Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

I don't feel like they favor any student over another. I think all disciplinary matters are handled appropriately. If there is a trouble maker, they make sure to take care of the problem that way they are not disrupting class or harming any other student. All rules apply equally to every student.

My daughter loves Barnes and the Staff is very friendly! My husband also went to Barnes when he was a kid!

Our granddaughter is in first grade at Barnes. She also attended Kindergarten there. Her experience has been wonderful. She loves school, her teachers, and friends. She has great pride in her school and looks forward to all of the activities Barnes has to maintain that pride.

We love the small scale of the school. It allows for a more personal feel. The new principal is keeping the tradition of pride in oneself and one's school and community alive. The teachers we have had experience with have all been wonderful. I feel like my daughter is getting a great foundation for later success as a result of her time at Barnes.

Develops character: Strongly agree

One of the school's mottos is: Blue Jays do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

My name is Timothy Bugh and I went to barnes my entire elementary experience from 4th on up and it was the greatest experience to date of my life the teachers where awsome the counselor was the greatest and everything was wholesome!

Both of my children attend Barnes and our family loves this school. The teachers go beyond teaching basic academics and seek to work with each child as an individual at their skill level. This is also a school that values students as good citizens. Respect for self, respect for elders, and good manners are practiced by everyone at the school and it shows in the attitude and behavior of the students. The amount of PTA involvement is amazing and the school benefits each year from community support. I wouldn't want my kids to be at any other school in the Mid-Del district.

We LOVE Barnes!! The teachers and faculty are wonderful, amazing, upstanding role models. We currently have 2 children in the school, and 1 that attended 1st-5th grade. We love the fact that the teachers stick for a long time, so we have grown relationships with most of them, making our experience so much better. Thanks Barnes Bluejays for always being the best!!

BARNES is a fabulous school! The PRINCIPAL (correct spelling) is amazing. She works very hard each day to make sure her students and teachers are safe. The faculty is positive and very much involved in all aspects. The climate of the school is exceptional. The office ladies are helpful and welcoming. My children LOVE Barnes Elementary and so do I (you should always capitalize I).

I was a student at this school and I can tell you by first hand experience that this school only caters to those that it sees excelling. if your an average student with b's and c's you have no chance of getting any help from the so called "great" teachers. but I will agree that Mrs. Finley is awesome, she has been there forever. And as far as the principal is concerned she is an obnoxious woman, that never should have been made principal at all, the principal before her was much better and actually cared about the students.

Last modified Barnes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.