Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 26, 2016
Very surprised by some of the negative comments posted; have only had positive experiences. Both of my kids love going here!

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 24, 2015
We had more issues than successes here. Unqualified special ed aides, treated horribly by older, ready-to-retire teachers that have lost their zeal for what they do. I even had the school counselor show up on my porch unannounced at 8am (I was still in pi's) before school one day, asking about truant neighbor kids & their whereabouts. Talk about unprofessional!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 23, 2015
My child had 3-4 hours of homework a night. Teacher said child was not working in the classroom & saving it for home. Why is this allowed?

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2015
As a parent I recommend you look into any other options besides this school. It is the most overcrowded elementary school in the Moore district. The number of enrolled kids Great Schools says they have is wrong, add 75-100. NO teacher/parent communication. Child was taken to principals office several times, I was not notified over discipline issues. Child witnessed classmate bringing pocket knife to school. Did the right thing & told teacher. Next thing you know the "tattletale" is in the office being interrogated "did you see the blade of the knife?" You tell me where it says in the Moore Public School manual that a pocketknife is ok, but only if its folded. NO WEAPONS. Pretty black & white to me. My child was made to feel like she was in trouble for reporting it. My child did not have enough time to eat lunch, teachers spend the lunch period hollering on a microphone for them to stop talking. That ended up with all their heads down & forcing them to stop eating. Always came home hungry. My child had an undiagnosed learning disorder, the website success maker is the schools answer for a struggling child. After your child guesses incorrectly twice.. it gives you the answer. After 3rd grade standardized test, got a phone call from teacher. She said child didn't even try at her test, whizzed through it & she will "suffer the consequences of her choices when she returns for 4th grade". She was right. Missing recess right off the bat, no notice from teachers, nothing. If your kid is losing recess for the sake of being on success maker , being encouraged to do after school tutoring, then get ready for Saturday School also & then once summer comes around... summer school! Never ends. All this intervention & no increase in test scores. Why is that? The data they gather from success maker they don't evaluate it to see if child is improving. At least in our case they did not. Those are a few examples, from rude office staff, to intense bullying from peers that is unresolved. They have lost the sight of what an educators role is.

Posted November 07, 2013
My children have attended this school for four years now. While we had our hiccups at this school, they have done an amazing job accommodating my child with disabilities. The staff has also been wonderful. While certain office staff may seem stern, they are wonderful at their jobs and adore the children. The office ladies seem to know all the children's names by heart and they are very kind to every child who comes in with a scratch or scrape. The quality of teachers here is phenomenal. Of course there are a few teachers who may not be up to snuff personality wise, but they are all wonderful teachers. My children have learned so much at this school and I am thankful for all the staff, including Mel :-)

Posted November 06, 2013
My child was new last year, which was difficult as a 4th grader starting a new school. Teachers were awesome! Mrs. DeCarlo is a great leader, who sets a good example every day for the students. The office ladies (including Mel) were a huge part in welcoming my little one and made an effort to know her name and other details about her quickly. I love fairview and have recommended it to others and will continue to do so.

Fairview Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2013
School is overcrowded, parent communication could use some improvements when it comes to the teachers. With the arrival of a new principal/ assistant principal there have been some changes for the better. Previous review mentioned a rude office staff member? She was not exaggerating. Last year my child needed to call home because of a forgotten lunchpail, She did not realize my # had been dialed & the call connected? She was HISSING at my daughter "hang up the phone." My daughter then tries to tell her she had already dialed, "HANG UP THE PHONE!!!' I was horrified. She calls back sniffly & upset & gets to tell me what she was trying to. I am within walking distance from the school & made a trip up there. Office staff lady was hiding in her office with her tail tucked between her legs. There has been an office remodel & she no longer has her own office & is out in the open. I think if you work with kids you have to have PATIENCE with kids.

Fairview Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
Like what most people are saying on here I have to strongly agree!! The teachers are awesome but the office ladies are very rude, especially one that goes by the name mel. (Perhaps it is time to retire or find a different job that doesn't include working directly with people.)

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2012
The teachers at this school were great! However, the office staff was terrible, uncaring, and even downright rude! The principal and assistant principal were rude, not only to me, but even to my children! It's a shame that the teachers we had were great but the staff was awful!! My children no longer attend here.

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2012
This school is below par. The office staff are horrible and absent minded Okies who are unhelpful and obviously disenfranchised with thier jobs. The principle is nowhere to be found at all times and the teachers are just not intelligent (as teachers should be), which makes it difficult to talk to them since it's always difficult to talk down to an adult who is responsible for teaching your child... if you can send your kids somewhere else, do it.

2431 Southwest 89th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73159
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.