Posted May 17, 2014
This school has many accomplishments both in academics and sports which speak for themselves. Fantastic reputation as being a great school!

Posted May 10, 2014
I am currently a sophmore at Carl Albert and first let me just say that the person who wrote the review talking about things like how everything costs so much, and how you have to wait for 2 hours in line and provide so many things just to get your schedule and about how students are constantly charged to see all the play and any other entertainment assembly and Carl Albert really not being a big deal except for their sports team is absolutely right and couldn't have said it any better. Carl Albert is honestly nothing more than average. This school does absolutely care too much about their sport programs which is sad because most our sports team aren"t even that good. This school is also ridicolously strict. There are teachers who are constantly getting onto students about everything from where you stand in the hallways in the mornings to where you can eat at lunch. it's pretty stupid. Most of the teachers here dont even teach and i often find myself in class just sitting around. Carl Albert is just completely overrated and maybe be better than other schools in the area but still not that great in its own right.

Posted August 22, 2013
CAH is the best school in mid del district and wonderful teachers who are willing to help students.

Posted August 08, 2013
I'd love to brag on this school, I mean, it has all of the 5 star qualities for being the State Champs of this or that, but I've come to find, for it being a FREE public school, it sure costs our family a tremendous amount of money, and don't get me started on the 2 hours of standing in a line proving you're a resident and them keeping your financial information (why would they need my private info Lease/Mortgage and two current utility bills). I understand verifying it, but keeping it is another thing. Beginning of the year last year we paid just under $300 for all the set ups of their activities, all clubs cost, plus shirts, arts are charged for supplies being used, plus what you're required to supply, rentals on instruments used at the school - I could go on. Students are charged for seeing the school's plays and entertainment type assemblies, if they can't pay - they have to stay in study hall. We've never been nickled and dimed so much before in our life. Though my kids have loved most of their teachers, we've really been lost as to what the big deal IS about this school other than the sports & pom team. Socially a big clique between parents, with no interaction at all.

Posted March 08, 2012
As a former student of CA, I look back on my high school experience as nothing particularly good or bad. Sports seemed to garner a majority of the attention, effectively quashing any other extracurriculars. This left me feeling a bit short-changed, given that I was not an athlete, and that I knew other schools had many more options and opportunities outside the athletic realm.

Posted March 22, 2011
Great for Sports. They are not all about that. Teachers want all to succeed. Like every school Jocks and Cheerleaders get much favorable treatment.

Carl Albert High School 1

Posted March 19, 2011
Only send your kids here if they are jocks, or cheerleaders, or 4,0 GPA. if they do not have these qualities then this the wrong school for them. Carl Albert is to best put a name on it "a prep school". It caters to those that made the winning touchdown in football game, or the one that made cheer captain. This school cares nothing about it's musical department, or its academics (unless you are a strait A student). Do not waste your time with this school, FIND ANOTHER !

Posted October 14, 2009
I attended CAHS since my sophomore year and I love it. I do feel, however, that the faculty does focus a bit too much on athletics rather than general education and fine arts.

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted May 02, 2009

Carl Albert High School
2009 South Post Road, Oklahoma City, OK  73130
Last modified Carl Albert High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl Albert High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top