Oklahoma City, OK

Messiah Lutheran School 1

Posted March 13, 2013
I went to this school a couple of years ago, i'm sure much haven't changed since then. some of the kids wanted to be bullies,but the teacers were the actual bullies in my case. If there was a problem a couple of the teachers would get involved, it had nothing to do with them or their class room. At lunch i would hear the staff discussing parents personal problems which i didn't think was good. I also had to run laps even though my medical report stated otherwise. for me this was more like a public school, THINK TWICE BEFORE SENDING YOUR KIDS HERE.

Posted March 11, 2013
This is our 2nd year at MLS and I am sorry to be late on posting my review. There is something to be said when your children enjoy going to school and don't fight to stay home (went through this at our previous school). The teachers are always approachable, easy to reach and the principal wonderful. After searching and visting several local Christian based schools, we agreed this was the best around and almost 2 years later, we are still just as happy. There is no perfect school or teacher as there is no perfect student but when a problem does arise, I have the faith and confidence in the faculty to address and resolve the problem. I know both kids are getting a good education and are happy and this makes me one thankful momma!

Posted January 10, 2013
I have multiple children currently attending Messiah Lutheran School and while looking at this website, I was shocked to see the poor review dated May 23, 2012. Messiah is a very christian school and I believe the excellent word of mouth reputation to be a legitimate reputation. I have experienced nothing but great attitudes and feelings towards my kids. To say that there is something going on behind closed doors is just crazy, apparently this person never spent time at the school or in their child's classroom which is a travesty in and of itself. The claim about the donation bowl being passed around during children's chapel needs to be clarified. The money collected goes to a designated charity every year and the children are not forced or even expected to donate. This is merely an opportunity for the children to feel a part of donating to a charity. This is a common theme among the school in that they teach the kids to give, in whatever means they are capable of. This is an important lesson in life. Overall, I give the school a very high ranking and plan to continue my children's education at Messiah Lutheran School.

Messiah Lutheran School 1

Posted May 23, 2012
This will be my childs first and last year at Messiah..As a proud parent I was deluded by the fact this is a private christian school and it had an excellent word of mouth throughout Okc...Going on blind faith and being reared in private schools myself..I figured this would be an excellent choice..Sadly enough at the end of this school year I witnessed my child being bullied by other classmates. My child wanting approval and friends his first year of school tolerated it and didn't tell me the full the extent of his classmates behavior and other grades until I witnessed it. The school has chosen to only address the bullying or other behavioral issues during school hours only by having the child or children run laps I found out. It saddens me this not addressed outside of school by the administration communicating a resolve with the families. I am concerned this is being covered up to protect the families who donate money to the school, the church, and their reputation. I was discouraged by the fact they passed around the donation bowl during childrens chapel within the student body K-5. Behind close doors there is more than meets the eye. Be concerned!!

Posted January 20, 2011
This school is an *excellent* choice for anyone looking for a Christ-centered and accredited education. I am a student here and have been since 2nd grade and I still love it! This school has great faculty, and puts Christ and the kids first, at the same time! There is also a great student body, from which I'll remember most about it. This school has made a huge difference in my life, and will be remembered in my heart throughout it.

Messiah Lutheran School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
excellent academics, personal attention, small class size

Posted May 16, 2007

Posted January 23, 2007
I am sending my Kindergartner here and we love it. We actually go up to 6th grade now, and we're growing all the time. The teachers really care and the principal is awesome. They offer many extra studies, ie. Spanish, art, music and what they call 'clubs' it is a special class that they have once a week where they learn special skills, they switch each quarter and mix the grades up, For example, my son has had his cooking club with other children from each grade. I think this is a wonderful idea, it gives the smaller children someone to look up to and gives the older children a chance to set a good example to the younger ones. This school really puts an emphasis on the love that God has for each one of us as a special individual. I highly recommend this school.

Messiah Lutheran School
3600 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK  73112
Last modified Messiah Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Messiah Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top