Oklahoma City, OK

Posted July 09, 2014
Tinker Elementary is a great school. The teachers really go above and beyond for their students. This school is rich in technology and accelerated learning activities for all students. I currently have 2 students enrolled and 1 who has passed through Tinker. They have all been happy, safe, and challenged. Tinker does a great job making sure students are ready for the future!

Posted July 06, 2014
My daughter loves attending Tinker Elementary! She loves everything about Tinker Elementary; staff, classes, and activities. She was so disappointed when the school year ended. She likes summer but she loves school more! She can't wait until August to start a new school year!

Posted July 01, 2014
My son just completed Kindergarten and is really excited for 1st grade. The teaching staff at Tinker work really hard trying to challenge and teach the children that walk through their door. I have heard some complaints from parents about this and that, but you have to experience it for yourself. Only the discouraged complain and I know of MANY parents and students who LOVE this school. I don't take my children's education lightly. I know that those teachers have a lot of adversities with the ever changing education system. But they work hard! Thank you, Tinker for loving my son!!!

Posted July 01, 2014
My girls started attending Tinker last year. We have absolutely loved our experiences there! All of the staff is friendly & knowledgable. The teachers go above & beyond for the students. We love all of the fun activities they plan for the kids & families. The principal is always around to talk to & help in any situation. We love Tinker!

Tinker Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2014
My son has had noting but a good experience at Tinker Elementary. All of that is due in part to his teacher. I like the school because it is small, the staff is friendly and they have a good curriculum. You will see the Principal out just about every morning greeting the kids. Overall I have had no problems and my son really likes the school.

Posted April 01, 2014
My daughter is a 5th grader that has been going to Tinker Elementary School since October 2013. My daughter has been an honor roll student since the First Grade and has always been an above grade level reader. Since attending this school my daughter has come home crying because she is afraid she will have to repeat the 5th grade. The only thing they are teaching is how to take the state exam and I want to know why they make students run laps for discipline. My daughter has fainting spells when she over heats and my biggest fear is that the teacher is going to make them run laps and my daughter is going faint and injure herself.

Posted July 26, 2013
"No taking during lunch, you will choke. How would your parents feel if they got a call from us hearing you'd choked?" They want silence at lunch, yet KidzBop blasted. Want calm? Play calm music. Multiple times, 1st grader had to run laps around the large school yard because didn't write student number on homework, or forgot to write name. Teacher hollered at 3rd grade class on regular basis. Playground equipment is ancient. Bright spots: Mrs. Kubitscheck, 1st grade teacher; she's a star. Apple iMacs in computer lab. Sum up: it is running on survival mode, the school the district forgot. It needs experienced, proven Principal to revive it! It has a transitory student body because of Base, and also pulls from an economically challenged area. These things should be taken into consideration. Make the school a bright spot in the lives of these kids, not a drudgery. Grade school should not be boot camp. Show some grace to these children. Stop yelling. Treat them with kindness. Expect good things from them. Don't scare them about state testing. Stop teaching to the TEST and just TEACH!

Posted October 16, 2012
HHORRIBLE SCHOOL! I really thought I was sending my child to a great school but soon discovered this school if far from it. The school is ran like a army base and the kids are aspected to act like soilders. The kids have to run laps if they have to use the restroom when it's not the designated bathroom break time. Kids are picked on and there's nothing done about it and they are made to feel like there the problem. A teacher has admitted in front of the principal during a meeting that she hallers at the students and slams books on her desk when she wants the kids to be quite and tells the kids to shut up and she is still allowed to teach there. The principal said she was gonna handle it but has failed to and is now trying to switch the blame from teacher to student. My child WILL NOT be attending this school next year and I recommend anyone to NOT enroll there child in this school.

Posted October 26, 2010
I love Tinker! I have a child in the Fourth grade. I love the teacher group and the flexibility offered to my child. I also have a child in first grade that also is part of the gifted program. Both sets of my childrens' teacher call me for concerns or rewards. The principal is amazing! I hope to keep him for a long time since my first grader will be there for a while. The admin staff does seem a little strained, personally I believe there just is not enough of them. I would like to see more parent involvement or a monthly calander of events. Overall, I am extremely happy!

Posted October 12, 2010
I am very satisfied and feel very fortunate that my child can attend Tinker Elementary. They have the most kindest teachers and they give alot of support to the military families. My child's fourth grade teachers are willing to do anything to make sure she succeeds! Iappeciate all that this school does!!

Tinker Elementary School
4500 Tinker Road, Oklahoma City, OK  73135
Last modified Tinker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tinker Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top