Tinker Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted June 12, 2008

This was my daughters first year at Tinker and I will not allow my daughter to go back. The teachers do care but the Leadership their starting with the principal who is horrible and doesn't care less about what is going on at her school. They make assumptions about certain students and parents and treat them differently. They dramatize everything to be worst then it is and speak down to you. My daughter stopped being excited about going to school in fear of what she was going to get in trouble for next: helping a classmate, wanting to answer all the questions, being cheerful and anxious at the start of every school day. Tinker needs to think about a complete makeover from the dilapidated building to the Administration.

Posted March 12, 2008

The secretary deals with people in an unfriendly aggressive nature leaving parents with the feeling that their concerns were unwarranted and bothersome. The principal makes no attempt to respond to parents about situations in the school. Once the principal reassured me that she would deal with an issue and respond however; no attempt was ever made to get in touch with me. This school is the worst my children have attended in two states. The school smells, is unclean, and is managed in an unorganized manner and to date I have not encountered one skilled teacher currently employed at this school. Avoid this school at all cost if you value your child s education and future. Also it is worth noting that I remain anonymous due to a fear of reprisal directed at my children in the event that the author of this review is to become known.

Posted November 28, 2007

The leadership at Tinker Elementary is very lacking. The office staff is often seen as rude and indifferent. The principal does not return phone calls nor address parental concerns promptly. While the teachers are among the best, the leadership at the top is quite lacking!

Posted May 23, 2007

We have one child at Tinker Elementary. As she is in the first grade, I had hoped our experience would be positive. I am disappointed in the level of academics she is tasked to perform. She is bored and there is no accelerated learning program available for gifted children. The administration is not proactive in dealing with issues and concerns raised by parents. The PTO is the same group of individuals, year after year, all of whom are not interested in the assistance of other parents. I've found the school to be both unfriendly and not helpful. I am looking at other options for educating my child next year.

Posted April 28, 2007

The level of parental involvement at Tinker is outstanding. Thr teachers are great, and if your child is in a mainstream class it is truely one of the best schools to attend. Unfortunately, children with disablities are often given general treatment and many receive the same IEP.

Posted April 18, 2007

This is our first year at Tinker Elementary. I am very glad to say that the teachers are awesome. They put all their focus and energy on each individual child. They are available to hear concerns, comments, suggestions, and give my child and me their full attention during conferences. It feels like a big family away from home. I do not worry about their safety because everyone looks out for everyone else. They have a security surveillance, an impressive check-in system and office personnel that are always grateful to help you in any way possible.

Posted April 18, 2007

My oldest child has gone to Tinker for 5 years and I have 2 others that have been at Tinker for 3 years and we just love the school. The staff and teacher are supportive and caring. I would recommend this school to anyone come to Tinker AFB. We also would like to thank the PTO for all of their help and support. WOW, we are lucky to have such amazing educators for our Tinker children. All I can say is Tinker Staff keep up the good work.

Posted April 18, 2007

We have children who attended and are currently attending Tinker Elem. I have always been impressed with the school and the involvement of the teachers. My family loves this school. As a military family it is important to be at a place that cares about its students and their families. With excellent teachers, and staff members and hard working involved administrators we will continue to support Tinker even once all our children have moved on.

Posted April 5, 2007

This is my child s first year at Tinker and I must say that I am extremely disappointed with the quality of education that she is receiving. My daughter has always been an excellent study and I have never had a problem with her academically. However, when you move to a place in the middle of the school year and you are not sure about the surrounding schools my husband and I just let her go to Tinker because it was close. The staff and teachers do not focus on teaching the required things that kindergartens should know prior to going to the first grade. The quality of the academic programs are poor. I feel that my daughter has regressed since attending Tinker Elementary next year she will be attending a private school.

Posted February 27, 2007

Unfortunately I am very unhappy with the leadership at Tinker Elementary. As a military mom I expect better leadership from the school administration. The office workers are rude, a principal that doesn't respond to parent complaints. The PTSO is a bunch or rude women who treat working mothers like they don't matter. Fortunately for my son he has an outstanding teacher that really cares. Hint for PTSO: start treating your volunteers better and maybe you will get more support.

Posted February 20, 2007

I currently have the two students enrolled at Tinker Elementary for their second school year.There are some awesome teachers there that care about our students and their families. I have not been impressed at all with the principal. I have always been taught that everything rises and falls with leadership.The leadership that I have seen her display these past two years have been very poor. Also, their special needs programs like speech and extra reading classes that many children need to accomplish their learning skills have not been properly provided. They have failed our family with making sure that our child is not being left behind. Our child lost a whole year of these services, as well as a many other children at Tinker. It's a big responsibility running a school. People should take that into consideration before accepting the position. Parents need to stay involved in their child's education.

Posted December 23, 2006

This is my sons first year at tinker elementary.Since my son has been attending tinker elementary I have had several problems trying to communicate with several different staff members in regards to my child's progress.The school has serious issues with staying organized and keeping up with basic duties.

Posted September 18, 2006

While I would have preferred to send my son to a private school, as a single income family public school was our only choice. Additionally, because his birthday fell after the September 1 cut off, he entered a year 'late.' I found the curriculum severely inadequate; The Mid-Del Pre-K curriculum guidelines only required that students be able to count to 10 and recognize the alphabet by the end of the year. My son, who was reading at a 3rd grade level, was bored and acting out. No special considerations were given to academic needs. He entered Kindergarten this year and after struggling for weeks to motivate his teacher to help me work with him on a more academically appropriate level, I finally requested he be moved to a first grade class. I am not impressed with Tinker and will transfer to another district next year.

Posted May 16, 2006

I have been consistently disappointed time and again with Tinker Elementary. My son's teacher has been indifferent and insensitive to a military child dealing with a relocation. (we moved here with only 8 weeks left in the school year) The bathrooms are in disrepair with no stalls around the toilets, and broken plumbing. Our son will be attending a private school for next year.

Posted March 31, 2006

We love Tinker Elementary. The teachers and staff are amazing. They really take an interest in each student and seeing to their success. They provide extracurricular activities and continue to pour confidence into our students. Parents love to be involved with Tinker a place that is well appreciated. :)

Posted May 19, 2005

Tinker Elementary is a top notch school. The teachers are professional and try to reach each student. They care about their students. My children enjoy the Walking Club and the A.R. Celebrations. Keep up the good work!

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

50 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

50 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

51 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%
Native American 3% 16%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 63%N/A61%
Special education 15%N/A15%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4500 Tinker Rd