Posted April 13, 2012
Unfortunately, the entire Millwood school district has proven time and again that it is ill-prepared to educate, inform, and appropriately discipline their students. The Superintendent s office is unwilling to make adequate changes to how the system is structured. This district relies heavily on their board members to answer questions, the Superintendent, Dr. Griffin, is often unavailable and unwilling to answer question about the schools standards and practices. She is definitely out of touch with and or delusional about what it takes to adequately move citizen students forward in this society productively. A school district with so few students, the majority of whom do not live in the district, is at best blight on the educational system. The Superintendent is attempting to do things the same old tired way. This is the internet age; it is the time for new ideas, for new ways of reaching students who by the time they get to kindergarten are already computer literate. Dinosaurs have gone extinct everywhere in this world, EXCEPT the Millwood School District!

Posted December 04, 2009
I am very disappointed by Millwood, I transferred my child out of district to Millwood, I had always heard great things , however the past couple of years have been a nightmare. First my child transferred in 10th grade, it was not until he was a senior that I found out he need Trig to graduate , which they didn't have a teacher to teach it for a year & half and my child couldn't learn it, there was no alternative math he could take, he ok in his other subjects.My question is why would you have a currilum requirement for graduation and no teacher to teach. I, the parent after many phoine calls and trips to school trying to get help , finally found out about Francis Tuttle, I had to arrange to get him theremy self, no help from counselors , pprinciple, They can't keep teachers, the good ones leave,

Millwood High School 5

Posted April 30, 2009
MILLWOOD has great potential the students are really smart. They just need guidence!

Posted November 30, 2007
I would rate Millwood Schools with an over-all rating of a four. Sharing in this rating is the leadership within the current administration, coupled with the over-all safety of the school.

Millwood High School 2

Posted July 31, 2006
I think Millwood could be a very good school but I think they have their priorities mixed up. For instance this new Art Acemdemy, have they concidered what they are going to do with the students that did not apply for what ever reason. Millwood has let the disciplinary side of them fail our students. I feel all they care about is who they can suspend and for how long. For the trouble students get them some help instead of sending them home. Come up with an about face program for our troubled kids.

Posted July 12, 2006
I think this school is very weak. They let the kids run over them and don't do anything about. I think the school should be shut down or put new teachers in cause the ones they have now are poor in teaching!

Millwood High School 5

Posted February 20, 2006
- a former student
I am a Graduate of Millwood High School.I ranked 52 out of 82 and feel that I was very prepared for college. The faculty always provided us with ample opportunity to prepare for life after Millwood. I did not even graduate in the top ten percent of my class and am having no problems at a division 1 university.These are the Facts Millwood has higher graduation requirements than 76% of all the Schools in the Oklahoma City metro Area. Has 87% College entrance by graduating students. Averages a score of 24 or higher on the ACT. Has a lower percentage of drug use by students than any school in the Oklahoma City Area (including Edmond, Putnam City and other suburbs,) Has a lower dropout rate than any Historically black high school in the nation. And will become a full Performing Arts Academy in the Fall of 2007, because of it s academia. I will say that it is hard for teachers and students coming from outside of the Millwood family because most students at Millwood start attending in pre-school . And most teaches have been there for at least 10 years. My family has a rich history at Millwood and I will make sure that continues with my children.

Posted November 09, 2005
I think millwood highschool needs better teachers because I was a former falcon and I know the teachers let the students run over them and some teacher don't even teach there classes thay just hand you work and expect you to know the work. When I changed schools I found out that the work is more challenging and it made me a brighter student. Thanks millwood for helping me see that changing schools was the best way for me to become a brighter student.

Millwood High School 2

Posted October 11, 2005

Posted May 27, 2005
This is not a good school. The students are disrespectful with themselves and others. The administration has no control over the students. Too much fighting between teachers and secretaries. The classes are easy but then again the students are lazy.

Millwood High School
6718 Martin Luther King, Oklahoma City, OK  73111
Last modified Millwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millwood High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.