Posted November 07, 2013
My children have attended this school for four years now. While we had our hiccups at this school, they have done an amazing job accommodating my child with disabilities. The staff has also been wonderful. While certain office staff may seem stern, they are wonderful at their jobs and adore the children. The office ladies seem to know all the children's names by heart and they are very kind to every child who comes in with a scratch or scrape. The quality of teachers here is phenomenal. Of course there are a few teachers who may not be up to snuff personality wise, but they are all wonderful teachers. My children have learned so much at this school and I am thankful for all the staff, including Mel :-)

Posted November 06, 2013
My child was new last year, which was difficult as a 4th grader starting a new school. Teachers were awesome! Mrs. DeCarlo is a great leader, who sets a good example every day for the students. The office ladies (including Mel) were a huge part in welcoming my little one and made an effort to know her name and other details about her quickly. I love fairview and have recommended it to others and will continue to do so.

Fairview Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2013
School is overcrowded, parent communication could use some improvements when it comes to the teachers. With the arrival of a new principal/ assistant principal there have been some changes for the better. Previous review mentioned a rude office staff member? She was not exaggerating. Last year my child needed to call home because of a forgotten lunchpail, She did not realize my # had been dialed & the call connected? She was HISSING at my daughter "hang up the phone." My daughter then tries to tell her she had already dialed, "HANG UP THE PHONE!!!' I was horrified. She calls back sniffly & upset & gets to tell me what she was trying to. I am within walking distance from the school & made a trip up there. Office staff lady was hiding in her office with her tail tucked between her legs. There has been an office remodel & she no longer has her own office & is out in the open. I think if you work with kids you have to have PATIENCE with kids.

Fairview Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
Like what most people are saying on here I have to strongly agree!! The teachers are awesome but the office ladies are very rude, especially one that goes by the name mel. (Perhaps it is time to retire or find a different job that doesn't include working directly with people.)

Posted October 22, 2012
The teachers at this school were great! However, the office staff was terrible, uncaring, and even downright rude! The principal and assistant principal were rude, not only to me, but even to my children! It's a shame that the teachers we had were great but the staff was awful!! My children no longer attend here.

Posted May 01, 2012
This school is below par. The office staff are horrible and absent minded Okies who are unhelpful and obviously disenfranchised with thier jobs. The principle is nowhere to be found at all times and the teachers are just not intelligent (as teachers should be), which makes it difficult to talk to them since it's always difficult to talk down to an adult who is responsible for teaching your child... if you can send your kids somewhere else, do it.

Posted March 07, 2012
Both of my children go to Fairview and we love it! Most of the teachers are amazing!

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted September 24, 2008

Posted March 09, 2008

Fairview Elementary School
2431 Southwest 89th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73159
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.