PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted February 05, 2016
My family has had a great experience in the 8 years we have been a part of Messiah Lutheran School! We love the small class sizes that allow our children to get one on one attention from their teachers. The staff at Messiah are caring and good Christian role models for my children. We really like that bulling is not tolerated. The friendships that have been made at this school will last them a life time! The school staff has always been open and cooperative whenever there was a situation that needed attention. Messiah Lutheran School is like a big extended family. I highly recommend it!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 05, 2016
Thank you for treating kids fairly...even the ones who've had to spend some time in your office!

Posted February 05, 2016
This school has been an amazing place for my children! We've been part of Messiah for three years now, and I am very pleased. Both my kids have benefited academically and socially from the smaller class sizes and caring attitudes of the teachers and staff. I love the fact that the principal greets stands at the door each morning and greets every student by name--you don't see that in larger schools. I also like the fact that the students participate in several community service events throughout the year...what a wonderful way to teach our children to show Christ's love to everyone!

Messiah Lutheran School 2

Posted January 22, 2016
My personal experience is there is no leadership and this filters down to the classrooms and the children. Teachers all seem unhappy and take it out of their students. Although they claim to be a Christian School there is no reflection of that in the manner they handle issues. Neither the teachers or the students are carry themselves in the manner you would expect from a Christian School you are paying for your children to attend.

Messiah Lutheran School 1

Posted March 13, 2013
I went to this school a couple of years ago, i'm sure much haven't changed since then. some of the kids wanted to be bullies,but the teacers were the actual bullies in my case. If there was a problem a couple of the teachers would get involved, it had nothing to do with them or their class room. At lunch i would hear the staff discussing parents personal problems which i didn't think was good. I also had to run laps even though my medical report stated otherwise. for me this was more like a public school, THINK TWICE BEFORE SENDING YOUR KIDS HERE.

Posted March 11, 2013
This is our 2nd year at MLS and I am sorry to be late on posting my review. There is something to be said when your children enjoy going to school and don't fight to stay home (went through this at our previous school). The teachers are always approachable, easy to reach and the principal wonderful. After searching and visting several local Christian based schools, we agreed this was the best around and almost 2 years later, we are still just as happy. There is no perfect school or teacher as there is no perfect student but when a problem does arise, I have the faith and confidence in the faculty to address and resolve the problem. I know both kids are getting a good education and are happy and this makes me one thankful momma!

Posted January 10, 2013
I have multiple children currently attending Messiah Lutheran School and while looking at this website, I was shocked to see the poor review dated May 23, 2012. Messiah is a very christian school and I believe the excellent word of mouth reputation to be a legitimate reputation. I have experienced nothing but great attitudes and feelings towards my kids. To say that there is something going on behind closed doors is just crazy, apparently this person never spent time at the school or in their child's classroom which is a travesty in and of itself. The claim about the donation bowl being passed around during children's chapel needs to be clarified. The money collected goes to a designated charity every year and the children are not forced or even expected to donate. This is merely an opportunity for the children to feel a part of donating to a charity. This is a common theme among the school in that they teach the kids to give, in whatever means they are capable of. This is an important lesson in life. Overall, I give the school a very high ranking and plan to continue my children's education at Messiah Lutheran School.

Messiah Lutheran School 1

Posted May 23, 2012
This will be my childs first and last year at Messiah..As a proud parent I was deluded by the fact this is a private christian school and it had an excellent word of mouth throughout Okc...Going on blind faith and being reared in private schools myself..I figured this would be an excellent choice..Sadly enough at the end of this school year I witnessed my child being bullied by other classmates. My child wanting approval and friends his first year of school tolerated it and didn't tell me the full the extent of his classmates behavior and other grades until I witnessed it. The school has chosen to only address the bullying or other behavioral issues during school hours only by having the child or children run laps I found out. It saddens me this not addressed outside of school by the administration communicating a resolve with the families. I am concerned this is being covered up to protect the families who donate money to the school, the church, and their reputation. I was discouraged by the fact they passed around the donation bowl during childrens chapel within the student body K-5. Behind close doors there is more than meets the eye. Be concerned!!

Posted January 20, 2011
This school is an *excellent* choice for anyone looking for a Christ-centered and accredited education. I am a student here and have been since 2nd grade and I still love it! This school has great faculty, and puts Christ and the kids first, at the same time! There is also a great student body, from which I'll remember most about it. This school has made a huge difference in my life, and will be remembered in my heart throughout it.

Posted May 20, 2010
excellent academics, personal attention, small class size

3600 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK  73112
Last modified Messiah Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8