here all show they really care. Yes, we have a lot of homework and you have to do a lot of studying to keep your grades up but you learn how to write notes correctly and study to comprehend and maintain the material. Besides, it will all pay off in the long run. I would not want to go to any other school!

This is a weird school. They do not say the pledge of allegiance and it's a public school. There are no American flags in the classrooms. No teacher phones or buttons to call the office in the classrooms. Excessive note taking requirements. There are not many electives or clubs available. Weak special ed program only one special ed teacher for the entire school which is not enough. Students are required to take classes that are too difficult for their skills set. It's a better environment than other city districts but in my personal opinion the Edmond, deer creek, Yukon and mustang public school districts are much better than this school.

I am a student at HCP and this school has robbed me of my youth. They discourage all creativity and uniqueness. While the classes are educational and may help me with college, the workload is unbearable. I have a job, and juggling the two results in a maximum of five hours of sleep per night and absolutely no time with friends. Some of the staff is caring, but many teachers only care about getting you to pass the AP test and could care less about if you are really learning or enjoying yourself. I recommend that prospecting students choose a regular public high school and take advanced classes and do well there than go to HCP where your grades will fall, scholarships will seem unachievable, and having fun just isn't an option. I love the idea Harding represents but it has made me miserable and I regret going there with all of my being.

I am the parent of 3 HCP graduates and we have been there since very close to the beginning. While not perfect (no place is) it is as close as any high school in OKC gets. The academics are solid with teachers who really do care about the student. It is possible to call and actually talk with the administrators/teachers and they know who you are. Parental involvement is actually encouraged instead discouraged like at most high schools (I don't care what they say in the media, most high schools want the parents to leave them alone) and your constructive input is welcome. The parent group is active and has significantly contributed to the physical upkeep and repair of the school. It is a nice, nerdy school where the emphasis is on academics and bullying is just not tolerated by the students - the few times it started the other students just shut it down. All 3 of mine are now at top name out of state universities and are doing well. The writing teachers have all told them to thank their HS English teachers for making them so well prepared. I cannot recommend HCP highly enough!

I am currently a senior at HCP. I started going to Harding as a freshman because I knew the high school I was going to attend wouldn't be challenging enough. I found it very difficult to keep my grades up the first year because I had never experienced having to work hard for something. Harding taught me that you can't have things handed to you if you want to succeed. The teachers have been very helpful with personal issues. I have had trouble with peer pressure and they have kept me on the right track. They know every student on a personal level and a teacher's biggest concern is a student's safety and success. I have never had an incident where a teacher has bullied me but I may add that if a student respects a teacher, then a teacher will respect the student. Parents that feel their kid is being worked too hard are right: THEY ARE. Its worth it in the long run though, so stick it out. As to give the school a bad rating for being challenging? Well, that is just plain silly. Isn't that what schools are for; push our educational limits? HCP didn't become ranked #68 in the nation for not pushing the limits. This is hands down the best school in Oklahoma as well as one of USA's best.

The academics are decent, considering the state of education today. However, we pulled our child out because of bullying from a teacher that was allowed to continue.

Last modified Harding Charter Preparatory High School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.