Parkview Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted yesterday

The principal at Parkview is wonderful! Just like any other school, I have encountered some good teachers and some very bad teachers as well! The office staff is very rude and just not friendly at all! Over all though, I love Parkview.....you just have to be very selective when it comes to who your child's teacher will be!!!!

Posted August 26, 2014

i don't like teacher this school, some teachers they very discrimination and despise parents also students. My son and daughter very sad after school finish. they not really enjoys or interested at school.

Posted April 22, 2014

I do not like Parkview elementary, my daughter is in kindergarten and she gets bullied everyday and her teacher will not do anything I have ask and her to do. Every time I go up to the school the office lady's are so rude and you will see kids just walking and playing in the hallways. I wish my daughter could go to Townsend Elementary schools, my youngest go's there because she is in a DD class there. In Townsend Elementary school the office, principal, and teachers are the greatest people I have ever met since I moved to Oklahoma...

Posted August 30, 2011

My two sons have attended Parkview. My oldest just recently transitioned to Jr. High. I have a second grader currently enrolled and so far the sch yr has started off great. We do not have a negative experience to speak of in the 4 years we have encountered PV. Yes, as I read in another review the principal is very hands on, in fact, he spoke to my children by name as I witnessed him do with many others. Inanutshell, my children have had a good experience with teachers, other staff as well as students. My oldest had great teachers in 3rd and 4th grade, that really went the extra mile to help him in weak areas. They were responsive by email as well as taking time to send home frequent notes about his progess!

Posted May 4, 2010

Parkview is the best! The principal is hands on - a strong presence in the school. The teachers work hard to accomodate each child's special needs as well as being good role models. The office staff is helpful and courteous. I give them a 5 star and so do my kids.

Posted April 24, 2010

They have a great staff and great parents who really care about education!

Posted April 24, 2010

The teachers really care about their students! The Principal is a wonderful leader! We love the librarian! She is the best librarian that I have ever seen!

Posted April 24, 2010

The teachers are all friends with each other like a family. The parents are awesome and love to help out at the school with anything that needs to be done,
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 25, 2009

I have love this school it is a multicultral school very diverse. They are very positive people who love to teach and make sure your student has a chance to be the best young citizens they can be. The principal Mr. Kalsu is the best principal every and is very protective over his students and faculty. Nothing and no one gets by him. He should be principal of the year.

Posted July 29, 2008

Best school my children have ever attended. The staff make all the difference!

Posted January 25, 2008

THe principle, Mr. Kalsu, is very involved and professional. He really does know each child by name and really understands how to communicate to the children with respect and compassion. The students listen to him. The staff seem happy to teach and in my 4 years of experience so far, have been willing to help and understand my daughters' needs. I feel good sending my child to school there each day knowing that she will learn and be kept safe. I am looking forward to my son growing up and attending Parkview! I think that the music (yea Mrs. Sharp!), art (Miss Peterson rocks). reading (Hi Mrs. Long), and other staff members do an amazing job. They even have a before and after school day care in the facility!

Posted November 12, 2007

We moved to this school from another in the same district. There is no comparison. Parkview is amazing. The staff really love the students and love what they do. My daughter is challenging, but I know she will be greeted with compassion and guidance everyday. Parkview provides a level of education that I was surprised to find in the public school system. Again, the result of dedicated teaching staff.

Posted September 18, 2006

I am very impressed with my son s, teacher s credentials. I am impressed with the entire atmosphere and demeanor of the students and faculty.

Posted May 17, 2006

Parkview is a great school with great teachers. My daughter attended there from 1st thru 6 grade. The principal Mr. Kalsu is the best. You can't ask for a better environment for your child. The quality of learning is top notch. I highly recommend it.

Posted October 20, 2004

Parkview is a 1st rate school - its not as old as you think, but it is kept in superb condition. All three of my children have gone or are going to Parkview. Top notch teachers, staff and an super involved principle, Mr. Kalsu. We are moving next year and I hope I can find a comparable school where we are going. A+++

Posted September 29, 2004

This is a neighborhood school. Though it is an older school it is kept up very well. Very clean and nice. The principal is the best. Very involved and knows the kids by name. They do not tolerate too much talking, fighting or name calling. I only wish they offered classes through 12th grade. A+ in my book. My child attended 4th - 6th grades. No organized sports though due to budget cuts.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

66 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 2%
Native American 6% 16%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 157%N/A61%
Special education 29%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5701 MacKelman Dr