Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2016
I don't feel like they favor any student over another. I think all disciplinary matters are handled appropriately. If there is a trouble maker, they make sure to take care of the problem that way they are not disrupting class or harming any other student. All rules apply equally to every student.

Posted July 10, 2016
My daughter loves Barnes and the Staff is very friendly! My husband also went to Barnes when he was a kid!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
Mrs Rupe, you are an inspiration on how to make children feel good about themselves and love to come to school.

Posted November 24, 2015
Our granddaughter is in first grade at Barnes. She also attended Kindergarten there. Her experience has been wonderful. She loves school, her teachers, and friends. She has great pride in her school and looks forward to all of the activities Barnes has to maintain that pride.

Posted November 24, 2015
We love the small scale of the school. It allows for a more personal feel. The new principal is keeping the tradition of pride in oneself and one's school and community alive. The teachers we have had experience with have all been wonderful. I feel like my daughter is getting a great foundation for later success as a result of her time at Barnes.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
Our daughter is in first grade now, and we have had such a wonderful experience at Barnes with the teachers, staff, and principal. This year, I would like to thank Mrs. Rupe for being such a wonderful example of what a caring and compassionate teacher looks like. She is so highly regarded by students and parents, past and present. Thanks you, Mrs. Rupe for everything you do for our daughter.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
One of the school's mottos is: Blue Jays do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

Posted May 29, 2014
My name is Timothy Bugh and I went to barnes my entire elementary experience from 4th on up and it was the greatest experience to date of my life the teachers where awsome the counselor was the greatest and everything was wholesome!

Posted September 20, 2012
Both of my children attend Barnes and our family loves this school. The teachers go beyond teaching basic academics and seek to work with each child as an individual at their skill level. This is also a school that values students as good citizens. Respect for self, respect for elders, and good manners are practiced by everyone at the school and it shows in the attitude and behavior of the students. The amount of PTA involvement is amazing and the school benefits each year from community support. I wouldn't want my kids to be at any other school in the Mid-Del district.

Posted September 06, 2012
We LOVE Barnes!! The teachers and faculty are wonderful, amazing, upstanding role models. We currently have 2 children in the school, and 1 that attended 1st-5th grade. We love the fact that the teachers stick for a long time, so we have grown relationships with most of them, making our experience so much better. Thanks Barnes Bluejays for always being the best!!

10551 Southeast 59th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73150
Last modified Barnes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.