Oklahoma City, OK

Posted May 29, 2014
My name is Timothy Bugh and I went to barnes my entire elementary experience from 4th on up and it was the greatest experience to date of my life the teachers where awsome the counselor was the greatest and everything was wholesome!

Posted September 20, 2012
Both of my children attend Barnes and our family loves this school. The teachers go beyond teaching basic academics and seek to work with each child as an individual at their skill level. This is also a school that values students as good citizens. Respect for self, respect for elders, and good manners are practiced by everyone at the school and it shows in the attitude and behavior of the students. The amount of PTA involvement is amazing and the school benefits each year from community support. I wouldn't want my kids to be at any other school in the Mid-Del district.

Posted September 06, 2012
We LOVE Barnes!! The teachers and faculty are wonderful, amazing, upstanding role models. We currently have 2 children in the school, and 1 that attended 1st-5th grade. We love the fact that the teachers stick for a long time, so we have grown relationships with most of them, making our experience so much better. Thanks Barnes Bluejays for always being the best!!

Posted July 23, 2011
BARNES is a fabulous school! The PRINCIPAL (correct spelling) is amazing. She works very hard each day to make sure her students and teachers are safe. The faculty is positive and very much involved in all aspects. The climate of the school is exceptional. The office ladies are helpful and welcoming. My children LOVE Barnes Elementary and so do I (you should always capitalize I).

Barnes Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2011
I was a student at this school and I can tell you by first hand experience that this school only caters to those that it sees excelling. if your an average student with b's and c's you have no chance of getting any help from the so called "great" teachers. but I will agree that Mrs. Finley is awesome, she has been there forever. And as far as the principal is concerned she is an obnoxious woman, that never should have been made principal at all, the principal before her was much better and actually cared about the students.

Posted March 03, 2011
Barnes has excellent teachers, and a terrific program for gifted students that outshines most private schools. We have also been very pleased with the music dept. and the chess club. The PTA is a little stale but parents and teachers actively participate nonetheless. We considered many private schools as well as other public schools and are happy with Barnes.

Barnes Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2010
I TO FEEL LIKE THIS IS A PROBLEM AND A FEW TEACHERS THERE ARE VERY RUDE AND SPITFULL AT MY KIDS EXPENSE I BELIEVE THAT IT IS TIME FOR A NEW PRINCIPLE AND SOME TEACHERS SHOULD BE UNDER A CLOSE REVIEW BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT GET HURT IS OUR CHILDREN.....

Posted July 31, 2009
Barnes is an excellent school. There is room for improvement but overall, excellent.

Posted July 28, 2009
Wonderful school. Our daughter started Pre-K there last year and loved every minute of it. Mrs.Finley is one of the best teachers ever.

Barnes Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2009

Barnes Elementary School
10551 Southeast 59th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73150
Last modified Barnes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top