No rating

Providence Hall

Private | PK-8

Living in Oklahoma City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $190,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted January 14, 2011

Great school! Our family has been more than pleased with the education our children are receiving.

Posted January 14, 2011

This school prepares students for college- but is more than a prep school; as it prepares students to be life learners. It is a Christian school but more than a religious institution; yet every subject is taught in the knowledge of Christ. It is classical- yet more than schooling students in Greek and Latin. Providence Hall covers all disciplines in the classical tradition while educating everyday students in an extraordinary way. I am constantly asked is this a school for the highly gifted? For the elite? Absolutely not, although, the education received here at this school is first class. Our family wholeheartedly recommends Providence Hall.

Posted January 13, 2011

Outstanding accelerated curriculum in a Christian environment. The children begin formal Latin studies in 3rd grade along with the other traditional disciplines. If a child is behind at another school after being educated here; this child would be an exception, and there would certainly be other issues at play and a parent would need to investigate other reasons for this. The students at Providence Hall quickly surpass their age mates in knowledge, conduct of character, wisdom, college preparedness. Once you visit this school and witness the students for yourself; there will be no question of the caliber of education offered at this school. Highly recommended!

Posted January 13, 2011

If ever given the opportunity to educate your child classically.. jump in with both feet! It is a fascinating way to learn and you will find yourself yearning to have been classically educated yourselves.

Posted September 10, 2009

I resent the comment about robots and perfect little children only attending PH. My family loves PH - my children get up everyday ready to go to school and they come home just fine. I believe that respect, manners, and discipline begin in the home. The school shows consistence in discipline and 'yes' the children are expected to follow rules. Real life expects you to follow rules and some rules and you don't totally agree with, but living in this society, you must follow. The best time to start these teachings should actually start before the age of 5. As parents, you must access what is best for your child and PH is not for everyone. Structure, order, manners, and respect must come from all sides of the teaching structure. Sometimes we need to look within and maybe the answer to our questions, worries and hates reside right there.

Posted September 4, 2009

When we enrolled our 4 yr old at Providence Hall for pre-k we expected great things! Our expectations were quickly met and then exceeded. One rainy morning during the first semester of school I spotted a rainbow in the sky & asked my daughter if she remembered why the rainbow was significant in God s Word. She readily replied that it was God s promise to never again flood the world. I wanted her to key in on the word covenant and make sure that she could connect the word 'covenant' and rainbow. So I added emphatically, The rainbow is God s covenant. Do you know what a covenant is? I was hoping that she would then tell me a covenant was a promise but I could have never anticipated her fruitful reply: A covenant is a relationship that God establishes with us and guarantees by His word. WOW! Way to go PH!

Posted September 4, 2009

Our young daughter has attended Providence Hall for 3 years. We have been completely impressed with the knowledge and Christ centered foundation that this fantastic school has imparted to our daughter. Recently, I was helping after school, with several other parents & students to set up for one of the school wide feasts. My daughter and 2 other classmates were joyfully setting the tables; working together as a team. As they moved along each row of table and chairs laying out silverware at each place, they were reciting the Lord's prayer in Latin and reciting several Bible scriptures together in unison- naturally and of their own accord without anyone's prompting. There is no adequate way to express the joy that it gave me to see our daughter growing up gracefully in the Lord with the confidence to recite His Word amongst her classmates- Providence Hall is beyond excellent!

Posted September 3, 2009

My daughter has attended Providence Hall for 4 years. After looking at the curriculum and meeting the staff, I knew I would like the school, but I could not have imagined how much the whole family would come to truly LOVE it. My daughter has thrived and learned more than I knew was possible. Every teacher she's had has been marvelous. Her intellectual and spiritual growth has soared at Providence Hall. I love that they teach manners and hold their students to high standards. Providence Hall has been a blessing to our lives in so many ways...scholastically, spiritually, building friendships, and much more.

Posted September 2, 2009

Wow! What a great concept that a school holds their students to high standards. PH teachers model respect of others to all ages. Our children are thriving in the structured environment. There is never confusion about expectations. If a child is continually disruptive & the behavior is not corrected then under extreme situations the school could choose not to re-enroll them. The curriculum can be intense at times. The teachers are dedicated 150% to each child's success. Our children love their teachers and school. The new school building is wonderful too! For parents looking into a private school education PH is a great school to consider. On the other hand, if you have issues with strict adherence of basic courtesy & respect being taught to your child then jump out of the line quickly & run like the devil. Cause this is not the school for you. Happy school hunting & remember to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you to the right school for your child. You can never go wrong listening to Him.

Posted May 26, 2009

I would not recommend this school to anyone if your child is not perfect. This school wants only children that fit a specific mold. If your child is not the type to sit still and not speak until spoken too, then this is not the school for you. This school only wants little robot children who walk in a specific line or they get sent to the principals office. There are too many rules that a small child can not be expected to follow at the age of 5.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACCS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1120 East Hefner Road