Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 04, 2016
I am a parent of two children at Dove for four years. Teachers are caring and very good. I really appreciate them seeing the potential and try to engage the students to give and do their best in school work and extracurricular activities. They both are Girl Scouts, their troop leader is amazing. They learn to play viola in music club and they have archery club, art club and everything you want for your child to have at their school. Admins are easy to reach. Yes Dove is more strict comparing to other schools but you can tell this works positively to keep them focused on their education, the reason for them being there. I highly recommend. Special thanks to Mrs. Shima, Mrs. Albright, Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Oursborn, Mrs. Akkus, Coach Bley, Mrs. Jarvis, Ms. Rowland.

Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc)
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I like to say a special Thank you to Mrs. Candyce Shima. She taught my two kids at Dove and is still teaching one of them. Mrs. Shima has everything that you want a teacher to have. She is kind and patient, she finds a fun way to teach as a second grade teacher. Kids adore and respect her. She contacts to parents to involve them in the students education and inform them almost everyday on the pick up lane if necessary. She is one caring teacher. She is the best. I hope she always be a teacher.

Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc) 2

Posted February 16, 2015
I read reviews. There are some rules parents are not too pleased with. Can you elaborate on this issue and explain which rules and why they are not pleased with them. Considering enrolling children, but want answers to this. Thank you BJWillis

Posted April 17, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Dove and I have enjoyed the entire experience. The cirriculum challenges her. Also, the teachers and staff are always friendly and helpful.

Posted April 15, 2014
The curriculum at this school is great. There are some rules I do not agree with. However I had a nephew that transferred out of the school, and when he went to public schools it was a complete waste of time, because he already knew what they were teaching him. My kids are there to learn, a little strictness is not gong to kill anyone. Sure they might go over board, with some of them, but the main thing is our kids learn, and they excel. Maybe parents should be involved more, and help the teachers out a little.

Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc) 4

Posted April 15, 2014
I currently have 2 children attending Dove and a 3rd next school year and I love it for my children, they are smart girls and the curriculum and stern teaching works out just perfect for them it teaches them to be responsible and strive to do their best. I have a great relationship with my girls teachers and I am able to contact them for anything concerning my children. My child has been on the A' Honor roll since she stared there 4yrs ago my second child has all A's as well. Although I do wish they had a bigger facility for the students and I don't agree with all of the rules, there are some I would like to change but nothing major. I recommend this school to anyone who listens but, I do say its not for all kids or parents.

Posted April 15, 2014
My child has excelled greatly since it attending this school! I look forward to my kindergartner starting next year! I am excited to see my children success in their academic future. The teachers and staff are dedicated to seeing each child succeed!

Posted September 26, 2013
dove is the best school ,teachers are so nice and good people, when we need help,they always help ,my daugther has better grades she is happy and work very hard to be a better person thankyou dove staff

Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc) 3

Posted March 26, 2012
My kids have been going to this school since they opened and I used to love this school. Now I feel that all they care about is trying to make their school look good and the kids that need help are not getting the help they need. They really need a better 4th grade math teacher who can teach them in a way that they undrestand all kids learn different but all she does is tell people her credentials and its her way or she fails them thats not right this school has just been going down every year losing all the good teachers and replacing them with these stuck up ones.We're getting new principals every year so just when you get used to them they end up leaving. It's so sad this school had so much potential I used to be proud to say my kids went here.

Posted February 20, 2012
Dove is one of the best schools that are available in Oklahoma city. Here my son has learned at a high academic level than ever before. He is encouraged by his teachers and all supporting staff to do well and try harder for his goals. I am one happy parent and am very grateful that these schools exist.

Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc)
4901 North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK  73105
Last modified Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc) is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.