Posted October 01, 2014
This school is very unfair to children who are mainstreamed. The principal is very unfair and does not follow the federal laws set in place for children who have an IEP she would rather get the child sent to another school than follow proper procedures. I was told this by a couple of other parents but did not believe it because of how well my oldest child has done there until my other child went to school there now I see exactly what the other parents were talking about. If you do not have a "normal" child I would save the time and trouble and go to another school. The state or someone should step in and review there plans and procedures and how they treat children differently here.

Posted August 18, 2012
I have 3 kids that went to this school, only one finshed, the other two needed to be transfered to other schools to be able to have a positive experiance. The principal is lacking to say the least and seems to really want to be somewhere else. There is proof to my opinion. When my kids moved on to other schools they all 3 flurished. Both socially, academiclly and behaviorally. The don't know how to deal with children that learn "differently" or have special needs. If you can DO NOT let your children go here. There are at least 2 other schools in less than 3 miles that are WAY better.

Posted April 07, 2009
I love this school. All of my children has attended this school and 2 are still in attendance. The faculty, principles and administrative staff are so personable and knows every child in that school by name. Highland Park is a great school and if I ever have to move out of the district be my kids reach 5th grade, I will be asking for a in district special transfer. This is a great school that offers a great education for all in attendance there.

Posted February 22, 2009
I personally love this school. My son has gone here since pre-K. The teachers are wonderful.There does need to be more parental involvement however. The teachers are great though!!

Posted August 09, 2008

Highland Park Elementary School 3

Posted January 22, 2008

Posted April 09, 2007
- a administrator
Excellent school! Best of the best! None better! Caring staff and the world's best students. Awesome place!!!!

Highland Park Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2007
My children attended this school for a cumulative 16 years. The teachers here are excellent and they did well. However, over the past several years the census of child attending this school has changed, and changed for the worse. Now it is rare to find a child whose parent is involved, and even more rare to find a parent who is raising their child to have manners and to be respectful of the teachers and other adults. The teachers are excellent and this school could be a good school but it will take parental involvement to back up what the teachers and Principal are striving to achieve.

Highland Park Elementary School
5301 South Dimple Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73135
Last modified Highland Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top