Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The staff is wonderful. The teachers are great! My children really love going there. We have never had an issue.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I was dropping off the kids at school one morning and there was this little girl just crying her eyes out. The principal Mr. Hill came up to her and asked her what was wrong, she said she left her backpack on the bus. Mr. Hill took off running after the bus that had left the school, he stopped the driver at the stop sign and got the girl backpack. He brought it back to her and he went on with his day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have had all my children here. Two of my children are in middle school now and my youngest still attends Epperly, so I have met a lot of the teachers. I like the way they will call you if they need to, you can call them if you need to, if you have a question they will try and help.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have indeed witnessed the staff working with students (mine included) in various situations, advising children on the importance of honesty & integrity.

My experience over the last 3+ years has been excellent. The curriculum is on & sometimes above target. I have dealt with staff in the lunch room, the office, library, as well as the teachers, asdt. principal and the principal, Mr Hill. I have always been treated courteously and never made to to feel any of my concerns were trivial. I am the grandparent of 2 special needs children and I must say I have received great support from both the asst. principal as well as the principal. We as parents need to remember that good schooling starts at home and if we interact respectfully with the school staff, we can accomplish most things together. I give this school and its staff two thumbs up! Keep up the good work....Kudos!

I went there yesterday to talk with them about getting an emergency transfer for my two children. I'm in a wheelchair and my mother helps me by taking them to and from school. While talking with them about everything one of the ladies in the office looked me over seeing I'm in a wheelchair and asked me if I conceidered giving my Children up. I was shocked what I was hearing and answered No! She replied back in saying someone in my situation should really conceider giving my rights as a parent up to someone else. REALLY?!? Just because I'm in a wheelchair?! I can do everything any other parent does and I take care of my children. If she don't like the fact that I rely on my mom driving I'm more then happy to let her buy me some hand controls and everything I need. Someone in a school that tells someone in a wheelchair to give away their kids just because they can't walk should not be working with children!

I went and enrolled my youngest daughter in pre-k here yesterday. I was very impressed with how organized, and fast the process was.

This school must've really made a change for the better since the reviews i've read dated in 2009. Mr Hill is still the principal & pretty much knows every child by name. My 2 boys attend here & they love it, and all the teachers i've interacted with are great!! Go Epperly Heights!!!

I think that this is a wonderful school. The teachers really care about the students and want them to do their best. My daughter was in kindergarten at Epperly and she loved it.

this schools faculty turns a blind eye to bullies and treats it as if the child picked on is the offender. even in first grade there are small gangs forming and from the classroom to the playground they do not keep an eye on the children unless they speak out of turn. My son is there at this point but I am pulling him out because of the staff ignoring all my concerns, they pretend to listen to you and then nothing is done to change things. there will always be racism everywhere and its all over that school. the way that school is reflects the community and that is the ghetto. Its a sad day when a child gets bullied right infront of the teachers and they tell the child that is being harassed to play nice and lets the bullies go without a word. Bad school!!!

Last modified Epperly Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.