Bad
Good

I am a parent of two children at Dove for four years. Teachers are caring and very good. I really appreciate them seeing the potential and try to engage the students to give and do their best in school work and extracurricular activities. They both are Girl Scouts, their troop leader is amazing. They learn to play viola in music club and they have archery club, art club and everything you want for your child to have at their school. Admins are easy to reach. Yes Dove is more strict comparing to other schools but you can tell this works positively to keep them focused on their education, the reason for them being there. I highly recommend. Special thanks to Mrs. Shima, Mrs. Albright, Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Oursborn, Mrs. Akkus, Coach Bley, Mrs. Jarvis, Ms. Rowland.

I read reviews. There are some rules parents are not too pleased with. Can you elaborate on this issue and explain which rules and why they are not pleased with them. Considering enrolling children, but want answers to this. Thank you BJWillis

This is my daughter's first year at Dove and I have enjoyed the entire experience. The cirriculum challenges her. Also, the teachers and staff are always friendly and helpful.

The curriculum at this school is great. There are some rules I do not agree with. However I had a nephew that transferred out of the school, and when he went to public schools it was a complete waste of time, because he already knew what they were teaching him. My kids are there to learn, a little strictness is not gong to kill anyone. Sure they might go over board, with some of them, but the main thing is our kids learn, and they excel. Maybe parents should be involved more, and help the teachers out a little.

I currently have 2 children attending Dove and a 3rd next school year and I love it for my children, they are smart girls and the curriculum and stern teaching works out just perfect for them it teaches them to be responsible and strive to do their best. I have a great relationship with my girls teachers and I am able to contact them for anything concerning my children. My child has been on the A' Honor roll since she stared there 4yrs ago my second child has all A's as well. Although I do wish they had a bigger facility for the students and I don't agree with all of the rules, there are some I would like to change but nothing major. I recommend this school to anyone who listens but, I do say its not for all kids or parents.

My child has excelled greatly since it attending this school! I look forward to my kindergartner starting next year! I am excited to see my children success in their academic future. The teachers and staff are dedicated to seeing each child succeed!

dove is the best school ,teachers are so nice and good people, when we need help,they always help ,my daugther has better grades she is happy and work very hard to be a better person thankyou dove staff

My kids have been going to this school since they opened and I used to love this school. Now I feel that all they care about is trying to make their school look good and the kids that need help are not getting the help they need. They really need a better 4th grade math teacher who can teach them in a way that they undrestand all kids learn different but all she does is tell people her credentials and its her way or she fails them thats not right this school has just been going down every year losing all the good teachers and replacing them with these stuck up ones.We're getting new principals every year so just when you get used to them they end up leaving. It's so sad this school had so much potential I used to be proud to say my kids went here.

Dove is one of the best schools that are available in Oklahoma city. Here my son has learned at a high academic level than ever before. He is encouraged by his teachers and all supporting staff to do well and try harder for his goals. I am one happy parent and am very grateful that these schools exist.

I moved my child from Nichols Hills Elementary to Dove and we have not looked back. There is community and diversity. The teachers are into education. My daughter is is 4th grade and my niece is in K. Our families are happy.

Last modified Dove Science Academy Elementary (Okc) is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.