Bad
Good

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 08, 2016
I have indeed witnessed the staff working with students (mine included) in various situations, advising children on the importance of honesty & integrity.

Posted April 08, 2016
My experience over the last 3+ years has been excellent. The curriculum is on & sometimes above target. I have dealt with staff in the lunch room, the office, library, as well as the teachers, asdt. principal and the principal, Mr Hill. I have always been treated courteously and never made to to feel any of my concerns were trivial. I am the grandparent of 2 special needs children and I must say I have received great support from both the asst. principal as well as the principal. We as parents need to remember that good schooling starts at home and if we interact respectfully with the school staff, we can accomplish most things together. I give this school and its staff two thumbs up! Keep up the good work....Kudos!

Posted March 03, 2015
I went there yesterday to talk with them about getting an emergency transfer for my two children. I'm in a wheelchair and my mother helps me by taking them to and from school. While talking with them about everything one of the ladies in the office looked me over seeing I'm in a wheelchair and asked me if I conceidered giving my Children up. I was shocked what I was hearing and answered No! She replied back in saying someone in my situation should really conceider giving my rights as a parent up to someone else. REALLY?!? Just because I'm in a wheelchair?! I can do everything any other parent does and I take care of my children. If she don't like the fact that I rely on my mom driving I'm more then happy to let her buy me some hand controls and everything I need. Someone in a school that tells someone in a wheelchair to give away their kids just because they can't walk should not be working with children!

Epperly Heights Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I went and enrolled my youngest daughter in pre-k here yesterday. I was very impressed with how organized, and fast the process was.

Posted October 19, 2012
This school must've really made a change for the better since the reviews i've read dated in 2009. Mr Hill is still the principal & pretty much knows every child by name. My 2 boys attend here & they love it, and all the teachers i've interacted with are great!! Go Epperly Heights!!!

Posted July 18, 2010
I think that this is a wonderful school. The teachers really care about the students and want them to do their best. My daughter was in kindergarten at Epperly and she loved it.

Posted April 09, 2010
this schools faculty turns a blind eye to bullies and treats it as if the child picked on is the offender. even in first grade there are small gangs forming and from the classroom to the playground they do not keep an eye on the children unless they speak out of turn. My son is there at this point but I am pulling him out because of the staff ignoring all my concerns, they pretend to listen to you and then nothing is done to change things. there will always be racism everywhere and its all over that school. the way that school is reflects the community and that is the ghetto. Its a sad day when a child gets bullied right infront of the teachers and they tell the child that is being harassed to play nice and lets the bullies go without a word. Bad school!!!

Posted July 26, 2009
While I feel there are many qualified teachers at Epperly and an amazing principal I choose not to send my children to this school. There is a horrible lack of parental involvement in this school. Most of the children are undisciplined with little to no manners, and a total disregard to authority.

Posted May 08, 2009
Worst School I have ever seen in my life! Horrible, staff, with no affection for the children, but I will say I do love the principal, Mr. Kevin Hill. He is the only thing I like about that school. This school is a horrible place to send your children. Full of minorities. Scratch that, the minorities are the white people now. Children are rude, inconsiderate, but the children who are actually worth something are treated horribly. This school is by far the worst run school I have ever seen. I will point out that some of the teachers are sweethearts. But most of them do not give a damn for these children. Our future!!! If you want your kid to turn out at least half good, then do not send them here. Go to Townsend or Traub.

Posted March 25, 2009
My granddaughter tells me, she loves her teacher Mrs. McCollum. she has been at this school for 2 years now..

3805 Del Road, Oklahoma City, OK  73115
Last modified Epperly Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.